PDA

View Full Version : The NBA Chat Thread

Legendary Wolf
05-03-2009, 02:02 AM
You can talk about the NBA playoffs here!

How about the Bulls/Celtics?

EDIT: I've changed the title to make it official to talk aout anything NBA related. Offseason buzz and everything!

Vaughn
05-03-2009, 02:03 AM
My dad told me that yesterday, iirc, they went to triple overtime. Ray Allen of the Celtics almost, or perhaps over, 50 points.

Teo
05-03-2009, 02:11 AM
I so want the Celtics to go out in the first round. Denver is actually surprising me this year, they seem to have a pretty solid team.

Legendary Wolf
05-03-2009, 02:18 AM
I hope the Magic play Chicago. I think that would be a good series.

That triple overtime was intense and Ray Allen was a monster that game.

Vaughn
05-03-2009, 03:03 AM
I hope the Magic play Chicago. I think that would be a good series.

That triple overtime was intense and Ray Allen was a monster that game.

Celtics are winning, and they probably will win the finals.

Black Hawk
05-03-2009, 03:57 AM
Celtics are winning, and they probably will win the finals.

Yeah they won. but...lolno.

Have you watched the Cavs this season? Have you seen the Celtics play at all? There's no way the beat the Cavs w/o KG. No. Way.

Teo
05-03-2009, 04:53 AM
Yeah they won. but...lolno.

Have you watched the Cavs this season? Have you seen the Celtics play at all? There's no way the beat the Cavs w/o KG. No. Way.

I'll definitely agree with this. Finals is going to be Lakers and Cavs. I see Cav's winning over the Celtics in 6 games.

Charizard Michelle
05-03-2009, 05:20 AM
I am going for The ROckets for as far as they go. Hope they can at least muster up three wins in the next round.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

Legendary Wolf
05-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Denver does seem to be very strong this season with Billups and Melo and everyone.

I hope the Magic win though.

Vengeance
05-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Boston Celtics all the way. They're gonna do the same as last year.

Black Hawk
05-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Denver does seem to be very strong this season with Billups and Melo and everyone.

I hope the Magic win though.

Yeah, the Mavs probably thought that too. I want Magic to win also D:

Boston Celtics all the way. They're gonna do the same as last year.

Idk if you've watched the regular season this year, but iirc the Cavs are in the playoffs.

Vaughn
05-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I want Mavs to face the Lakers in the Semis.

Vengeance
05-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the Mavs probably thought that too. I want Magic to win also D:

Idk if you've watched the regular season this year, but iirc the Cavs are in the playoffs.
I have. They sucked, but, they're doing good in the playoffs so far.

shucklerules
05-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I am defiantly going for the nuggets. Sadly it will probably be the lakers taking the west :(

Legendary Wolf
05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Nuggets took the fist game. They are looking good so far.

I wished the Heat had beat the Hawks.

Oh well. :[

Black Hawk
05-03-2009, 11:38 PM
I have. They sucked, but, they're doing good in the playoffs so far.

Apparently you have mixed up the Celtics and Cavs. The Celtics sucked, the Cavs dominated. The Celtics just happen to be doing good so far.

Dancing Mad
05-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Looks like my Nuggets are going to the Conference Finals! Thank you Chauncey!

Vaughn
05-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Looks like my Nuggets are going to the Conference Finals! Thank you Chauncey!

Don't forget Carmelo! :cool:

bleepbloop
05-04-2009, 08:35 AM
Hey apparantly the Celtics didn't have as much trouble playing the Bulls their second time around as their first. I mean heck, they didn't evan have to go into OT for that game ^^

Legendary Wolf
05-04-2009, 11:22 AM
Hey apparantly the Celtics didn't have as much trouble playing the Bulls their second time around as their first. I mean heck, they didn't evan have to go into OT for that game ^^

Lucky them.

It was still one of the bset series' ever.

Dancing Mad
05-05-2009, 02:28 AM
Don't forget Carmelo! :cool:

Yeah, but ever since the Nugs traded for Chauncey he has completely changed the whole mindset of the team. Melo is the best player on the team but Chauncey is the leader.

Legendary Wolf
05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Yeah, but ever since the Nugs traded for Chauncey he has completely changed the whole mindset of the team. Melo is the best player on the team but Chauncey is the leader.

They bothh work hard, which is a good thing for the team.

