PDA

View Full Version : Bagon Madness

mlugia
07-06-2005, 01:52 PM
So, I noticed Bagon is a ***** to hatch compared to Doduo :x

Anyways, I was hatching Bagons earlier (I bred for a dad w/ 31 HP and atk IV while mom w/ 31 atk and speed IV), and this one came up:

Bagon (F)
Adamant
HP: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19,
Attack: 31
Defense: 15, 16, 17, 18, 19,
Spec.Att: 25, 26, 27, 28, 29,
Spec.Def: 25, 26, 27, 28, 29,
Speed: 31

Now, this is a pretty leet Bagon right there, minus the HP and Defense, it's completely awesome. However, seeing as I'm a big fan of HP, should I keep hatching Bagons, or should I keep this one, since it already fullfills 2 of my 3 stat criteria, with a good bonus in special Def as well?

(Note: Bagon is to be a Dragon Dancer, so the Special Atk, while godly, is pointless at the same time :( )

Your ideas?

(While I'm at it, Dragon dance/Aerial Ace/Rock Slide/Earthquake is the good Salamence Set, right? Or was there something else?)

chaos_on_the_internet
07-06-2005, 01:55 PM
My favorite Salamence is the Choice Band set: Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Fire Blast/Double-Edge/Brick Break. With those attack, speed, and special attack stats it could pull it off very well. If you are worried about HP, realize that you are going to have to take a hit while DDing.

mlugia
07-06-2005, 02:00 PM
True, but I'm thinking of using Dodrio as my Choice bander (Max atk/speed, 4 HP). Is having 2-3 CBers on a team overkill? :s Maybe I should ditch the thought of Dugtrio and go for a Physically tough thing.

Edit: Thanks for replying so quickly

Nemesis
07-06-2005, 03:54 PM
One of my teams has 4 cbers in it (CB Gross, and CB lax are my two sponges)... ...though for a normal team (a non-cb team) I prefer to keep it down to about 1 or maybe 2...

The theory of DDing is something like: you repeatedly eq (or Aerial Ace/Rock Slide) on the switch to the oponents Sala counter, and then switch out, but when you think your oponent's Sala counter is at low enough health DD on the switch in stead of attacking, and then kill it, and proceed to sweep. This is usually helped by a spiker (to increase damage the Sala counter takes while switching in), and a Maggie so you don't beed to give it flamethrower/fire blast. It works in theory, though its pretty dificutlt to actually pull off.

Also I prefer the DD set, though my word is almost nothing compared to that of Chaos's...

EDIT: typo...

mlugia
07-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Hmm, I'm reluctant to get a Magneton because I can't obviously have Hidden power on it, which is really blowy :(

(Caos? XD)

But really, you think I should keep the bagon or keep trying?

Nemesis
07-06-2005, 04:16 PM
...depends how much you want it to have max HP... ...I personally would keep it, but then again that's just because I'd be to lazy to bread another...

mlugia
07-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Well said, I guess a -12 HP isn't that bad considering I got excellent Special D in return.

I guess I'll keep it then =D

Nemesis
07-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Well said, I guess a -12 HP isn't that bad considering I got excellent Special D in return.

I guess I'll keep it then =D

Well, the high Sp Def is somewhat pointless IMO, because from my expirience the only special moves my Salamence ever takes are flame throwers/fire blasts (that I switch into), or ice beams/HP ices (in which case I don't really care if Salamence dies or not/rock slide misses)... ...and it isn't all to common that a Salamence takes an ice beam, STABed or not...

The End
07-07-2005, 12:37 PM
cb mence is a personal fave. its an immediate threat when it comes to the stage.