PDA

View Full Version : Which will you be getting? *Heart Gold* or ~Soul Silver~

Tyler Birch
05-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Pokemon Heart gold and Pokemon Soul Silver are remakes of of the gameboy color games Pokemon Gold and Silver. They are set to be released this fall in japan, and in the US sometime in 2010 on the nintendo DS. We have waited ten years for this and finally it has been confirmed!

for further info go to serebii.net

What I want to know is...will you be getting it?!
If so which will you be getting?!

I'm personally getting both
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa15/bump69911/Pokemon/e_raikou.jpg

Vaughn
05-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I would get both, like I did with D/P.

George Jefferson
05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
I'm getting the Pokemon Yellow remake.

Woodchuck
05-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I'll probably get Heart Gold. I always loved Ho-oh. I doubt I'll get both of them, though. I never do. x3

-Jake-

complexmanifold
05-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Heart Gold! Ho-oh representing!

http://pokebeach.com/scans/secret-wonders/10-ho-oh.jpg

Nirvash
05-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Soul Silver. And Heart Gold.

HAHA IDIORT REPORTING IN.

Eternal Moonlight
05-10-2009, 06:58 PM
I`m getting SoulSilver!

However, my brother is getting HeartGold, so we`ll have both!

Mew, Meow, Nya

TeirusuFX
05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
I can get both since I can torrent it

But Soul Silver is be good enough for me

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Professor Geoffrey
05-10-2009, 07:05 PM
BOTH!

I'm going to do the same thing I did for Platinum; pre-order it two (or more) months early. =]

Black Hawk
05-10-2009, 07:20 PM
I was a Gold man when the originals came(lol) out so I will be loyal to mine choices :cool:

Ajarr
05-10-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm going to try to get both of them, but if I can't I'll get Heart Gold because Ho-Oh pwns.

Light_Sky
05-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Both. I have played them a ton. I played for a total of....700+ hours.

Fire Pkmn Master
05-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Well if I couldnt get both I would get Heart Gold because Gold version was the first one I got and then got Silver from my brother but Im going to get both of course.

Snake Bite
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Just Gold. I usually gt both, but considering that I already have lugia and ho-oh (The main reasons for getting both) Ima get Gold. (Ho-oh plus sacred ash pwns)

Ayotui
05-10-2009, 07:42 PM
i,m probably getting both. so i can get all the version exclusives.

Operative
05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I personally think the title should be Gold Heart and Silver Soul rather than Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

They sound much better with the words reversed.

Neither for me, seeing as I don't have a DS right now. But when I buy a new one, I'll probably get Silver Soul Soul Silver.

Bumblebee16
05-10-2009, 07:57 PM
More than likey Both, but if I only got one, it would be Silver, Lugia rocks.

Kei Ochima
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
i am so getting both!!!!! they sound so good from what my friend told me today XD

Lord Fedora
05-10-2009, 08:48 PM
I personally think the title should be Gold Heart and Silver Soul rather than Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

They sound much better with the words reversed.

Neither for me, seeing as I don't have a DS right now. But when I buy a new one, I'll probably get Silver Soul Soul Silver.
That's because you think like an American. Scratch that, like someone from the West in general. Trust me, the American ports will be Gold Heart and Silver Soul.

Anyway, in a perfect world I'd get both, but more than likely I'll just be getting SS. I played Gold for the original, and I can honestly say without a doubt in my mind, I like Lugia better than Ho-Oh.

Babii Pikachu
05-10-2009, 08:53 PM
-highfaiv-

I am getting Soul Silver, and if I'm a good girl, I might get Heart Gold... or download it (:

karmachameleon
05-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Gold just like I did back when it came out a long time ago

Operative
05-10-2009, 09:02 PM
That's because you think like an American. Scratch that, like someone from the West in general. Trust me, the American ports will be Gold Heart and Silver Soul..

Yes, I do think like an American. Perhaps it's because I am American in some way. I don't care which way it's sold here, it's still the same game, anyways.

Tyler Birch
05-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Yes, I do think like an American. Perhaps it's because I am American in some way. I don't care which way it's sold here, it's still the same game, anyways.