Game Over
05-07-2009, 08:07 PM
It would appear Cleveland has an easy chance to reach the NBA finals, but you never know. I hope Houston beats L.A., but I doubt that will happen, even though Houston did beat them in game 1. Lastly, good job to the Denver Nuggets, especially, because they have really suprised me during the postseason so far.

Vaughn
05-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Two players have just been suspended, lol. Fisher and Atsley, I guess. Fisher's flagrant foul was pretty funny.

scubasteveE
05-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Two players have just been suspended, lol. Fisher and Atsley, I guess. Fisher's flagrant foul was pretty funny.
I like his expression afterwards.......

That game two between LA and Houston was the B-E aggressive game. Two players were thrown out and one was dismissed by the coach. :o

Nitro
05-09-2009, 02:15 AM

Heh, gotta agree there. Either way, they'll knock Dallas' socks off.

It would appear Cleveland has an easy chance to reach the NBA finals, but you never know. I hope Houston beats L.A., but I doubt that will happen, even though Houston did beat them in game 1. Lastly, good job to the Denver Nuggets, especially, because they have really suprised me during the postseason so far.

Cleveland has had it easy - first Detroit, then Atlanta. It'll easily sweep past those noobs, but on Orlando (odds are they'll bypass the Kevin Garnett-less Celtics, but I hope not! D:), they might find themselves having trouble against Dwight Howard. Most of their recent points have been because of the failure defense of their opponents and fast breaks, so if Dwight Howard plays his defense well, they could lose. Still, I want the Cavs to win. ^_^

Legendary Wolf
05-09-2009, 03:33 PM
IMO, Fisher should be a football player instead of basketball after that hit... :X

Orlando won yesterday! Now they only need two more games!

Dr Scott
05-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Man, the Bulls/Celtics series was the best since GS/Mavs a few years back for me :P.

LOTS OF GOOD THINGS IN THE FUTURE FOR MY BULLS AND ROSE.

Teo
05-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Man, the Bulls/Celtics series was the best since GS/Mavs a few years back for me :P.

I do agree with this post! Bulls are looking too good! I just think it's messed up that they suspended Fisher but not Rondo for slapping Miller in the face or throwing Hinrich. Honestly, it's favoritism. :? Celtics should have lost that series so we'd be getting some Bulls on Orlando action!

Nitro
05-09-2009, 06:21 PM
IMO, Fisher should be a football player instead of basketball after that hit... :X

Orlando won yesterday! Now they only need two more games!

BOO BOO BOO BOO BOOOOOO!!! GO CELTICS.

Yeah, that was a good series. I loved all the overtimes and crap. Still, LA/Houston's better imo.

EDIT: Anyone watch the Dallas-Denver game? That was surprisingly intense compared to the other games in the series.

scubasteveE
05-10-2009, 03:40 AM
BOO BOO BOO BOO BOOOOOO!!! GO CELTICS.

Yeah, that was a good series. I loved all the overtimes and crap. Still, LA/Houston's better imo.

EDIT: Anyone watch the Dallas-Denver game? That was surprisingly intense compared to the other games in the series.
I don't know about LA/Houston being better. Yao is out for the rest of the playoffs with a hairline fracture. Though in game two, he didn't play, because of foul trouble, and the Rockets did ok, so meh.

No, I had to work (grrr work) But that was so awezome, I love it after Carmello made that shot.... silence. Take that LeBron!!!!!

(did I mention that the nuggets are my second favorite team. Birdman FTW)

Nitro
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I don't know about LA/Houston being better. Yao is out for the rest of the playoffs with a hairline fracture. Though in game two, he didn't play, because of foul trouble, and the Rockets did ok, so meh.

No, I had to work (grrr work) But that was so awezome, I love it after Carmello made that shot.... silence. Take that LeBron!!!!!

(did I mention that the nuggets are my second favorite team. Birdman FTW)
Denver's got a pretty good roster. Birdman, Carmelo, Billups, and some other guys who are all pretty decent. Still, the Cavs are the best team out there imo. They work really well together. :o

Legendary Wolf
05-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Cavs are on fire with their second 4-0 sweep.

Nitro
05-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Cavs are on fire with their second 4-0 sweep.
Hell yeah. ^_^

Do you guys think Dallas has a chance to overcome Denver and become the first team ever to return from a 3-0 deficit?

