PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan to get the DSi?

Broderick
05-07-2009, 12:04 AM
No, this NOT really another one of those polls, don't worry. The real question:
Which would you say is the best DS system?
1st Generation DS
DS Lite
DSi

I prefer the 1st. Gen. DS myself, seeing as its very durable, and has all the features of the DSLite. DSi... lacks a GBA slot. The new features don't faze me much as a consumer.

Soda
05-07-2009, 12:27 AM
I believe the DS Lite is the best because it is smaller, more condensed then the old DS while still maintaining the same features as the First DS, and has a GBA slot while the DSi doesn't.

Some people don't care that there is no GBA slot so the DSi is probably the best for them with it's other features.

Broderick
05-07-2009, 12:31 AM
I believe the DS Lite is the best because it is smaller, more condensed then the old DS while still maintaining the same features as the First DS, and has a GBA slot while the DSi doesn't.

Some people don't care that there is no GBA slot so the DSi is probably the best for them with it's other features.

I acually think the DSLite is the worst, because I own a DS, and a DS Lite. The hinge on the DS lite broke after 3 monts (1 time dropping it, where my other DS has been dropped countless times), and the L button no longer works. It just stopped working. I got the DSLite 1 year ago, and My DS 4 1/2 years ago. The DS is in better condition. XD

Black Hawk
05-07-2009, 12:34 AM
My loyal 1st gen DS is always by my gaming side.

Yoda55
05-07-2009, 12:35 AM
DS Lite. I never tried the DSi before though.

Ranma
05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
DSLite.

DSi sucks, and the original DS is too bulky imo. I just hate how dirty the DSlites get...

spartan117
05-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Original DS. It was win. DSi is fail.

George Jefferson
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
This thread has TOTALLY never been done before.

Ajarr
05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Well I just bought the DSi and it's better than you think, but I'm not going into detail so you'll all have to buy it to see the features. I will say that it is bright than the Lite. However I like both Lite and DSi, but I could only vote for one so I chose DSi.

George Jefferson
05-07-2009, 05:54 AM
Really, discussing on which generation has NEVER been done before.

And to note, I can not find a poll fast enough which people complain Generation A is better than Generation C and D.

Gokudera-Kun
05-07-2009, 06:10 AM
I agree with those who believe the original is better. All the DS Lite had going for it was that it was smaller and it got those accessories. DSi is just awful, no GBA slot? How can I getz my Pokeymanz from my R00bee 2 mah DS nao? And come on, a camera, big deal, what's Nintendo's new revolutionary idea thats never been made portable? Omg, are they going to make a DSiphone that like lets you call your buddies? Im not giving Nintendo w/e DSi costs - w/e I get for trading in my Original DS. DS was a new thing for handhelds. DSlite was a re-make of DS with "brand new feachaz". The DSi is just a sad attempt of trying to get 12-year old boys and 15-year old girls(who are really 65-year old men) to start DSexing.

Void
05-07-2009, 12:00 PM
DS Lite. I had my DS Lite for a year before it got stolen, and there was never any problem with it. The buttons all worked perfectly, and the hinges were just fine. But I guess that may be because I never drop my DS.

Graceful_Suicune
05-07-2009, 12:45 PM
DS Lite = pwn. Only annoying thing is that the GBA games stick out.

DSi = lame because it has no GBA slot.

DS = lame because it's bulky and ugly, the stylus is in an awkward place, the power button is in a stupid place, and the screen is dim.

~Xanthe.

Void
05-07-2009, 04:19 PM
DS Lite = pwn. Only annoying thing is that the GBA games stick out.

DSi = lame because it has no GBA slot.

DS = lame because it's bulky and ugly, the stylus is in an awkward place, the power button is in a stupid place, and the screen is dim.

~Xanthe.

I agree, DSi = lame because it has no GBA slot. Why ax the GBA slot just to put lots of other unnecessary features?

Broderick
05-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Really, discussing on which generation has NEVER been done before.

And to note, I can not find a poll fast enough which people complain Generation A is better than Generation C and D.

I looked at the last 5 pages of the Mixed: Voting Polls forum, and didn't see a topic about this.
I'm sorry I've poisoned the voting polls section. :rolleyes:

Leki Fenrir
05-07-2009, 05:27 PM
I enjoy my DS Lite. It's brighter, and can fit in my pocket much easier then my first DS.
Plus, it's a pretty color.

Vaughn
05-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I got it already. >.>
Anyways, it's cool!

Broderick
05-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I got it already. >.>
Anyways, it's cool!

Lol, did you acually read the first post? That's not the acual question. :p

Gastlygoo
05-07-2009, 07:51 PM
DSi ftw.
I got it last weekend and ever since it's been awesome. I don't really care if there is no GBA slot.

I hade a DS Lite for 2 years and it broke on me about 5 months ago.

Don't get me talking a buyt the Original... it just sucks

TeirusuFX
05-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Lite

Better than the DSi, which is not even as great as the DS

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
05-09-2009, 05:25 AM
DS Lite. A DSi has no GBA slot, and a DS is OLD.

I really wish we could have all the good things in one DS. As small as the DS Lite, as durable as the first DS and with the features of the DSi.

atucker22
05-09-2009, 10:57 AM
DS Lite is the best cause it's the one I have

Starkipraggy
05-09-2009, 11:04 AM
DSLite. First-gen requires you to get an extra cable to get on Wi-Fi. DSLite has what First-Gen has and WiFi and waaayyyy more accessories (<3 Accessories). Only thing that sucks for it is GBA games sticking out and being a lot more fragile than the original.

DSi is a bucket of fail. An R4 does everything the DSi does AND THEN SOME.

EDIT: Except the camera, but that thing is worse than your phone's camera, don't bother.

Professor Geoffrey
05-09-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll vote once the DSi is in my hands.

But so far, the DS Lite. I may end up voting for it, since it has the GBA slot and the DSi doesn't. But then there's DSi Ware...

Nitro
05-10-2009, 02:39 AM
DS Lite pwns because it looks sleeker and sexier than 1st. gen DS, but has the uberness of being able to play those older games.

Gold Rush
05-10-2009, 10:31 AM
DS Lite, DSi is just really lame, why do you need a crappy camera?

Yamirami
06-02-2009, 09:28 PM
DSi is the best cuz it's got a camera and other crap. Well that's just what my classmates said. Anyways I never had an original DS so I have no opinion about it. I perfer DS Lite, and since I still use my Emerald CONSANTLY, when I heard no GBA slot I lost interest in the DSi.It's just a sad attempt to make a system do everything, like the iPhone or whatever. But really the best is GBA, because there's NO LIGHT, you need light, but if there's too much you can't see, if there's too little you can't see. And the screen gets scratched easily. :tongue:
Heh heh heh...

Poltergeist
06-02-2009, 10:05 PM
I am thinking of getting one since some of the DSi ware games coming out sound cool, and I don't technically own one of my own.

GreenRampage
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
I like the DS the best since that's the only one I have. I suppose the DS Lite is probably the best though. My DS's hinge did break though after my mom threw it at a wall. Its the only reason i'm considering the DSi. oh and the gameboy pocket is the best gameboy ever since it just is.

The Burmy
06-03-2009, 12:57 AM
DSi is the best DS system there is. Sure, it is nice to have the Lite with the GBA slot and all, but you gotta admit that all the new features of the DSi is better. Taking photos, Shop Channel, MP3 player, the DSi beats all. Keep an extra Lite with you just in case you want to play the ol' GBA games.

scubasteveE
06-03-2009, 01:41 AM
Man I hate it when people dis the DSi just because it doesn't have a GBA slot. It's old, they don't make games for the advance anymore, and it makes perfect sense to take it out. Saying that's lame because of no GBA slot is just dumb. Really the DSi is better, you might like the Lite or the original better, but DSi just owns.

Also, the DS is just poo compared to the other two. It's uglier then the Gameboy. xP

We might think there dumb but Nintendo is really smart. DS Lite and the DSi was made for certain people, and it was just a brilliant idea to that.

Operative
06-03-2009, 02:03 AM
I prefer the more featured DSi, but if you're talking about design, size and being able to use the GBA slot. Then The DS Lite.

Alienshroom
06-03-2009, 02:09 AM
First off. The best system is the DSi. How is it not? More RAM, better UI, anyone saying its not dont have one. Is it worth the price hell no, but it is the best. I got one and i regret it, mostly for the fact that they banned the AR from it. Everyone hacks (pokesavs) there pokemon. Im not going to sit there for hours and train a pokemon if everyone is just going to hack theres. And the DSi Ware comeing up for it looks horrible.

Elite luxray
06-03-2009, 06:57 PM
I say the DS.

It's more durable, has longer battery life, and the GBA games don't stick out all awkwardly. The only improvement over the DS on the DSlite is the brighter screen.

And that isn't really anything major. It's already got enough light to see. You don't need a fog light-lit screen.

Plus, it's easier to play in secret because the buttons don't make as much noise.

EmpoleonMarioFan10
06-05-2009, 02:56 AM
I liked the 1st generation DS.