PDA

View Full Version : my ruby team to be.

snorlax
07-09-2005, 12:17 PM
what would be good move sets for these pokemon that i am going to train up.

its a bit wierd but i choose my team to match things i like in real life
e.g ghosts, serpents(dinosaurs,snakes,lizards etc..) speed(fast pokemon like ninjask) i kind of like insects etc aswell,(i like defensive style of playing also) so i am gonna choose my team to kind of fit what i like
anyway here it is.

Shedinja(male) (ghost, almost invincible)
Ninjask(male) (fast and a bugwith high attack power)
Seviper (male) (serpent- snake, and high attack power)
Dusclops (female)(defence)(try and put a defensive strategy on this pkmn)
relicanth (male) (ancient)
zangoose (male) (fast attacks and high attack power, and also looks cool.)

any help appreciated. also when making the movesets, cud you say how to get thoses moves(inherit,tm (i dont know my tm's lol), level up and learn etc.. )

thnks in advance

Maire
07-09-2005, 01:08 PM
I've never trained the others, but in terms of Shedinja, I find Shadow Ball/Silver Wind/Confuse Ray/Toxic to be a good moveset. To get Silver Wind and Toxic, train a male Dustox to level 38 and breed.

Matt
07-09-2005, 01:47 PM
I recommend not using Shedinja. Any dark, fire, flying, ghost, or rock move will kill it in one hit.

Dragon_Seeker
07-09-2005, 02:52 PM
I recommend not using Shedinja. Any dark, fire, flying, ghost, or rock move will kill it in one hit.

You forgot Spikes, Sandstorm, Toxic, Burn, Leech Seed, etc.

Anywho...

Shedinja
@Lum Berry
~Silver Wind / Hidden Power [Bug]
~Shadow Ball
~Protect / Agility / Swords Dance
~Protect / Toxic

Grudge, Confuse Ray, Hidden Power [Fighting] (assuming you have it), Thief and Spite are also fun although the only one worth using is Confuse Ray.

Ninjask
@Leftovers
~Swords Dance
~Substitute
~Silver Wind / Hidden Power [Bug] / Hidden Power [Flying] / Aerial Ace
~Baton Pass

Simple enough... Choice Band with Silver Wind, HP Flying, Shadow Ball and some random attack is okay for finishing weak stuff... you could also try to sweep but he gets walled easily (and is fragile as hell).

Seviper
@Leftovers
~Glare / Hidden Power [Ghost] / Crunch
~Sludge Bomb
~Flamethrower
~Earthquake

Arbok >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Seviper

Dusclops
@Leftovers
~Will-O-Wisp
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Punch / Seismic Toss
~Pain Split

Or you could drop Focus Punch/Seismic Toss and Shadow Ball for Ice Beam and Calm Mind and go ape on special abusers. Mean Look + Curse + Will-O-Wisp/Protect + Rest also works wonders. And I mean *wonders*.

Relicanth
@Leftovers
~Yawn
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide / Ancient Power
~Double-Edge

Or go, if you have Swift Swim, Rain Dance + Hydro Pump + 2 moves... probably attacking moves. Or use Choice Band with 4 attacks.

Zangoose
@Leftovers
~Swords Dance
~Return
~Shadow Ball
~Quick Attack / Brick Break / Focus Punch

Yay. I like Quick Attack + Swords Dance but type coverage is cool too. Pick your poison. Endure/Substitute + Flail + Shadow Ball + Swords Dance/Focus Punch is also an option if you can get a Salac Berry but it's too much effort to pull off ingame... Baton Passing a Speed Boost would work in place of Salac Berry though...

IT
07-09-2005, 03:01 PM
For Relicanth a more tank-like moveset:

Relicanth@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Ablility:Rock Head
Nature: sp def / def raising and spd decreasing
Moves:
-Rest
-Sleep Talk/Amnesia
-Ancient Power/Rock Slide/Earthquake
-Hydro Pump/Ice Beam

Amnesia if your opponent is weak against you, say fire type, you'll have time to amnesia up and rest and then start sweeping.

But if no amnesia, then sleep talking actually works for this guy, I used it, well ingame but against friends as well.

snorlax
07-09-2005, 09:24 PM
thnks for all the help, it seems tht the move sets are pretty basic and simple to get, all i gotta do is choose the moveset type for relicanth(tank/sweep)
i tried to be a bit more creative than i normally do with this team ive chose.
any more help will help also.
shedinja aint tht great but i aint reli bothered how gd or bad they are, i train them cuz theyre my fav and i always try to get the best oput of them.
just wanted to say. lol.

thnks

snorlax
07-10-2005, 10:09 AM
i just 4t of something, if shedinja gets attacked by a super effective move and shedinja is holding focus band, is there a chance tht shedinja wont faint?
becuz of focus band?