Legendary Wolf
05-12-2009, 11:37 PM
Hell yeah. ^_^

Do you guys think Dallas has a chance to overcome Denver and become the first team ever to return from a 3-0 deficit?

Not really. The Nuggets are a really strong team, I think they have it.

So, Rockets or Lakers?

Vaughn
05-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Not really. The Nuggets are a really strong team, I think they have it.

So, Rockets or Lakers?

I like Lakers better.

I think Dallas might win against Denver. Just a gut feeling.

Legendary Wolf
05-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I like Lakers better.

I think Dallas might win against Denver. Just a gut feeling.

Only if Birdman doesn't play again.

Me too. However, without Yao they have played pretty good.

karmachameleon
05-13-2009, 02:46 AM
Sucks that Boston won. I have been a Celtic hater ever since they got KG from the T-Wolves. I really like that the 5 best teams in the NBA IMO are still in the playoffs. I want either Kobe or Dwight to win it this year.

Legendary Wolf
05-13-2009, 11:23 AM
:[ Magic lost.

Now it's time to bounce back.

CrazyTrainer
05-13-2009, 09:42 PM
Cavs are going to sweep everyone there unstopable.

scubasteveE
05-15-2009, 04:53 AM
Well, Denver won their series. Does anyone know why Birdman didn't play in Game 4? I mean it, the only way Dirk played the way he did was because the Birdman wasn't there:[

And Houston and Orlando both bounce back in their game sixes. I thinking the champ game will be Denver vs. Cleveland. I know everyone wants to see the Kobe vs. LeBron match, but the nugs might just spoil their dream.

Legendary Wolf
05-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Well, Denver won their series. Does anyone know why Birdman didn't play in Game 4? I mean it, the only way Dirk played the way he did was because the Birdman wasn't there:[

And Houston and Orlando both bounce back in their game sixes. I thinking the champ game will be Denver vs. Cleveland. I know everyone wants to see the Kobe vs. LeBron match, but the nugs might just spoil their dream.

Apparently he had sort of food poisioning.

I hope it's Orlando vs. Denver. That'd be cool.

Nitro
05-16-2009, 12:51 AM

Yeah, it would be, but personally, I would enjoy Cavs - Dallas the most.

scubasteveE
05-16-2009, 12:54 AM

:o I bet someone tainted his food!!!

that would be an interesting match, no one would of seen that one coming.

Charizard Michelle
05-16-2009, 05:23 AM
da dada da da! Hey~

I so didn't watch the game last night but it is awesome that the Rockets are putting up such a great fight against the Lakers. The uber Lakers are being place into a corner against a lackluster Rockets. Now that is just awesome.

Go Rockets! Give the Lakers heck on Sunday! Win or lose, the Rockets are leaving as the cool people on the playground.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

Legendary Wolf
05-17-2009, 02:01 PM
:o I bet someone tainted his food!!!

that would be an interesting match, no one would of seen that one coming.

Or maybe he faked it. :X

I would love to see that match.

MaskedJackal
05-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I'd really like to see Cleveland win it. LeBron deserves it, and I'm tired of the Lakers and all their bandwagon fans/the media thinking they're the greatest team ever. Kobe is a bad teammate and can't win without Shaq.

scubasteveE
05-17-2009, 11:59 PM
I'd really like to see Cleveland win it. LeBron deserves it, and I'm tired of the Lakers and all their bandwagon fans/the media thinking they're the greatest team ever. Kobe is a bad teammate and can't win without Shaq.
Well Lakers are in the playoffs and the Suns aren't, so yeah.
Not like I'm a Lakers fan or anything....

Legendary Wolf
05-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Wooh, the Magic won!

Good luck against the Cavs though. :[

Vaughn
05-20-2009, 01:22 AM
I predict that Lakers will beat Denver in six games. 4-2 >.>

Nitro
05-20-2009, 01:40 AM

Agreed.

Wooh, the Magic won!

Good luck against the Cavs though. :[

Agreed. Cavs > Magic > Celtics

I predict that Lakers will beat Denver in six games. 4-2 >.>

Not agreed. DENVER WILL WIN THE GAME!

EDIT: Not related to the Playoffs, but the Clippers got Blake Griffin, the number 1 draft pick. What do you guys think?

scubasteveE
05-22-2009, 04:18 AM
Not agreed. DENVER WILL WIN THE GAME!