I agree it would sound better the way you said. But in reality all that matters is that we are finally getting a remake! =]

Nitro
05-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm probably going to get Heart Gold. Ho-oh > Lugia

Psychedelic Shroomish
05-10-2009, 10:54 PM
I'll probably get Soul Silver since it was the game I originally got when G/S/C first was released. Plus, Lugia is quite cute and Ho-oh is just a dirty ho, o. :redface:

Ranma
05-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Neither.

I loved G/S/C, and I think these games will be horrible compared to the originals. I mean, I hate the graphics they are using now, and the plot I assume will be completly ruined. Once I learn more about it I may change my mind, but I don't think I will.

Plus, I'm not that in to pokemon anymore.

-Holland-
05-11-2009, 01:41 AM
I would suppose that they would implement all this new stuff relating to D/P as you progress near the end of the game, but I don't think that it would detract that much from the game altogether. Though, I do understand where you're coming from, because as much as I loved Fire Red and Leaf Green, the "improved" graphics seemed to have taken so much from the kind of aesthetics I enjoyed in the old games. However, that may have been because I generally didn't like Ruby and Sapphire that much because of the art styles and the way that they killed the quality of most of the music by re-rendering it all. Regardless, I like the new art styles, and I've always wanted to see GSC with improved graphics because they were never meant to look as bland as they did. Olivine and Blackthorn deserve to look beautiful.

Anyway, I'll probably stick with my tradition and go with the more "red oriented" color, which, in this case, would be Heart Gold. Sacred Fire wins, like always, =].

Also, I'll admit that I'm curious to see if they'll give us some new movepool options for GSC Pokemon, because the metagame is pretty much predetermined by a relentless offense or an excruciating stall at the moment. Something fresh would be so damn nice. But, even if not, I'm really eager to see these games in their fully fledged glory. Unlike R/S/E, I actually liked D/P's soundtrack (probably because the DS has much better sound), and I actually found the visuals to be rather exhilarating and fresh, unlike most. What makes me anticipate these games even more is that the GSC soundtrack was actually very good, despite being confined to the GBC's crappy sound output, so remaking it better make it even more enjoyable. Personally, there's no better generation of Pokemon to remake than GSC.

CrazyTrainer
05-11-2009, 02:09 AM
I'm mostly likely going to get both. But if I don't I'll be getting Soul Silver because I like silver. Hey can someone answer my question will there be a show for this.

-Holland-
05-11-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm mostly likely going to get both. But if I don't I'll be getting Soul Silver because I like silver. Hey can someone answer my question will there be a show for this.

They already did one, so I doubt they'll make another just because these remakes are coming out. They didn't do it for FR/LG.

Lord Fedora
05-11-2009, 02:21 AM
They already did one, so I doubt they'll make another just because these remakes are coming out. They didn't do it for FR/LG.
Battle Frontier was the season for FrLg. You know, return to Kanto and all that.

-Holland-
05-11-2009, 03:37 AM
Battle Frontier was the season for FrLg. You know, return to Kanto and all that.

Oh, I just figured it had to do with Emerald. I never actually watched it...

Tyler Birch
05-11-2009, 03:47 AM
I would suppose that they would implement all this new stuff relating to D/P as you progress near the end of the game, but I don't think that it would detract that much from the game altogether. Though, I do understand where you're coming from, because as much as I loved Fire Red and Leaf Green, the "improved" graphics seemed to have taken so much from the kind of aesthetics I enjoyed in the old games. However, that may have been because I generally didn't like Ruby and Sapphire that much because of the art styles and the way that they killed the quality of most of the music by re-rendering it all. Regardless, I like the new art styles, and I've always wanted to see GSC with improved graphics because they were never meant to look as bland as they did. Olivine and Blackthorn deserve to look beautiful.

Anyway, I'll probably stick with my tradition and go with the more "red oriented" color, which, in this case, would be Heart Gold. Sacred Fire wins, like always, =].

