PDA

View Full Version : Stop the presses?

TeirusuFX
04-25-2009, 07:43 PM
How many of you here don't like specific newsgroups/media?

If you don't, say why, if you do, say why.

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

complexmanifold
04-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Most news sources are bias, but I don't blame 'em for trying to make some money. That is why I try to take most news with a grain of salt, and try to come up with conclusions, based on the so called facts from all sources, myself.

Hei Feng
04-26-2009, 04:23 AM
I was so and so about the media until I started watching stuff like The Chaser and Media Watch. Those two programs really opened my eyes to the media bias.
I also steer clear of current affairs shows because their bias is just disgusting.

skiboydoggy
04-26-2009, 05:10 AM
Well, as far as I can tell, channels like BBC and whatnot are rather reliable, while those like Fox are terribly biased. You just have to look in the correct places, really.

atucker22
04-26-2009, 11:36 AM
It's ruining everything and I don't even pay attention to it.

Graceful_Suicune
04-27-2009, 11:25 AM
The media is annoying. >.>
They make up fake stories and invade people's lives without permission.

~Xanthe.

Yoda55
04-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Its ok. Thats what I voted for.

Broderick
04-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Well, as far as I can tell, channels like BBC and whatnot are rather reliable, while those like Fox are terribly biased. You just have to look in the correct places, really.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
I voted for the "Okay" option.

Professor Geoffrey
04-30-2009, 12:10 AM

Biased news is far better than filtered news, that's all I'll say. =)

I think all media lies in one way or another. They'll do whatever they want for a good story (not to mention the profit behind it), even if it means stretching the truth, not telling all of the truth, or not telling the truth at all. That means that not only did the media do a whole bunch of lying about Bush, they also did, and do, lie about Obama. They lie about everything.

Snow Fairy Sugar
04-30-2009, 12:19 AM
I think the Media is okay. Sure they milk stories for all they're worth, but it is really weird how people like the Media when it says something to the person's liking, and call then liars when the Media say something they don't like. :3

Besides, comic sections > front pages, so what's the big deal? :D

Woodchuck
04-30-2009, 12:23 AM
Most news sources are bias, but I don't blame 'em for trying to make some money. That is why I try to take most news with a grain of salt, and try to come up with conclusions, based on the so called facts from all sources, myself.

^That.^

Fox, CNN, NBC; what's the use of watching any of them? They're all incredibly biased one way or another.

However, I voted for the "Is okay" option, because, while they may be irksome to a degree, I don't think they're "ruining everything".

-Jake-

Ham and Cheese
04-30-2009, 12:26 AM
I believe that the media is good on occasion and utterly reprehensible at others. Sometimes it can reveal truths that officials are too afraid to reveal for fear of backlash, and other times it can form a herd mentality amongst its viewers/readers regarding a certain subject.

That's why it's merely 'okay.' I prefer to get my information from Wikipedia, in any case.