EDIT: Not related to the Playoffs, but the Clippers got Blake Griffin, the number 1 draft pick. What do you guys think?
Yes, agreed.

Glad he's out of the NCAA, also glad that Tyler Hangsworth(probably spelled wrong) is in the NBA too.

And back to Playoffs:
Western Conf. finals- Series tied 1-1. Denver has a good chance now, and the Lakers are not playing like the Lakers.

Eastern Conf. finals- Magic lead 1-0. OMG THE CAVS LOST

Dancing Mad
05-22-2009, 04:58 AM

Yeah and Lebron doesn't have any bandwagon fans/media love at all. They just say he is better than Kobe when he hasn't won jack squat.

The Clippers would be better off picking someone other than Blake Griffen. Sure he is a great physical player yet he has an IQ of 0. He won't make his teammates better the only way he scores is by overpowering weaker players.

CrazyTrainer
05-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Magic got lucky cavs are going to sweep the rest of the series.

Vaughn
05-22-2009, 08:19 PM
I want the Magic to win; I bet me and Legendary Wolf thinks that.

Legendary Wolf
05-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I want the Magic to win; I bet me and Legendary Wolf thinks that.

Dude, you're psychic.

I really hope the Magic win it. Hedo Turkoglu is gonna be a factor in this.

Cucumber
05-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Dude, you're psychic.

I really hope the Magic win it. Hedo Turkoglu is gonna be a factor in this.

Not only him, but Dwight needs to get his **** straight. With all the free throws he has missed in the games really could have brought us up, and the terrible defense isn't looking so good. I went to home game #6 against the Celtics and I was surprised we came back. Also we just lost last night, we just need to get Dwight's act together. Rashard Luis is really kicking ass also.

Nitro
05-23-2009, 06:30 PM
You guys all fail. :( Cavaliers will win the series, you understand? D:< Sasha Pavlovic did pretty well yesterday, it surprised me because he usually kind of sucks. ^_^;;

This year's Conference Finals' matchups are pretty great. They're both eventful, and usually end pretty close. I like them. :)

Cucumber
05-23-2009, 11:13 PM
You guys all fail. :( Cavaliers will win the series, you understand? D:< Sasha Pavlovic did pretty well yesterday, it surprised me because he usually kind of sucks. ^_^;;

This year's Conference Finals' matchups are pretty great. They're both eventful, and usually end pretty close. I like them. :)

Magic is my home team and they happen to be really good :P

Vaughn
05-23-2009, 11:29 PM
@ Legendary Wolf - I am psychic. :cool:

LeBron got lucky with his 3-point shot. >.>

Nitro
05-24-2009, 12:28 AM

They're good, but Cavs will end up winning. :P

@ Legendary Wolf - I am psychic. :cool:

LeBron got lucky with his 3-point shot. >.>

Luck is an excuse for skill you don't wish to acknowledge.

Black Hawk
05-24-2009, 12:55 AM

OMG they're my home team too! :D

Cucumber
05-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Wow the latest game pissed me off......
Lebran just HAD to score that 3 pointer........
Hopefully tonight's game will be better :D

Vaughn
05-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Denver came really close yesterday on beating the Lakers.

Nitro
05-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Denver came really close yesterday on beating the Lakers.
I know, it pissed me off. :|

Vaughn
05-24-2009, 11:13 PM
The point that changed the ending of the game was Kobe's 3-point shot, I believe.

Cucumber
05-25-2009, 01:23 AM
Currently watching tonight's Magic game. Luis has some sick pump-fakes and is crazy at those 3 pointers :cool:

Nitro
05-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Currently watching tonight's Magic game. Luis has some sick pump-fakes and is crazy at those 3 pointers :cool:
I'm watching it too. The Cavs are my favourite team, so seeing them lose for the first time in the playoffs (I didn't watch the first Cavs-Magic game) is making me feel absolutely awful.

Cucumber
05-25-2009, 03:44 AM
I'm watching it too. The Cavs are my favourite team, so seeing them lose for the first time in the playoffs (I didn't watch the first Cavs-Magic game) is making me feel absolutely awful.

Magic won by 10 points.

Yay.

Vaughn
05-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Magic's going all the way!

scubasteveE
05-26-2009, 06:13 AM
Woooo, Denver even the series 2-2. This series is going to seven games unless one team just flubs up.

The Magic looks like a totally different team.