Also, I'll admit that I'm curious to see if they'll give us some new movepool options for GSC Pokemon, because the metagame is pretty much predetermined by a relentless offense or an excruciating stall at the moment. Something fresh would be so damn nice. But, even if not, I'm really eager to see these games in their fully fledged glory. Unlike R/S/E, I actually liked D/P's soundtrack (probably because the DS has much better sound), and I actually found the visuals to be rather exhilarating and fresh, unlike most. What makes me anticipate these games even more is that the GSC soundtrack was actually very good, despite being confined to the GBC's crappy sound output, so remaking it better make it even more enjoyable. Personally, there's no better generation of Pokemon to remake than GSC.

i like how you think haha.
and as for the anime...they probably wont go back to johto. though, May had talked about doing contests in johto. and the last time i checked the last time they were in johto there was no such thing as contests. but i dunno, it would be nice if they did go back and not only to johto but to all of the past regions.

Hei Feng
05-11-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm going to get both. If I can't, I'm getting Soul Silver.

skiboydoggy
05-11-2009, 07:28 AM
I'd get SoulSilver over HeartGold, but Crystal remake would beat both.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
05-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Depends if the Crystal remake will come out as well. If so, neither; if not, maybe both. Also depends if my friend is also buying 'em. If so, we buy one each; if not... see above.

Void
05-11-2009, 01:08 PM
R4 FTW. I can just download both for free. >3

Volcanflame
05-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Both, HG for me and SS for my bro.

-Volcan-

Ranma
05-11-2009, 07:26 PM

Well I'll still check the news on the game, but if the storyline is killed I'm gonna be sad. :(

I never listen to the soundtracks after Crystal, since I actually didn't like any music after it, and didn't want to waste the bateries on something I didn't like.

I may get one if it seems to be good, but I doubt I'd get both.

Oxygen
05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
I`m getting SoulSilver!

However, my brother is getting HeartGold, so we`ll have both!

Mew, Meow, Nya

This.

Actually, that's exactly what I was going to say :/

Bryce
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
I got Silver when it came out originally; I reckon I'll try Gold this time around.

Broderick
05-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Heart Gold, no doubt about it.

spartan117
05-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Soul Silver definately!
I really dislike the names though. I mean Heart Gold? Come on they couldve come up with something better than that.

Lonsie
05-11-2009, 10:58 PM
I'll probably get Silver, but I'm unsure. I'll look over the version exclusives, and harass one of my friends into getting the other version.

Ahlat
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Once there is more information I'll choose. I'm getting it for sure though. Though I might not because i'm hoping for crystal remake. =P

Elrond
05-12-2009, 12:51 AM
I got Silver when it came out originally; I reckon I'll try Gold this time around.

Same reasoning and result here; I did the same thing with FR/LG (I had originally gotten Red, so I bought LeafGreen instead when the remakes came out).

Then again, I won't know for sure until I see the version exclusives. If they stay the same way as they were originally, I'll definitely get Gold because I like Gligar much better than Skarmory.

Kaoru
05-12-2009, 01:40 AM
I plan on getting both. Reason: I got Ruby/Sapphire, FireRed/LeafGreen, and Diamond/Pearl. Now it's time for HG/SS.

HG: Cyndaquil
SS: Totodile

Lord Celebi
05-12-2009, 02:00 AM
Heart Gold. I'm really looking forward to replaying GSC.

Keion
05-12-2009, 04:06 AM
I'll just download them both.

Graceful_Suicune
05-12-2009, 08:35 AM
I think it's pointless to get both. x3 But I'll probably get Soul Silver, since Silver was my first game. :3

~Xanthe.

atucker22
05-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm getting Soul Silver for sure

Proud_Piplup
05-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm getting SoulSilver and my brother is getting HeartGold. These'll be our first games in Johto. ^^

FireBrawl Latios
05-15-2009, 04:11 PM
The third game. If there is a PMD2.5, so should GS.

If not, I'll get HeartGold

Master Zorua
05-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I will get Silver and then wait to see when they bring out part Crystal (because there's always a third one to each series: RBY, CRE, DPP, etc.)

Tyler Birch
05-15-2009, 06:58 PM
I will get Silver and then wait to see when they bring out part Crystal (because there's always a third one to each series: RBY, CRE, DPP, etc.)

well actually thats not true.
because when they remade red and blue on gameboy advanced. (fire red and leaf green)
there was only two.
they never remade yellow, so i dont think they will be remaking crystal either.

