PDA

View Full Version : Brutal Legend

Gokudera-Kun
05-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Brutal Legend Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pxEH-v7E5U&feature=related)

I was wondering if this game scheduled for October of this year has passed under anybody else's radar.

I gotta say, it looks and sounds like an awesome game. It basically capitalizes on the Guitar Hero/Rock Band love for Music Video Games that has been circulating. Not only this, it also appeals to Action/Adventure gamers, such as myself. I'm curious to see exactly how this game plays out, and from what I've heard from the story and voice acting, it will be Awesometainment.

Anybody else have opinion's about this game?

Seawolf
05-18-2009, 12:24 AM
HELL YEAH!

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one interested in this game. The last Tim Schafer game I played was Full Throttle, so I'm very excited to see what this one will be like. I can't wait for it.

By the way, Schafer has had this idea in his head for over 10 years, he did not make this merely to appeal to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band nutters.

Gokudera-Kun
05-18-2009, 12:29 AM
HELL YEAH!

Thank goodness, I thought I was the only one interested in this game. The last Tim Schafer game I played was Full Throttle, so I'm very excited to see what this one will be like. I can't wait for it.

Lol, it seems like I always spend time waiting on games. I really want a playable demo to surface over PSN and the Xbox equivalent in July or something.

By the way, Schafer has had this idea in his head for over 10 years, he did not make this merely to appeal to the Guitar Hero/Rock Band nutters.

I meant it more timing-wise. If it was inspired by the GH/RB reception, then it might not have been scheduled for this year.

Seawolf
05-18-2009, 12:33 AM
I meant it more timing-wise. If it was inspired by the GH/RB reception, then it might not have been scheduled for this year.

Oh, okay. I'm just so used to hearing people say that the game is a cheap GH/RB ripoff, and it makes me so mad!

I'm hoping that it'll make an appearance at E3. I would like to see some gameplay footage.

Gokudera-Kun
05-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Oh, okay. I'm just so used to hearing people say that the game is a cheap GH/RB ripoff, and it makes me so mad!

I'm hoping that it'll make an appearance at E3. I would like to see some gameplay footage.
You checked the website?

http://www.brutallegend.com/

I'm SO gonna pre-order it for that in-game guitar. :o

Lonsie
05-18-2009, 12:40 AM
lol. xD

Looks awesomely random, does it not?

Neo Emolga
05-18-2009, 12:43 AM
For the first time in a long time, I think I've finally found a game that I will sincerely enjoy playing.

Yeah, this does look good. Crazy idea, but the humor and the action seem great, the kind of mix that really worked well for the TimeSplitters series.

Gokudera-Kun
05-18-2009, 12:52 AM
For the first time in a long time, I think I've finally found a game that I will sincerely enjoy playing.

Yeah, this does look good. Crazy idea, but the humor and the action seem great, the kind of mix that really worked well for the TimeSplitters series.
Lol, I think I'm on the same page as you.

I think the last game I was excited about that wasn't a re-make/update of a previous title and didn't let me down was probably Twilight Princess.(Wasn't that like two years back?)

And yeah, I hope this has the same sense of humor as School of Rock, but doesn't blow off playability. Guess we'll find out when they release a gameplay demo. I would really love to see a video devoted to that Hot Rod of his.

Dariganno
05-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Aha, this looks awesome, I so want a copy when it arrives here!

Vincent_Valentine_4
05-21-2009, 08:16 PM
It looks pretty awesome I'll have to check it out when it comes out.

Seawolf
05-31-2009, 01:21 AM
One of the cutscenes. (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-brutal-legend/49774)

Schafer's writing is still top-notch. :cool:

Gokudera-Kun
05-31-2009, 01:27 AM
One of the cutscenes. (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-brutal-legend/49774)

Schafer's writing is still top-notch. :cool:
It sure is. I'm really hoping they give us a demo.

Btw, anybody pre-ordered yet? I think I might, since I'll be at Gamestop gettin' a Birthday present anyway. Might as well get something for myself.

Seawolf
05-31-2009, 01:28 AM
It sure is. I'm really hoping they give us a demo.

Btw, anybody pre-ordered yet? I think I might, since I'll be at Gamestop gettin' a Birthday present anyway. Might as well get something for myself.

I did at Gamestop about a week ago. I want that special guitar!

Gokudera-Kun
05-31-2009, 01:45 AM
I did at Gamestop about a week ago. I want that special guitar!
I know right! I wonder if guitar attacks can be chained, and if so, will the chain just be random twanging, or will it sound like an actual song?

I just hope there are in-game guitars as well. Maybe something decked out in Ormagoden fury.