Cucumber
05-26-2009, 09:54 PM
Woooo, Denver even the series 2-2. This series is going to seven games unless one team just flubs up.

The Magic looks like a totally different team.

They have gotten so much better. Next game is home and is on tonight. Dwight is looking pretty solid ^__^. Luis is making all his shot as well and Turkeglu or whatever his name is has been doing great also.

Vaughn
05-26-2009, 11:26 PM
They have gotten so much better. Next game is home and is on tonight. Dwight is looking pretty solid ^__^. Luis is making all his shot as well and Turkeglu or whatever his name is has been doing great also.

I'm going to watch it tonight, fo sho. Well, not in the actual game, but in my house. Keeps your fingers crossed!

Cucumber
05-27-2009, 03:30 AM
This game is so suspenseful ;-;

scubasteveE
05-27-2009, 03:54 AM
Great game Magic won 114-116. But gosh, I was on this chat while watching it, and I have came to the conclusion that some Magic fan are idiots (not anyone here, on the chat, just to make that clear) They were just saying all this smack and were being terrible rude. I really dislike fans that are like that. I will laugh my a$$ off if Cleveland comes back and wins this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Cavs fan, they were just my pick to win, like most other people's.

Vaughn
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Is it true that Mo Williams got elbowed and needed stitches? My dad told me that three days ago, and I thought he was joking.

Cucumber
05-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Well Magic is up 3-1 right now and if I remember correctly Dwight got 6 technical fouls which means he can't play the next game. I'm not retarded ;-;

Legendary Wolf
05-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Well Magic is up 3-1 right now and if I remember correctly Dwight got 6 technical fouls which means he can't play the next game. I'm not retarded ;-;

You need seven technicals for a suspension and now he only has five.

scubasteveE
05-31-2009, 04:45 AM
Finals: Lakers vs. Magic

I was sadden when I found out that Denver had lost. But that had really good season, they were a contender, and they put up a good fight against the lakers. So I'm very happy with the season they had.

On the other hand, I don't know if the planets became align or the Magic actually used "magic", but I was surprised that they won it. Maybe the Cavs had to much rest or that they went in there thinking they can 4-0 them like the other teams, but yeah, they had some sort of a meltdown.

Legendary Wolf
05-31-2009, 01:32 PM
The Magic are heading to the Finals!!!!

Can't wait to see them play the Lakers.

Vaughn
05-31-2009, 02:22 PM
In the third quarter of the Cavs-Magic game last night, it was a three-point festival. Wow.

Legendary Wolf
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
You should of been at the game. It was so loud in there after every three pointer.

R Z L
06-04-2009, 12:44 AM
So who do you guys think who is going to win?

karmachameleon
06-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Althogh a Lebron-Kobe finals would have been pretty cool and also very good for NBA's popularity and jersey sales, I am happy that the Magic made it.

ashketchum
06-09-2009, 11:45 PM
My Los Angeles Lakers are going to probably when in six if not five games. Depends on who wins tonight... I thought that the Cavs would beat the Magic, but I was surpised. I figured that it would at least go to seven games. That was somewhat of a disappointment. I'd rather have my team play the Magic anyway, but I just wanted Kobe to face Lebron so the rumors about Lebron being better than Kobe would stop. Even Magic Johnson said that Kobe was the most dominant player in the NBA and then went on to say he was the best in the world. Or at least that has been seen to play on television.

scubasteveE
06-10-2009, 04:56 AM
My Los Angeles Lakers are going to probably when in six if not five games. Depends on who wins tonight... I thought that the Cavs would beat the Magic, but I was surpised. I figured that it would at least go to seven games. That was somewhat of a disappointment. I'd rather have my team play the Magic anyway, but I just wanted Kobe to face Lebron so the rumors about Lebron being better than Kobe would stop. Even Magic Johnson said that Kobe was the most dominant player in the NBA and then went on to say he was the best in the world. Or at least that has been seen to play on television.
The should just have a 1 on 1 game between Kobe and LeBron to see who is better.

Well the Magic came back and won game 3, so it's 2-1 lakers. Been a good series so far. But really, kobe sucked in game 3, missing all those freethrows.......

ashketchum
06-10-2009, 09:25 PM
The should just have a 1 on 1 game between Kobe and LeBron to see who is better.

Well the Magic came back and won game 3, so it's 2-1 lakers. Been a good series so far. But really, kobe sucked in game 3, missing all those freethrows.......

Just because he missed free throws doesn't mean he sucked. He isn't Lebron. Kobe was great in Game 3. Plus, he hits harder shots than Lebron. Not to mention, when the Cavs play the Lakers, more Cavs players have to help Lebron check Kobe than the Lakers have to help Kobe check Lebron. I'd say that Lebron could be a little better on defense sometimes, but Kobe is the definitely the better offensive player.

Vaughn
06-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Though I'm not much of a fan of the Lakers, I have a strong belief that they will take the Championship Title this year. If for some amazing miracle happens, like the Magic will win the next game, then, I will root for the Magic.

But right now, Lakers.

MaskedJackal
06-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Wow, Kobe Bryant elbows a guy in the face and there's no call. Then Derek Fisher hits a wide-open three. Nobody could guard him of course, because the guy was on the floor clutching his face.

That was definitely one of the worst no-calls I've ever seen. I could care less what happens now; the Magic have been cheated.

Vaughn
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I saw that part on CNN this morning. That was some...bs. Oh well, Lakers going to win Finals.

ashketchum
06-12-2009, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't say the Magic have gotten cheated. If you want to say anyone was getting cheated, the Lakers were the whole first half. The calls the Referees made were terrible.

I'm not saying that elbow shouldn't have been called, but at the same time Kobe was already lifting his arm and then Nelson got right there.

It doesn't matter now though... I have my Lakers winning Game 6, but I don't mind them winning a game early on Sunday.

I think that Pietrus should get suspended, but at the same time I want the Lakers to win the Finals by beating the Magic at full strength and not with a missing player.

He shouldn't be able to enter the game for the first half or something though for his flagrant foul.

MaskedJackal
06-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I wouldn't say the Magic have gotten cheated. If you want to say anyone was getting cheated, the Lakers were the whole first half. The calls the Referees made were terrible.

I'm not saying that elbow shouldn't have been called, but at the same time Kobe was already lifting his arm and then Nelson got right there.

It doesn't matter now though... I have my Lakers winning Game 6, but I don't mind them winning a game early on Sunday.

I think that Pietrus should get suspended, but at the same time I want the Lakers to win the Finals by beating the Magic at full strength and not with a missing player.

He shouldn't be able to enter the game for the first half or something though for his flagrant foul.

An elbow to the face is a foul. In college, it's a flagrant foul and the layer who threw the elbow gets ejected. I don't know if the NBA has the same rules, but an elbow to the face is still a foul.

How were the Magic not cheated? The no-call resulted in a three point dagger from Fisher. I thought this was going to be a great series, but after that, I've stopped caring. The Lakers will probably win now, but in my mind, there will always be an asterisk next to this series.

Haze
06-12-2009, 07:28 PM

Gasol shouldn't even be shooting the ball there. Just hold it and take the win.

Not like Kobe Bryant has ever thrown elbows before amirite?

ashketchum
06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Gasol shouldn't even be shooting the ball there. Just hold it and take the win.

Not like Kobe Bryant has ever thrown elbows before amirite?

That doesn't make it alright for Pietrus to do a "Trytoinjurehim" push.

scubasteveE
06-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Man really the NBA should look at the referees next for next season because my god, this season especially the playoffs, has been the worse refereed season I've have watch. It has been so inconsistent. It would be at least make sense if the fould were consistently bad or consistently good, but they haven't. Lakers were terrorized with bad calls in the 1st half, and the Magic had a "stealth dagger" to the heart by that no call (which should have been a flagrant 2)

Pietrus shouldn't of done that to Gasol at the end, but Gasol shouldn't of dunked it. I can understand why Pietrus done that cause he was upset about losing the game, but still he shouldn't of done it. That dunk showed very bad sportsmanship and I have lost some respect for Gasol for doing that.

I've literally lost my entire interest in this series because that game just totally disgusted me with all the bad, wrong, and no calls.

MaskedJackal
06-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Man really the NBA should look at the referees next for next season because my god, this season especially the playoffs, has been the worse refereed season I've have watch. It has been so inconsistent. It would be at least make sense if the fould were consistently bad or consistently good, but they haven't. Lakers were terrorized with bad calls in the 1st half, and the Magic had a "stealth dagger" to the heart by that no call (which should have been a flagrant 2)

Pietrus shouldn't of done that to Gasol at the end, but Gasol shouldn't of dunked it. I can understand why Pietrus done that cause he was upset about losing the game, but still he shouldn't of done it. That dunk showed very bad sportsmanship and I have lost some respect for Gasol for doing that.

I've literally lost my entire interest in this series because that game just totally disgusted me with all the bad, wrong, and no calls.

Same. The officiating has been disgusting. Anyone who doesn't think that no-call at the end of game 4 determined the outcome is a homer. Plain and simple.

I too have lost all interest in this series. Games where the referees determine the outcome aren't worth watching at all.

ashketchum
06-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I agree about the officiating this whole year. It hasn't been a good year for Refs. But, at least they don't make straight bad calls.

I think it was fair that they didn't call Kobe's elbow. Dwight has hit people with his elbow this whole season and in the Playoffs. All of his elbows haven't been called on. So, I didn't really think too much about it.

I just think Pietrus is a dirty player and sore loser. He proved that to me at the end of the game. Some say that Gasol shouldn't have dunked, are you saying he should have laid the ball up? Maybe you say he should have held it. The game was still going. When Ariza had the ball someone was all in front of him; daring him to shoot. He passed it to Gasol so that he could score. He would have got hit by Pietrus regardless. He was trying to injure Gasol. It was intentional.

MaskedJackal
06-13-2009, 07:31 PM
I agree about the officiating this whole year. It hasn't been a good year for Refs. But, at least they don't make straight bad calls.

I think it was fair that they didn't call Kobe's elbow. Dwight has hit people with his elbow this whole season and in the Playoffs. All of his elbows haven't been called on. So, I didn't really think too much about it.

I just think Pietrus is a dirty player and sore loser. He proved that to me at the end of the game. Some say that Gasol shouldn't have dunked, are you saying he should have laid the ball up? Maybe you say he should have held it. The game was still going. When Ariza had the ball someone was all in front of him; daring him to shoot. He passed it to Gasol so that he could score. He would have got hit by Pietrus regardless. He was trying to injure Gasol. It was intentional.

Are you sure he elbowed numerous players in the face like that?

Yes, Gasol should have laid it up. I think what Pietrus did was justified by Gasol's arrogance.

ashketchum
06-13-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't really see the big difference. Whether you do a lay-up or dunk, that's still two points regardless. Pietrus wasn't justified by anything. He was just mad because he lost. I don't want him suspended though.

And yes, Dwight Howard elbowed people in the face, the stomach, the side all this year. They weren't all called against him. I think the Lakers would have won anyway. The Magic were shooting anything up at the end of the game, hoping it went in.

MaskedJackal
06-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I don't really see the big difference. Whether you do a lay-up or dunk, that's still two points regardless. Pietrus wasn't justified by anything. He was just mad because he lost. I don't want him suspended though.

And yes, Dwight Howard elbowed people in the face, the stomach, the side all this year. They weren't all called against him. I think the Lakers would have won anyway. The Magic were shooting anything up at the end of the game, hoping it went in.

What Howard did shouldn't matter. Hell, I don't even like the Magic (unbiased Pistons fan here). All I know is that an elbow to someone's chin is a foul.

scubasteveE
06-14-2009, 05:09 AM

But it was right in front of the refrees and I've seen them call it before. When someone hit's the floor like that, they have to call it.

Also, to me it looked intentional.

No, Gasol should of just held it because the game was pretty much over and took the foul from Peitrus, even if the foul was intentional. Those two points would of made no difference, it was like shooting an already dead body.

Edit: It also doesn't make you a dirty player if your passionate about the game. He was just mad and I bet, when Gasol went up for the dunk, that probably made him more angry. And I'm betting he regrets it too.

Edit2: What do y'all think about Phil Jackson getting fined 25,000 by the NBA for criticizing the refereeing in the first half? I guess freedom of speech doesn't count in the NBA

Diesel 34
06-16-2009, 08:33 AM
But it was right in front of the refrees and I've seen them call it before. When someone hit's the floor like that, they have to call it.

Also, to me it looked intentional.

No, Gasol should of just held it because the game was pretty much over and took the foul from Peitrus, even if the foul was intentional. Those two points would of made no difference, it was like shooting an already dead body.

Edit: It also doesn't make you a dirty player if your passionate about the game. He was just mad and I bet, when Gasol went up for the dunk, that probably made him more angry. And I'm betting he regrets it too.

