PDA

View Full Version : team suggestions

KantoKid
07-09-2005, 12:23 AM
I have quilava ledyba and onix and im heading into the first cave(dont rmember the names) its the one below the ruins of alpha or w/e. i know im gonn ahave trouble getting through the cave cus people have onix's and stuff in battle so im stuck. what pokemon should i get? i go fishin gbut all i can get is magicarp and i really hate wooper but he might be my only way to get through the cave.

Matt
07-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Magikarp would actually be a good suggestion. I'm raising one from level five at the moment in my blue version, and it's very close to evolving. gyarados is killer (though it doesn't learn a water move until level 40, so forget that.) Wooper is also good once you evolve it. It knows water gun off the bat, and its ground moves can also be killer against those pesky rock types.

Dark Mudkip
07-09-2005, 05:19 PM
I think you can get a bellsprout near, I SUGGEST to get one until you pass the cave and then train a magikarp.

ITS ONLY A SUGGESTION.

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-09-2005, 06:45 PM
Ummmmm......... dosen't this belong in GB Strategy and Movesets board?

mlugia
07-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Since Ledian's best use is to breed baton pass to Scyther, I'd just ditch the bugger off the bat. If you're worried about Onix and Geodude, you can either Level Quil a bit more (Ember is decent against them, despite type disadvantage), or catch a Bellsprout/Wooper. If neither of the pokemon sound tempting, Magikarp requires Lv 20 to Evolve, and a LV 20 Quil would have no problem with the cave, so I wouldn't suggest it.

If you don't care about TMs, use Mud slap on Quil, and it should even the odds greatly.

!CeMAn
07-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Aren't there Poliwags running around at night between Cherry Grove and Violet? Grab one of them, dude. A Poliwrath is a fine Pokemon to raise. Strength & Surf/ Whirlpool/ Waterfall slave right there.

Highwind
07-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Aren't there Poliwags running around at night between Cherry Grove and Violet? Grab one of them, dude. A Poliwrath is a fine Pokemon to raise. Strength & Surf/ Whirlpool/ Waterfall slave right there.

Poliwags only patrol the grasses between Violet and Cherrygrove on Crystal, not Gold or Silver. But Kantokid didn't say which version he had :goofy:

!CeMAn
07-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Poliwags only patrol the grasses between Violet and Cherrygrove on Crystal, not Gold or Silver. But Kantokid didn't say which version he had :goofy:

My bad, i guess :susp: ...

Aren't there any on silver?? i have silver too and i'm sure i saw them!