PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a better Pokemon Wii game

TeirusuFX
05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
If the Pokemon franchise were to make another Wii game, what type of features do you think need to be added to make it successful?

These ideas can also include types of gameplay that are featured in the main series or spin-off games

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Broderick
05-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I don't think they should so much make more games for Nintendo systems, but work something out with Microsoft to make a PBR sequel for the Xbox360. I mean, the graphics would be better (something I wanted from day 1 of owning PBR), and you could go on Xboxlive and get random battles rather than Nintendo WFC. It would be a hell of a lot easier to battle specific people as well. ~_~

Haze
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
I don't think they should so much make more games for Nintendo systems, but work something out with Microsoft to make a PBR sequel for the Xbox360. I mean, the graphics would be better (something I wanted from day 1 of owning PBR), and you could go on Xboxlive and get random battles rather than Nintendo WFC. It would be a hell of a lot easier to battle specific people as well. ~_~

I agree with the move to another console part, but please not another PBR ._.

Something along the lines of Fable/Oblivion would be cool, if it let you go to all regions and the islands. :3

TeirusuFX
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM

Something along the lines of Fable/Oblivion would be cool, if it let you go to all regions and the islands. :3

It would be nice to be able to go to all the reigions

And have you ever considered that there was no Pokemon game released by no other company than Nintendo? Do you want Game Freak to end up like Sega? It would make as much sense as moving Halo to the Wii. >.>

I was thinking maybe they could keep some of the original features of Pokemon Stadium :/

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Volcanflame
05-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Something like all 4 regions in one game :P

And real-time battle system would be nice ;3

-Volcan-

Alienshroom
05-21-2009, 07:42 PM
I think the games you are asking for are only possible on PC.

Volcanflame
05-21-2009, 07:55 PM
I don't think so.

-Volcan-

Broderick
05-21-2009, 07:58 PM

I liked PBR. The wi-fi system sucks because nub kids use 6 Darkrais or a Darkrai, Kyogre, Palkia, and Electivire. >.>

Haze
05-21-2009, 08:06 PM
And have you ever considered that there was no Pokemon game released by no other company than Nintendo? Do you want Game Freak to end up like Sega? It would make as much sense as moving Halo to the Wii. >.>

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Maybe because Nintendo owns the rights of Pokemon? If GameFreak really wants to make a great game, they would move to Microsoft or Sony and put something on a console that actually can do something unlike the Wii. Nintendo really just needs to get with the times console wise. Motion may have been cool the first few times, but it really limits your gaming options. :X

Vincent_Valentine_4
05-21-2009, 08:13 PM
I would love to see a pokemon MMO or some form of better online pokemon game where you run around with other people and can trade and battle at all times I know they have some of those on the computer but an official one would be awesome. And as for a PBR remake that better have some more features than just mindless repetitive stadium battling an online ranking system with battles that include 6 pokes not just 3 or 4.

Yoda55
05-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I want another game with Shadow Pokemon. XD was a fun game.

TeirusuFX
05-21-2009, 08:17 PM
Maybe because Nintendo owns the rights of Pokemon? If GameFreak really wants to make a great game, they would move to Microsoft or Sony and put something on a console that actually can do something unlike the Wii. Nintendo really just needs to get with the times console wise. Motion may have been cool the first few times, but it really limits your gaming options. :X

Pokemon is good enough as a game for hand-held consoles

The only thing they'll practically gain from Sony and Microsoft is better graphics, other than that, the Wii already has most of the gaming features of the PS3 and Xbox360

I'm not saying the Wii is better than the both of them though, I'm just saying that the Wii could use better games, and they need a better Pokemon game for that console that the player can actually use a lot of the physical Wii features on

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Broderick
05-21-2009, 08:33 PM

The only thing they'll practically gain from Sony and Microsoft is better graphics, other than that, the Wii already has most of the gaming features of the PS3 and Xbox360

I'm not saying the Wii is better than the both of them though, I'm just saying that the Wii could use better games, and they need a better Pokemon game for that console that the player can actually use a lot of the physical Wii features on

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

^lol.
The Wii has nowhere near the amount of gaming capabilities that the Xbox and Playstation 3 do.
The Wii does some of the same things as the Xbox 360, but honestly just not as well. :|
This is coming from a person who owns both a Wii and an Xbox.

Haze
05-21-2009, 08:46 PM
It could be sooo much more on a next gen console though.

lol

Why would you even want to use the Wii's physical features other than to throw a pokeball. Pokemon doesn't have much to offer in the motion control department, so what it needs is a console that can support a good engine to stop lag and such. RTS would be amazing for Pokemon, but I don't think the Wii could handle that very well.

TeirusuFX
05-21-2009, 08:50 PM
I type a lot without thinking :P

Anyways, I'm not saying that you would have to literaly throw a Pokeball, there's things that can be added to make such a Pokemon game for the Wii more interesting

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

sgtJARHEAD
05-25-2009, 12:11 AM
New region. Something like Colosseum or XD.

Winter
05-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Hmm, a new region, possibly? Along with an actual storyline like in the other pokemon games and customizable characters, like in PBR--that would be great.

Vincent_Valentine_4
05-26-2009, 09:29 PM
A RTS pokemon game would be cool like Fire Emblem but with pokemon I'd buy it.

Vevevicamp
06-20-2009, 04:02 AM
A RTS pokemon game would be cool like Fire Emblem but with pokemon I'd buy it.

An RTS is in real time. A game like Fire Emblem is not.

They should make a Pokemon game that features all the regions. Thats all I'm gonna say.

evil murkrow
06-20-2009, 07:55 AM
I would have to say that a pokemon game with more rpg elements and more of a dramatic/epic feel to it would be a change for the better. They should takje the franchise in a whole new level, making it slightly more mature and giving it a twist but keeping some of the previous elements. Like say perhaps using the storyline from like a sorta apocalyptic context like in the RP's with like virus experiments/world wastelands/ruins/zombies?/hybrids/you be a pokemon. Or maybe even having a large mmo world coulb be nice in ways. Idunno :oops:.

Grassy_Aggron
06-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Having a none turn-based fighting system, like Tales of Symphonia 2, would be cool. Being a pokemon, seeing overworld...Oh, and instead of only dungeons, have some fields thrown in for a mix XD Walls are annoying -.-

So, and upgraded Mystery Dungeon for the Wii. With Shadow pokemon. And customization. And Wi-Fi.

Yeesh 0o I say a lot.

sammy0295
06-21-2009, 03:56 PM
I think it would be cool if they made a Harvest Moon style Pokemon game. Like have Milktanks as cows, and Mareeps as sheep, and berry trees as plants, and they could have someone like Van who comes and you can buy rare pokemon off him, raise and sell them for major $$. :happy: I think that would be a cool game.

Y2kPikachu12
06-24-2009, 02:55 AM
Umm i don't know if this has been said but theres a new game coming out for the wii and its like real time battling.

Grsspkmnmaster
06-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Maybe if they brought back pokemon snap for the wii??????

That game was ridiculously addicting, and the game can be made soo much longer and soo much better with the motion controls of the wii. Anyone????????

Master Zorua
06-24-2009, 03:42 PM
I think they should come out with an all-inclusive game, Pokemon World. It'll include all four regions along with the Orange Islands. You get to choose which region to start out on, and you can only move to another region after you beat the current one, although you can return to any region you have already defeated. And the Legendaries will have a storyline adventure to pursue before they can be confronted and captured. And instead of bringing all of the original Teams back, there could be two Teams: Alpha and Omega. But unlike other pokemon games, while the two teams would be clashing with each other, only one of them would be evil (Team Omega, world domination), the other would be the good guys (Team Alpha, lead by Gary Oak and/or Ash Ketchum). To make things more interesting and determine how the overall story plays out, you can choose to join a Team (something no other pokemon game has allowed before) and shape the fate of the world. Also, Contests will be like the anime. In the first round you do the appeal round, which will be a shortened version of the DPPl contest with 8 total opponents (Only having the first and last portions kept), then the top four will have a timed tourney-style battle that will be more like a mini-game rather than a normal battle. The winner of that gets the ribbon for that town. Then once five ribbons have been attained for that region, the Grand Festival will become available at the same place that the league tournaments will be held. Which is yet another idea. Instead of going straight to the Elite Four, the player must win the League Championship Tournament, just like in the anime.

Nitro
06-24-2009, 05:25 PM
I think they should come out with an all-inclusive game, Pokemon World. It'll include all four regions along with the Orange Islands. You get to choose which region to start out on, and you can only move to another region after you beat the current one, although you can return to any region you have already defeated. And the Legendaries will have a storyline adventure to pursue before they can be confronted and captured. And instead of bringing all of the original Teams back, there could be two Teams: Alpha and Omega. But unlike other pokemon games, while the two teams would be clashing with each other, only one of them would be evil (Team Omega, world domination), the other would be the good guys (Team Alpha, lead by Gary Oak and/or Ash Ketchum). To make things more interesting and determine how the overall story plays out, you can choose to join a Team (something no other pokemon game has allowed before) and shape the fate of the world. Also, Contests will be like the anime. In the first round you do the appeal round, which will be a shortened version of the DPPl contest with 8 total opponents (Only having the first and last portions kept), then the top four will have a timed tourney-style battle that will be more like a mini-game rather than a normal battle. The winner of that gets the ribbon for that town. Then once five ribbons have been attained for that region, the Grand Festival will become available at the same place that the league tournaments will be held. Which is yet another idea. Instead of going straight to the Elite Four, the player must win the League Championship Tournament, just like in the anime.
You've thought about this a lot, haven't you. :s

aeria
06-24-2009, 06:56 PM
No offense grasspkmnmaster, but I ABSOLUTELY hated Pokemon Snap. On the day I bought it, I sold it for more money then the amount I paid for it.

2 of my favorite games of all time are Kid Icarus and The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past. It would be awesome if they revamped those two and made them get better graphics and such.

If you don't know what Kid Icarus is, then click here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Icarus

And if you somehow don't know what The Legend of Zelda Link to the Past is, then clcik here. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_A_Link_to_the_Past

Moe2
06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
If they made pokemon an RPG then it would sell millions easy. MMO RPG like WoW is and your set lol, but this would be better for PC... the wii cant handle things this big.

evil murkrow
06-25-2009, 05:38 AM
A real time game thing would be good. Anyone ever played the first digimon world. The battle system for that was pretty cool, and it would work well with the series (maybe idk?) Its sort of like melee scramble, but each guy learns moves as he progresses. And the stat training. Yeah.

Graceful_Suicune
06-25-2009, 11:35 AM
I liked Pokemon Snap. I thought it was awesome to be able to be someone up close to Pokemon--all different Pokemon, and to have them running around right in front of you. It was fun to go around and see what you could do, like, throwing apples and hitting Charmeleon into pools of lava and making them evolve into Charizard. :D

I had this big idea for a Pokemon Wii game aaaages ago, and I frankly would love it if they did bring something like it out. I imagined that you would BE a Pokemon, like in PMD, and you'd be that Pokemon according to your nature (after answering questions like in PMD), but you live in a colony of some sort of something. Something happens, and you get separated. Maybe you then find a partner, and you go on this long journey thing. You get to battle with the nunchuck as your movement stick, and you can perform your different attacks with different manoeuvres and buttons, and stuff like that. You could, like in PMD1, by the end of the game, become any Pokemon you have befriended and do the things that they only can do--like being a Flying-type and being able to fly all around....or be a Wooper and search the depths of the ocean, finding new Pokemon and treasures. Be an Arcanine and run as far as your paws could take you, travelling at high speeds. And you could have different missions being different Pokemon. :D
And yes, I have thought a lot about this--Twilight Princess probably inspired my thoughts about this. xD Being able to fly with those weird things, lope as a wolf, swing your sword with the nunchuck and not be restricted by pixels and "so and so used Tackle". "So and so dodged." "So and so's Defence fell." You know. :P Some more freedom and adventure! :D
Except not join a rescue team or guild. >.> And maybe at some part of the storyline, you'd be captured by a trainer and have to escape or something with the help of your un-captured partner, or the other way 'round! :D I get so excited thinking about it. xD

~Xanthe.

Master Zorua
06-25-2009, 03:24 PM
You've thought about this a lot, haven't you. :s

Yes I have, and if I had any clue as to how to make games and what english language programs I needed (because all of the hacks and mod programs I've found are in every language BUT english), I probably would have created it =^.^=

Lilmitsuko
07-26-2009, 01:41 AM
The "Ransen! Pokemon Scramble" game is pretty good. I think it would be more popular if A.) there was an actual storyline B.) you could roam around some sort of town or field, like in Mystery Dungeon games, only larger/more widespread C.) they spiffed up the graphics of the pokemon at least a little bit.

I mean, c'mon, who doesn't want to run around as their favorite pokemon and kill stuff?

Minorin
07-26-2009, 01:58 AM
Having a none turn-based fighting system, like Tales of Symphonia 2, would be cool. Being a pokemon, seeing overworld...Oh, and instead of only dungeons, have some fields thrown in for a mix XD Walls are annoying -.-

So, and upgraded Mystery Dungeon for the Wii. With Shadow pokemon. And customization. And Wi-Fi.

Yeesh 0o I say a lot.

Something like this would be ideal. But I was thinking more on the lines of a game being like the anime. Where you take control of the trainer in the battle and you can move around and select commands for your Pokemon. Kinda like a game where you can walk around freely mixed with Eternal Sonata's combat system and not turn based.

pokefreak_51
07-26-2009, 08:10 PM
I was thinking a game like XMen Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, etc would be cool. You control the Pokemon but instead of being like Mystery Dungeon you have 4 special attacks and it's action RPG. Having it be turn based despite the fact that you control the Pokemon was kind of annoying.

Minorin
07-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I was thinking a game like XMen Legends, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, etc would be cool. You control the Pokemon but instead of being like Mystery Dungeon you have 4 special attacks and it's action RPG. Having it be turn based despite the fact that you control the Pokemon was kind of annoying.

That'd be cool too. It kinda is like my idea.

Lord Fedora
07-28-2009, 01:57 AM
I've been saying for a long time that they need to have a Pokemon game in 3D, with real time combat. It can keep the four-move system, mapping them each to a different button (I planned this game out for the Gamecube btw. A, B, L and R were the buttons, with Y for jumping and X for an in-battle menu), and every battle is played out similarly to that in Star Ocean, with a defined area of combat. It was just an idea.

manga1313
07-28-2009, 09:09 AM
lol how about real time battle

jeebus4life
09-15-2009, 04:05 AM
the pokemon actually attacking each other!

Coddleflop
09-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I think they need to combine PMD with WoW 4 pc
You can choose from any starter as long as it's not leg. or too powerful and can only evolve twice via leveling, e.g. Ralts, caterpie etc. Then you have leveling up, pmd missions become quests, your WoW talents become different specs (speed, sp.atk. etc), TM's are learned from different pokemon e.g. electric tutors etc. and you have dungeons ofc, e.g. Moss Cave, Breeze Valley etc. however some dungeons you HAVE to go through to progress.

Thats what I think :D

Sheepat
10-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Maybe, they could make a game where when you connect with friends, they are in your world, like you walk with them at Pal Park or something like that.

I love Graceful Suicune's idea, where you're a Pokemon and you have to escape from a trainer.

Graceful_Suicune
10-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Maybe, they could make a game where when you connect with friends, they are in your world, like you walk with them at Pal Park or something like that.

I love Graceful Suicune's idea, where you're a Pokemon and you have to escape from a trainer.

Thank you. ^^ I really think that that should happen...you should be a Pokemon, and have a selection to choose from that you could be (like in PMD), and you get chosen via a personality test like in PMD also, but you should be able to do more things. You should live with your colony or with another colony who accepted you, and you shouldn't be a Pokemon who's been turned from a human. -.- I reckon there should be this long plot and you actually battle with the Wiimote and Nunchuck in a way that you don't just stand there and press buttons, but you run around and attack with your proper attacks and use the Nunchuck to run around with, like in Twilight Princess. I reckon when you've finished the game, you can, like in PMD, be any Pokemon you befriend and, say, if you were a Flying type, you could fly around the world and go to places you couldn't go in the story. And you could also be a Water type and swim into unknown oceans and explore, and there would just be all these different missions to complete after the story that you can only complete being specific Pokemon--i.e. what I said about the Water types swimming and the Flying types flying. I think it would be the best Pokemon game...it would certainly be my favourite! It'd be so much fun...and of course, you'd have to use strategy as well as strength to defeat bosses and any kind of foe, and you should be able to Wii Fii battle others. :D And maybe you could even have a team of Pokemon you befriend... Hehe, sounds cool to me. ;P And like I said once before in a thread like that which is what Riolu was referring to, at one point you get captured by a trainer and you have to battle for them until you find a way to escape or something, or maybe your partner (yes, you'll have a partner) would be the one to get captured, and then you'd have to save him/her. And it would be cool to be able to breed Pokemon as well, and then raise the little ones to help them grow and become stronger. :D

I know it's detailed and I have thought it through, and it's probably the thing that won't end up happening, but that would be my ideal Pokemon game, really. And the world has to be really big and virtually take forever to explore...with tall mountains with hidden caves and valleys with beautiful waterfalls and hot springs...and fields to just run through being a fast Pokemon! Although I don't like the ideas of dungeons much...being able to be more free sounds better to me. =]

~Xanthe.

Jedi Knight Goen-Tog Etya
10-25-2009, 06:22 PM
A lot of people who posted on other similar topics suggested a Pokemon RPG with all the regions, Pokemon etc. I'd like to see that too.

Before PBR came out, I would have also liked to have seen a Gym Leader's Castle and Elite 4 battles on PBR, except the game already came out. They did this in Pokemon Stadium 2 for the N64. PBR game is cool but it seems kinda limited in the kinds of colloseums that are featured.

I want Pokemon game like the suggestions listed above. A bigger, longer, more emersive game with more features and colloseums.

Lucky 1276
10-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Well, first of all, I'm tired of the generic pokemon storyline of 10 year old boy/girl wants to become a pokemon master by defeating 8 gym leaders and capturing all pokemon. I'm sick of it; you CANNOT tell me that nintendo can't put some thought into a pokemon game instead of just slapping 100 more pokemon into a game and just shipping it out. I would rather a pokemon game with a GOOD storyline than 100+ new pokemon with the same recycled story over and over.

Professor Geoffrey
10-26-2009, 12:39 AM
It would actually be epic if Pokémon had Square Enix and Game Freak combine their efforts to make an actual battling game. Preferably a Kingdom Hearts/Pokémon crossover, but it's not going to happen. x3

It'd would be awesome enough if Sora, Roxas, or Riku made it to the next Super Smash Bros. with Pokémon. >3

-preferably Roxas-

Sheepat
10-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Lol. that would be funny. Only problem is that Meowth would try to eat Mickey.

Yeah, Sora and co. would be awesome on Super Smash.

P0kemon trainer Red
11-07-2009, 07:19 AM
A Brawl style game would be nice but with only LOTS pokemon characters and items and also lots and lots of cool moves and a story mode but with voices and a good plot would also be nice