Judge Dredd
05-15-2009, 07:02 PM
well actually thats not true.
because when they remade red and blue on gameboy advanced. (fire red and leaf green)
there was only two.
they never remade yellow, so i dont think they will be remaking crystal either.

awww crystal is the best of all the pokemon games...
im getting both but i dont need anything from either, i have everything all ready..

Stubby Boardman
05-18-2009, 01:08 PM
Since I silver I'll be getting soulsilver :)

Yoda55
05-18-2009, 10:21 PM
I'll be getting HG.

Flare Mushra
05-19-2009, 01:29 AM
see, ima hav to go with this guy chad on utube and say "SCREW HO-OH"

Master of Puppets
05-19-2009, 01:40 AM
Probably both. I MUST GET HO-OH AND LUGIA.

Rohypnol
05-19-2009, 05:27 AM
Soul Silver for sure but I'm going to try to get both.

Quaint
05-19-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm will get soul silver.
When I say get, I mean download.

But shh.

Neo Emolga
05-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Still wondering if I should get this. I didn't like D/P (Sinnoh was a really crappy region in my opinion), but I loved Gold.

If I decide to go for it, Soul Silver. Lugia pwns.

Alienshroom
05-20-2009, 01:00 AM
SoulSilver as Lugia is my favorite Pokemon.

ShionRasenka
05-21-2009, 07:33 PM
I'm getting both!!! I have 2 DS's, so I can trade pokemon. And since I have a job, it's feesable. I can't wait for them to come out!!! >w<

Skottles
05-21-2009, 07:37 PM
I will probably get Soul Silver because back when Gold and Silver came out I got Silver and my bro got Gold.

Kroy
05-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm getting SoulSilver without a second thought. I received Gold for Christmas the year it came out...but always preferred silver since Lugia has always been one of my favorites.

SilverCyndaquil
05-26-2009, 12:09 AM
SouSilver pwns all!I have always loved the game and in fact right now I have the orginal Silver and a purple Gameboy Color.

parsol lady
05-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I'm going to get Soul Silver.

Max-Attack
05-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Probably neither since I'll most likely be a broke college student by the time they're released here. I'll eventually have to get one though, and I'll base that decision on version exclusives.

Mewchirio
05-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Probably both as I want both of them
Because I do, I don't know why

~Mewchirio~

Tombi
05-26-2009, 06:37 PM
I honestly have NO idea. Seriously. I'll probably look into which ones have the best Pokemon and then probably choose by the cover appearance I like the most. x_X

EDIT

Thinking about it, I'll probably end up getting both, like I eventually bought Pearl after buying Diamond and getting LeafGreen after buying FireRed. The first one I get I always keep the same save file with all my best Pokes, then I get the other one to restart over and over when I feel like it.

Soda
05-27-2009, 03:07 AM
Tough, tough choice. But from the exclusives I saw on Serebii, Soul Silver. :P

Winter
05-27-2009, 03:11 AM
Most likely Soul Silver, just because I happen to likle silver more than gold that and it looks like Lugia will be involved so I'm definately there!

Tyler Birch
05-29-2009, 01:49 AM
I honestly have NO idea. Seriously. I'll probably look into which ones have the best Pokemon and then probably choose by the cover appearance I like the most. x_X

EDIT

Thinking about it, I'll probably end up getting both, like I eventually bought Pearl after buying Diamond and getting LeafGreen after buying FireRed. The first one I get I always keep the same save file with all my best Pokes, then I get the other one to restart over and over when I feel like it.

I do the same thing!

Splishee
05-29-2009, 09:09 AM
I loved Crystal. Didn't care much for Gold and Silver. To be honest, I think I may wait it out until it's confirmed there won't be a Crystal remake, and get Soul Silver. xP

Ryenne
05-30-2009, 06:25 AM
Probably Soul Silver since Silver was my first ever Pokemon game. Ah, the memories... :3

EmpoleonMarioFan10
05-31-2009, 10:41 PM
Soul Silver.I still have the orginal Silver and I like Silver better than Gold anyway.Plus, it has an awesomer name.:wink: