PDA

View Full Version : So, PE2k

Nirvash
05-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Does anybody here actually know anything about computers besides facebook and myspace generic crap? Has anybody bothered to learn anything about HTML? CSS? Or even the ever so flexible Python? Has anybody managed to do anything about computer problems besides ask other people to do it for them?

I'm just wondering, because this section seems to be dead and you people seem to know absolutely nothing, save a few people.

Hoshika
05-07-2009, 03:24 AM
VISTA IS DA BEST! :V no

Neo Emolga
05-07-2009, 03:30 AM
I know a little Java, VB, and HTML. I haven't used them in a long time, and I would definitely need a refresher though.

Lord Celebi
05-07-2009, 03:35 AM
I know HTML and Wiki Language. I could probably figure out CSS too.

Nirvash
05-07-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm glad that some people have bothered to learn markup languages, but has anybody learned something more useful? I saw Neo learned some Java and VB. Anybody else?

How about hardware? :p

Josh
05-07-2009, 06:06 AM
I know about hardware and Windows, and can assist people... but no one ever asks anything these days, anyway.

George Jefferson
05-07-2009, 06:08 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/killjojo/1232696114115.png

I know a little bit about Visual Basic.

Josh
05-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Also, I know a fair bit of VB6 and basic syntax for C++. :P

Void
05-07-2009, 02:42 PM
omg i kno css y'know counter-strike source

Ayotui
05-07-2009, 02:48 PM
nope i don,t know anything about computers. except the basics

Vaughn
05-07-2009, 09:46 PM
I thought HTML, at first, was an abbreviation of HotMail. But then, I learned about it in Tech Class, and HTML stands for HyperText Markup Language.

TeirusuFX
05-07-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm currently in Software Apps

I'll eventually get to C++, but as of now, I know primarly basic stuff as in...

Defragmenting the hardrive, some Control Panel applications

I know a few other stuff, I just don't know their specific names though

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Daughter of Mew
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
I know CSS and HTML, and am learning PHP.

Yoda55
05-07-2009, 10:05 PM
I fixed my wifi a few times. Does that count?

DaRkUmBrEoN
05-07-2009, 10:23 PM
I know or once knew:
Java, C++, HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, VB.

I assembled the desktop I'm using now, and I know a few tricks to kick start most computer issues, aside from the old 'hit it' trick.

Charizard Michelle
05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
I know Vb (Visual Basic), HTML, XHTML, CSS, some SQL some PHP and some basic Java Script. Most of the stuff I am rusty on but I know all the basics for those things. They are a pain to learn except for the HTML and web related stuff since I like that stuff but the rest is painful. haha

Still I need to refresh myself on the HTML and web related stuff before June. Hoping to get a site up soon.

Chips, Syrup, Whip~

Bumblebee16
05-07-2009, 11:05 PM
I know Javascript and HTML and soon C++ when I start aking the class this summer.

Splishee
05-09-2009, 09:32 AM
I fixed my wifi a few times. Does that count?

I'm with you, dude.

Personally, I don't see the point of knowing all that computer junk unless you are actually going to use them in earnest. I've never felt a need to create my own website, or hack a computer, or fix up computer problems, so naturally I've never bothered to learn any of the complex computer stuff. Everything I know about computers is a result of me picking up various tidbits of information as I use them more and more.

BTW: To people saying they have 'learnt' HTML, I really don't think that counts. If you've ever used Myspace or whatever, it's really simple to pick up on how to work things. Or look at page sources... xD

IceRocket
05-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I know HTML, CSS, JAVA and a veeery little bit of VB.
I would like to get better at all of those since I am also learning them, but if anyone asked me for help I would give it to them.

DaRkUmBrEoN
05-09-2009, 01:05 PM
BTW: To people saying they have 'learnt' HTML, I really don't think that counts. If you've ever used Myspace or whatever, it's really simple to pick up on how to work things. Or look at page sources... xD

I disagree...
Back in the day, there was no Myspace, HTML didn't make a lot of sense until 2005 or so when the new standards were set. So yea, HTML counts if you learned it like before 2004ish.

Stubby Boardman
05-09-2009, 02:52 PM
I took some programming classes in high school. I know a little html, visual basics, and c++

Splishee
05-09-2009, 04:29 PM
I disagree...
Back in the day, there was no Myspace, HTML didn't make a lot of sense until 2005 or so when the new standards were set. So yea, HTML counts if you learned it like before 2004ish.

Most people weren't around when the dinosaurs roamed.

:P

Josh
05-10-2009, 06:23 AM
I know or once knew:
Java, C++, HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, VB.

