PDA

View Full Version : rate my crystal team

Buff Aggron
07-08-2005, 09:45 PM
i have the following. i'm open to criticism as well as complements...or changes you think i should apply on my team!

typhlosion lv80-charcoal
sunnyday
flametrower
fireblast
quickattack(it has helped alot on link battling believe it or not :oops: )

feraligtr lv80-never melt ice or something
icepunch(my dragon killer right here)
dig
surf
hydro pump

meganium lv 80-miracle seed
bodyslam
razorlaef
solarbeam
poison powder

ampharos lv80-magnet
thunderbolt
irontail
thunder
thunderpunch (open to suggestion on this moveset)

umbreon lv 80-leftovers
shadow ball
psychic
wish
quick attack (maybe luck is on my side because it has also saved me couless times during link battling)

skarmory lv80-metal coat
drill peck
swift
steel wing
fly

Chiki
07-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Almost all of your pokemon have all attack moves...there isn't a lot of strategic movesets. Like in Typhlosion, why have Flamethrower and Fire Blast? In Feraligatr, why have surf and hydro pump? In Ampharos, why have 3 electric moves? As you can see you have too many repetitive types, and should try and balance each pokemon, and not make it strong only in its own type.

Ice Vulture
07-08-2005, 10:00 PM
How can your Umbreon have Wish if it's in Crystal?

!CeMAn
07-08-2005, 10:01 PM
You shouldn't use the type boosters. Waste of an item because the boost is barely noticable. You should be better off usong things like leftovers(if you can score more than one or two), scope lens(if you can), mint berries, miracle berries.

Also, doubling up on same type moves is usually not a good idea. if you have Fire Blast, when would you use Flamethrower? Same goes for Hydro Pump & Surf. Again, waste of a move slot :wink:.

As for movesets, i'm not a great team rater but i noticed a couple things:
Skarmory is pretty good with a set like WW, Rest, Steel Wing and Drill Peck. You could even go for Toxic over SW or DP...

Ampharos, i think makes a decent sleep talker. Try it out:
Rest, Sleep Talk, Thunderbolt & HP Grass (or something :oops:). Other than that, try Thunder Wave, Attract, Thunderbolt, iron Tail, Rest, this guy has a few options. Mix and match.

What's up with Wish on Umbreon??

That's all :confused:... i'll let a professional take over!

Regice 2005
07-08-2005, 10:08 PM
1. level up to 100

now...

Typhlosion: flamethrower, thunder punch, earthquake, filler
Meganium: counter, toxic, leech seed, razor leaf
Feraligator: curse, rest, surf, earthquake
Ampheros: thunderbolt, reflect/light screen, hp ice, thunder wave
Umbreon: toxic, mean look, baton pass, moonlight
Skarmory: rest, drill peck, Whirl Wind, toxic

something along those lines. I"m not an expert of GSC so I might have suggested moves that can't be gotten in GSC.

Buff Aggron
07-09-2005, 04:51 AM
oops i meant moonlight instead for wish my bad. i've been playing too much ruby but went back to my favorite pokemon game :oops:

mlugia
07-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Cool, my most proficient version!

Typhlosion: Leftovers should be standard on everything unless you're going item clause, but even so I'd rather use something like mint berry or whatnot. Thunderpunch and Earthquake are good variety attacks, so they go over Fire blast and Quick attack, unless you would rather ditch Sunny day for Quick attack (Which is usable, but really only against flailers, or extremely low HP targets). Regardless, starting with this might not be a great idea, unless your opponent likes to open the game with spikes.

Feraligatr: I'm not a big fan of this beast, it's too physical based to be a water type. However, the premier set for a physical owning thing would be Curse/Earthquake/Rock Slide (Or Return)/Surf. Alternatively, you could pack roar for pseudohazing... If you curse, you MUST have leftovers, otherwise you can't gain back all the HP you lost.

Meganium: While you could go Dancing with it, I'm a bigger fan of its support abilities: Reflect, Safeguard, Light Screen, Leech Seed, etc. Thus, I would recommand Leech seed, Body Slam/Razor Leaf (Slam has a PAR that is nice), Reflect (or light screen), Synthesis. Of course, that's in no way the ideal set, but it's a decent set. Again, Leftovers is nice, unless you're item clausing.

Ampharos: Tbolt and Thunder WAVE should be staple, always go for the PAR. Fire punch and reflect are the other two in general, although Reflect can easily be taken off for ATTRACT for parattraction purposes.

Umbreon: Its attack power is 218, I think. That's awful. I'd just go with either the Charm/Toxic/Pursuit/Rest set, or the ML baton pass set. Note that ML baton passing works relatively rarely, because people usually send a pseudohazer against umby.

Skarm: Dpeck, Whirlwind, Rest, and either Toxic, Sand attack or Curse.

Overall: Starters are overrated. Megan is a decent UU/BL supporter, but the other two are relatively UU because of their capabilities. You do have a physical and a special tank, which are good, but your ability to sweep opponent seems to come down to whether or not Fera survives, since Blissey and Snorlax can outlast Amp and Typh (Special sweeper types) easily. Beware of spikes, and don't try to make the battle long, you'd lose in the end if you go that route, since that's when the TS teams really pick up steam.

Iceman3k
07-10-2005, 02:42 AM
i have the following. i'm open to criticism as well as complements...or changes you think i should apply on my team!

typhlosion lv80-charcoal
sunnyday
flametrower
fireblast
quickattack(it has helped alot on link battling believe it or not :oops: )
* - Thunderpunch over Fire Blast.

feraligtr lv80-never melt ice or something
icepunch(my dragon killer right here)
dig
surf
hydro pump
* - Ice Beam over Ice Punch (since it's Crystal Version), Earthquake over Dig, and something (most likely Return) over Hydro Pump.

meganium lv 80-miracle seed
bodyslam
razorlaef
solarbeam
poison powder
* - Since you wasted Sunny Day, Solarbeam's useless. Poisonpowder, also useless. Do Toxic over Poisonpowder, and Return over Body Slam.

ampharos lv80-magnet
thunderbolt
irontail
thunder
thunderpunch (open to suggestion on this moveset)
* - Fire Punch over Thunderpunch, Curse over Iron Tail, and Return over Thunder.

umbreon lv 80-leftovers
shadow ball
psychic
wish
quick attack (maybe luck is on my side because it has also saved me couless times during link battling)
* - Umbreon can't get wish in Crystal o_O
Do Toxic, Mean Look, Baton Pass, and... Confuse Ray I guess for stalling out.

skarmory lv80-metal coat
drill peck
swift
steel wing
fly
* - Curse over Fly, and Agility over Swift. Risky, but effective combo. Only send it against Physical attackers for the combo.
Done.