PDA

View Full Version : Noises are coming from my computer! :O

scubasteveE
05-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Ok when I'm on the internet, I hear advertisements for stuff, but there not coming from the website I'm on. I refresh the page, go to a different website, and even close the window, but they keep playing. I'm starting to think it's a virus, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

Hoshika
05-18-2009, 02:03 AM
For how long do the sounds keep playing? If it's for a second or so, then that's normal.

scubasteveE
05-18-2009, 02:14 AM
For how long do the sounds keep playing? If it's for a second or so, then that's normal.
Nope, some goes on for a couple minutes. This one just happen, it sounded like comentary for a history television show O.o It lasted around 7-8 mins. then stopped mid-sentance.

MYSTRY MEW
05-18-2009, 02:55 AM
ya
i had these a while too

i dont remember how i got rid of them though

download malwarebytes and ad-aware and scan regularly
that should delete any virus themed malicious things

if that doesnt work, you can try doing a system restore to before it started happening.

Im pretty sure the mal/ad programs got rid of it for me though

just give it some time i guess :3

scubasteveE
05-18-2009, 03:08 AM
ya
i had these a while too

i dont remember how i got rid of them though

download malwarebytes and ad-aware and scan regularly
that should delete any virus themed malicious things

if that doesnt work, you can try doing a system restore to before it started happening.

Im pretty sure the mal/ad programs got rid of it for me though

just give it some time i guess :3
ok thanks for the help^^

MYSTRY MEW
05-18-2009, 01:17 PM
ok thanks for the help^^

np
if they dont work then let me know and i can try to figure out what i did for ya

Babii Pikachu
05-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Lower down the volume? Just a thought :P

Rawwr
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Yeah Most Likely A Virus.

-Ash-

scubasteveE
05-20-2009, 05:40 AM
np
if they dont work then let me know and i can try to figure out what i did for ya
Well I scan my computer for viruses and it found a couple. Though I don't know if it got rid of them. It said it put them in quarantine. But it still happens after I scan.

MYSTRY MEW
05-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Well I scan my computer for viruses and it found a couple. Though I don't know if it got rid of them. It said it put them in quarantine. But it still happens after I scan.

ok, quarentine isnt rid yet
go try and find the quarentine list and delete them

quarentine just means the program THINKs its supsicios so it wants you to look at it and decide

Scourge of Amaranth
05-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Are your iTunes on, by any chance?

Nirvash
05-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Technology means "magic". Nobody knows how it works. If it breaks, you have to buy a new one.

Alonso
05-20-2009, 06:06 PM
Don't do this just yet. My suggestion is that if nothing works at ALL, then reset your computer to factory settings.
Of course that would wipe out the memory, in other words all your saved files will be gone, so therefore take out all your important stuff.

scubasteveE
05-22-2009, 04:52 AM
Don't do this just yet. My suggestion is that if nothing works at ALL, then reset your computer to factory settings.
Of course that would wipe out the memory, in other words all your saved files will be gone, so therefore take out all your important stuff.
We had to do that with my brother's notebook. He had that privacy center trojan on it :\

@MYSTRY MEW: Ok I got rid of the virus and it appears to have worked. I think it was this stupid cursor mania crap that I didn't even want in the first place^^; But I've had it on for most of the day and it hasn't done it so:biggrin: Thanks for the help!!!

MYSTRY MEW
05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
We had to do that with my brother's notebook. He had that privacy center trojan on it :\

@MYSTRY MEW: Ok I got rid of the virus and it appears to have worked. I think it was this stupid cursor mania crap that I didn't even want in the first place^^; But I've had it on for most of the day and it hasn't done it so:biggrin: Thanks for the help!!!

yup np!
let us know if it comes back

glad i could be of help

when i had it i always got bugged about snuggies and wiis O.o

ragnarok0422
05-22-2009, 01:01 PM
It seems that the case is solved but let me share my idea when that happened to me as well...

I was using the internet when some weird songs keeps playing, it irritated me for half a day and I realized that the AOL Music on AIM was on... it was weird, I stopped it of course... I was right, it was the problem.

I dunno if it's some virus or your AIM must be playing with the AOL Music... xP

scubasteveE
05-23-2009, 01:21 AM
It seems that the case is solved but let me share my idea when that happened to me as well...

I was using the internet when some weird songs keeps playing, it irritated me for half a day and I realized that the AOL Music on AIM was on... it was weird, I stopped it of course... I was right, it was the problem.

I dunno if it's some virus or your AIM must be playing with the AOL Music... xP
Yeah it wasn't my aim or aol music :x It wasn't just music or sounds but it was like the sound from a video. You know on some video sharing websites, they have commericals before the video? It was the sound from the commericals, but I didn't any videos playing or any pages open. But I guess it was a virus *shrugs*