I assembled the desktop I'm using now, and I know a few tricks to kick start most computer issues, aside from the old 'hit it' trick.
So basically the people "qualified" in the following areas comes down to:

Hardware:
Josh
DaRkUmBrEoN

Programming:
Josh
Neo Pikachu
Kenneth Hardy
TeirusuFX
DaRkUmBrEoN
Ryoma495
IceRocket
Charizard Michelle

Web design:
Lord Celebi
Daughter of Mew
DaRkUmBrEoN
Charizard Michelle
bumblebee16

Babii Pikachu
05-10-2009, 09:40 AM
HTML, CSS, some PHP, some Java and MySQL and things like that :)

http://koozi.jenviousity.com

that sort of explains -_-

Nirvash
05-10-2009, 06:55 PM
So basically the people "qualified" in the following areas comes down to:

Hardware:
Josh
DaRkUmBrEoN

Programming:
Josh
Neo Pikachu
Kenneth Hardy
TeirusuFX
DaRkUmBrEoN
Ryoma495
IceRocket
Charizard Michelle

Web design:
Lord Celebi
Daughter of Mew
DaRkUmBrEoN
Charizard Michelle
bumblebee16

hurr hurr there's a reason I made this thread hurr hurr.

I know HTML, CSS, Python, a good amount of SQL, some VB, and maybe a bit of C++. I'm more of a hardware person too. Not just "build a computer easy stuff", but I can do other things too. And yes, I did build my computer. :p

Assaundrell Yumerai
05-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Well, I:m not that good at HTML but I like downloads(^^)

Alonso
05-21-2009, 01:18 AM
I know some HTML, not so much as to make a website.

I don't know a lot about hardware. I've opened up my computer to clean the fans from dust and folded some IDE ribbons so it looks less clogged up. That's pretty much it.

I don't use Myspace because I deleted my account. I have a facebook account but like use it once a month. I'm gonna delete it.

Dariganno
05-21-2009, 04:36 AM
I have a facebook account that I don't use, I used it in college to keep up with assignments.

I built my old PC, but it only lasted three years before it caved in but that was mostly because of bad parts not bad building *ahem*

& I used to make a bit of cash coding websites (Only with HTML/CSS stuff from a bunch of templates I made and edited) and teaching people how to use the basic Office package after I got my vocational course degree in ICT.

Note: Not a full degree, it was just a college thing.

Sakuya_Izayoi
05-30-2009, 07:51 PM
I can tell you about the BSOD and its counterparts. Will that help?:biggrin:

Cookie Monsta
05-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Im thinking about learning to code properly, really want to know php, advanced javascript, C++, CSS, XML and Cold Fusion

Sight of the Stars
05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Neopets runs on HTML format, so yeah, I've gotta know it. Not much, I know, but I'm only eleven. You gotta give meh some credit. xD

Cookie Monsta
05-30-2009, 10:11 PM
^I learnt basic HTML at 10, nothing special there. xD

Sight of the Stars
05-30-2009, 11:31 PM
^I learnt basic HTML at 10, nothing special there. xD

Lol, key is word basic.

Cookie Monsta
05-30-2009, 11:34 PM
Key sentence is 'nothing special' ;)

Nirvash
05-31-2009, 12:56 AM
Anybody who played neopets learned basic HTML. He's right, nothing special.

Sight of the Stars
05-31-2009, 03:22 AM
Anybody who played neopets learned basic HTML. He's right, nothing special.

Well, not all people know how change their lookups and homepages, so you're incorrect as far as that goes. ;]

Nirvash
05-31-2009, 04:25 AM
Well, not all people know how change their lookups and homepages, so you're incorrect as far as that goes. ;]

Oh! You're refering to the technologically illiterate. And HTML has nothing to do with those. It's just a lot of people know basic HTML because it's used in Facebook notes, Myspace profiles, and Neopets. Think about it. A good majority of teens and kids have used these sites. :/

scubasteveE
05-31-2009, 06:06 AM
Yeah I don't know crap about the hardware stuff, but I know a thing or two in HTML. I also know some things about XML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, Javascript, and very little about Java Programming(I hate it).
Soon I'll be taking a class on Server Side Scripting.

Disruption
05-31-2009, 09:03 PM
Currently still learning C but have some experience.
(Love it)

Cookie Monsta
05-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Currently still learning C but have some experience.
(Love it)
Whats C? never heard of that O_o, unless you mean C++?

GreenRampage
05-31-2009, 09:30 PM
c++ is a like an update of C iirc.

I took a year long course on C and C++. I got to the point of being able to make a working calculator on my computer, and then since then I haven't touched it

Sakuya_Izayoi
06-02-2009, 05:01 AM
I'm still here. I can do programming.