PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a Shoddy Account?

Lurking Shadow
05-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Yes or no. Even if you don't play that often.

While we're at it, anybody have any particular views on the recent merger of Shoddy and Smogon? I think it's cool, in the sense that the best of the battlers can now interact more directly with the Shoddy programmers, or so I presume.

I am MotorDrive on the Smogon server - I think they did away with what was previously the 'official' server, but I could be wrong.

Vaughn
05-03-2009, 01:44 AM
I had one before, back in 07. But, then stopped and got on Netbattle, then quitted there. So yeah, I did have one.

Psychedelic Shroomish
05-03-2009, 01:46 AM
Yeah, I'm Niggachu on Smogon Server. I play quite often. ;0

Operative
05-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Nope, never had one.

Don't plan on getting one. But that could change.

ronjocox
05-03-2009, 02:44 AM
The names that I usually use on the smogon server are: BangKok, WishNite, and ronjocox.

D:

Broderick
05-03-2009, 03:25 AM
I have like 10 accounts on shoddy. x_x

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
05-03-2009, 04:57 AM
Nope. I don't even battle against anyone else.

Hei Feng
05-03-2009, 05:23 AM
Nope. Never thought about getting one.

Keion
05-03-2009, 06:47 AM
I had one but I only use it once in a while

Void
05-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I have one. I use it a lot since I don't have a DS.

cub0nes_sp0tlessmind
05-06-2009, 04:09 PM
I do and my name on there is venek_0.

Ayotui
05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I have one. I use it a lot since I don't have a DS.

me neither. so yes i do have shoddy

Master Aqua
05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
YES I have shoddy accounts, quite a few actually.

Yoda55
05-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Yes.

Smogon: Yoda55.

Not on a lot though.

TeirusuFX
05-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Yea...no

Seriously, online Pokemon training? What a waste of time, you already have Pokemon for the portable consoles, why bother?

Now if it was to be something like an online PMD, that'd be a bit more interesting

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Yoda55
05-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Yea...no

Seriously, online Pokemon training? What a waste of time, you already have Pokemon for the portable consoles, why bother?

Now if it was to be something like an online PMD, that'd be a bit more interesting

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Training is alot different from battiling.

TeirusuFX
05-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Training is alot different from battiling.

Oh wow, battling people online! MUCH FUN!

There's already Wi-Fi battling on D/P/Pt and Battle Revolution

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Yoda55
05-06-2009, 09:14 PM
Wi-Fi= Money. Shoddy=Free.

TeirusuFX
05-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Wi-Fi= Money. Shoddy=Free.

Wi-Fi = It costs more only if your internet service doesn't have Wi-Fi, but if it does, it's practically the same price that you pay for internet

Shoddy = Same price as Wi-Fi, YOU ARE PAYING FOR INTERNET AFTER ALL

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Yoda55
05-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Wi-Fi = It costs more only if your internet service doesn't have Wi-Fi, but if it does, it's practically the same price that you pay for internet

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Your a rebel against Shoddy arn't you?

Black Hawk
05-06-2009, 09:21 PM
I have multiples, though my most used is one I shall not disclose because I do not wish to lose my anonymity.

In other words I spam and troll alot there and I don't want to be reported by yine snitch heads =D

TeirusuFX
05-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Your a rebel against Shoddy arn't you?

Naw, I'm explaining further why I don't do Shoddy, but if you wish to waste your lifes on something you already have, then so be it.

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Soda
05-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Naw, I'm explaining further why I don't do Shoddy, but if you wish to waste your lifes on something you already have, then so be it.

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

You are really stupid...You don't Wifi battle or Shoddy so just gtfo. Your opinion is fail. I don't feel like learning how to do Wi-Fi battles and stuff. Shoddy is so much easier. I can just make a team and battle good people. AND YES ONLINE BATTLING IS FUN YOU DUMBFUCK. :surp:

Yes I do. [Soda]

Void
05-07-2009, 08:56 AM

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

You sure are stupid. I don't know when was the last time I heard that you can get a DS for free.

And also, WiFi is FULL of lag. Shoddy is much, much faster.

Seriously, if you've never used Shoddy before, don't say anything. In Shoddy, you can go on a server and challenge anyone online. Also, there are the ladder battles with ratings, where you just click a button and you get into a battle with some random person. On WiFi, you have to go through the long process of sending a PM requesting a battle, typing in Friend Codes, etc. Some people like to use WiFi because of the animations, and thats fine, but you can't say that Shoddy isn't useful.

We Taste Pies...
05-07-2009, 09:18 AM
You sure are stupid. I don't know when was the last time I heard that you can get a DS for free.

And also, WiFi is FULL of lag. Shoddy is much, much faster.

Seriously, if you've never used Shoddy before, don't say anything. In Shoddy, you can go on a server and challenge anyone online. Also, there are the ladder battles with ratings, where you just click a button and you get into a battle with some random person. On WiFi, you have to go through the long process of sending a PM requesting a battle, typing in Friend Codes, etc. Some people like to use WiFi because of the animations, and thats fine, but you can't say that Shoddy isn't useful.

On top of that, you gotta buy the games too. I suppose you could argue you have to pay for the computer, but why would you have internet access without a computer :tongue:

Void
05-07-2009, 11:28 AM
On top of that, you gotta buy the games too. I suppose you could argue you have to pay for the computer, but why would you have internet access without a computer :tongue:

Yeah, and besides, paying for the computer isn't really a reason, it's not like your buying a computer just to play games. You need a computer to do your homework / whatever other work you have to do. You buy a DS just to play games, nothing else.

Game Over
05-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I have an acoiunt in the smogon server, and my name is gameoverpika. However, I'm not on shoddy as much as I use to be, but I do go on occasionally.

Nitro
05-09-2009, 02:21 AM
I used to be nitrodown, now I'm oshi-. I don't go on much, though. I'm thinking of getting back into competitive battling some time soon, but not now.

The Jr Trainer
05-09-2009, 02:27 AM
I have a lot, like 9 or 10 of them. But I don't go on much anymore, kind of got old seeing the same team in every battle. X:

Lurking Shadow
05-09-2009, 03:49 AM
At TeirusuFX and those who think like him/her.

You seem to misunderstand how Shoddy works. One of its big selling points is that you get to battle without the leveling up to 100 and such. You get to choose what levels you want your Pokemon to be at, and what EV's/natures/IV's they have without having to breed for it.

Anyway, nice to see some people who do have Shoddy accounts. :happy: