PDA

View Full Version : Which band is better, Paramore or Arcade Fire?

Metallic Houndoom
04-26-2009, 02:39 PM
I like Paramore more but my mate thinks Arcade Fire will be more popular.

Orthar
04-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I think they'll both die out because they are both commercialized garbage with little to no talent whatsoever.

Black Hawk
04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Paramore is the best band ever psh.

Wisp
04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
I think that, Paramore have the fan support but are overplayed in my opinion.
Whereas, Arcade Fire aren't as popular but are very unique.

I personally like Arcade Fire more, Paramore is heard all he time over here, they're starting to get a little annoying. ^^;;

complexmanifold
04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
I think it is interesting how the apparent measure of how good a band is how much they are not well known and not commercialized, rather than simply listening to their sound with no external factors considered in, music in its purest form. I voted Arcade Fire.

-Zodeon
04-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Neither band are really my taste.

Dark Turtwig
04-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I really don't listen to either (when I have a choice at least, I hear Paramore all the time), so I don't have much of an opinion on this subject. May I ask though, where is the 'neither' option on the poll?

Rohypnol
04-26-2009, 07:08 PM
May I ask though, where is the 'neither' option on the poll?

Neither = gtfo the thread.

And Paramore. =3

Black Hawk
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I think it is interesting how the apparent measure of how good a band is how much they are not well known and not commercialized, rather than simply listening to their sound with no external factors considered in, music in its purest form. I voted Arcade Fire.

Your reasoning is just excellent... why didn't I think of that?

Orthar
04-26-2009, 08:00 PM

That's not the only reasoning in my thinking. But, common sense would point to that music that is often commercialized heavily would be less inspired and created to make a quick buck, rather then putting time and effort before a song.

Paramore blows, as does Arcade Fire. Both have little to no emotion, and are filled to the brim with cliches and hook lyrics.

Stinky
04-26-2009, 08:08 PM
I agree with King, Paramore ftw.

complexmanifold
04-26-2009, 09:10 PM
That's not the only reasoning in my thinking. But, common sense would point to that music that is often commercialized heavily would be less inspired and created to make a quick buck, rather then putting time and effort before a song.

Sounds like a bunch of assumptions created by disgruntled musical elitists.

Vaughn
04-26-2009, 10:54 PM
What's Arcade Fire? Oh wel, I voted for Paramore.

George Jefferson
04-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Pearl Jam.

:>

Tombi
04-27-2009, 05:41 PM
Sounds like a bunch of assumptions created by disgruntled musical elitists.

That's because they are.

And they're true, too.

I haven't voted, as I hate both. c:

@Kenneth: Yes. Pearl Jam. xD

George Jefferson
04-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Pearl Jam.

:>

That's because they are.

And they're true, too.

I haven't voted, as I hate both. c:

@Kenneth: Yes. Pearl Jam. xD

My, the multi-quote option is underused.

Daughter of Mew
04-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Cannibal Corpse

Out of those two, I'll go with Paramore, because I've actually heard Paramore before.