Edit2: What do y'all think about Phil Jackson getting fined 25,000 by the NBA for criticizing the refereeing in the first half? I guess freedom of speech doesn't count in the NBA

I gotta laugh at it. They fine Phil Jackson for criticizing the refs when it's not like he's the only one doing it. I've read quite a few articles on the internet where there talking about how some of the best refs have gone missing from the playoffs. Look, swearing at them and just calling them plain out bad when it's not true is one thing. But given the terms we were looking at Phil just had to say what was obvious to us, but doesn't seem to be obvious with David Stern. Stern seems to think that anyone criticizing the league for being bad should be fined because he and his high up friends look like they screwed up. If your going to find Phil what he did you need to fine other people Lebron for not even talking to the media after their game 5 lost. After all, If your going to punish Phil for doing what he's supposed to do and talking about the game then you need to punish Lebron since he was to rude to say anything. It just doesn't make sense to me how David Stern and other people think about this stuff.

Teo
06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
Anybody that has to do with the NBA as a whole get's fined 25k if they bad mouth the reffing. That's why Van Gundy told the reporters to write about the bad reffing because they can't get fined.

Now I know I didn't get to see much of the series since I was working when ever the games would come on but when Nelson got elbowed in the face it was partially his own fault for running up to try and trap Kobe. It does look as if it was an accident but if you watch it carefully it does look like Nelson flopped after he was hit, because he stopped for a moment then fell backwards and grabbed his face. Which is probably a reason why it wasn't called. Another reason why it wasn't called was because it was in the act of passing and the call could have really gone either way with a defensive foul or an offensive foul. Which is probably why they let it go.

On top of that, Nelson shouldn't have even been on the court at all. If the Magic wanted to win. they would have gone with Alston the entire time. Due to the fact he helped carry them through out the entire playoffs at the end of the day it wasn't the fact that the reffing was bad, it was the fact that Van Gundy made poor decisions as a coach. Honestly, talking Alston out of the game when he was hot only to put in Nelson who hasn't seen ANY playing time in the playoffs and has been out since what, January? Stupid stupid decision.

The Magic defeated themselves. When you live by the three you die by the three. Howard barely has any presence in the paint offensively. In the future he will become a great player but honestly, the Magic never had a team that was ready to win a championship. No one in the East really had a team for that matter.

Anyways, the fact is that in the playoffs the reffs let a lot more things go usually. Compared to the past, the fouls we see today aren't anything really.

Legendary Wolf
07-14-2009, 01:03 AM
What are the best offseason moves so far?

I think that Hedo leaving was sad but Vince is cool so...

Shaq to Cleveland wasn't that interesting since he's so old now.

I know there's alot more...

Dr Scott
07-15-2009, 07:30 PM
The BEST move was probably Sheed to the Celtics, because they didn't really lose that much and they gained a star. Same thing with Artest going to the Lakers, it just makes them even better, and they basically trading Ariza for him.

Legendary Wolf
07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
The BEST move was probably Sheed to the Celtics, because they didn't really lose that much and they gained a star. Same thing with Artest going to the Lakers, it just makes them even better, and they basically trading Ariza for him.

The East Conference is going to be a beast now.

I found the Artest/Ariza thing funny. I wish them both the best on their new teams.

Sean
07-20-2009, 04:12 AM
Wallace is going to be 35 by next season and he's not getting any better.

Not seeing how it's a great move. He's also a huge technical foul machine. Good pickup, but not great.

Vince Carter hasn't cared enough to actually try. The man even admitted to not trying in his Toronto days and he's supposed to make the Magic better? Losing Hedo is outweighs gaining Carter.

The Shaq or Artest trade is easily the best trades in the league. With Artest, the Lakers gain one of the best perimeter defenders in the league and an absolutely pest on the defensive end. Pair him up with Kobe and you have an extremely well defensive duo to go along with the already brilliant defensive squad in the Lakers coached by Jackson.

Shaq was a key acquisition by the Cavs. He's obviously not getting worse (as opposed to Sheed), evident by his selection to the All-NBA 3rd team. Not only that, but Shaq is such an underrated passer. Seeing him pick apart defenses by drawing a double team and firing off a rocket to his open teammate is just brilliant. Not to mention that Mike Brown is one of, if not, the best defensive coach in the league. By bringing Shaq in, that's more incentive to get LeBron to stay, considering that they are friends. Now they have a big man to match up with Howard in the East.