PDA

View Full Version : Kayden despises her computer.

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-09-2005, 07:20 PM
Okay, here's the lowdown:

I have a Dell running on a Windows XP Home Edition Op. System.
EVERY time I open up Paint Shop Pro, my comp goes crazy.
First, it freezes. Yea, yea, it happens all the time, but it gets worse.
But then, it says the keyboard is not responding. I check all the wires and everything and it seems to be fine. Then the blue screen of death apeers, and it says "Windows XP has recovered from a fatal error. Please contact Dell for futher options." Damnit. I only wanted to make a banner.... Anyway, I turn off the comp. Dosen't work. I turn off the WHOLE power supply. Dosen't work. So I finally got my dad, a computer genius, to fix it. So yeah, now I know how to, but it's really getting annoying now.....damn.

Chiki
07-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Ugh, that must really suck...i'm glad I got a toshiba laptop over a dell. My dad has one and is always having problems with it. Mine works just fine, and I love it.

FarinaPegKnight
07-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I get the same blue screen if my comp gets frozen sometimes. It really sucks. But the blue screen says this drive isnt working blah blah. Dell sucks xD.

plasmaball3000
07-09-2005, 09:29 PM
I have my mom's old Dell laptop, and it malfunctions all the time. Every other time I open up Word, it freezes and I have to restart. Other times it will shut down on it's own and I'll lose half a page of typing. The battery keeps falling out, the screen casing's coming loose.

Nevertheless, I'm glad I have a Dell. My family used to have a Gateway, and somehow that turned out to be worse than the laptop I have now. Arg, if only we could all buy Apples. :susp:

Visual
07-09-2005, 09:46 PM
I say we all get Alienwares. :cool:

mlugia
07-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Maybe it's a problem with driver configuration. Although if this happens even if you've reformatted the comp, then it might be a hardware incompatibility issue? Iono, I know the computer I have downstairs has a problem loading certain games. To the best of my knowledge, the motherboard and sound driver conflicts when loading said games >_> (Including GTA VC #$!@#$!)

Neo Emolga
07-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Alienware is expensive though. Still, they're far better than Dells.

And if you're really feeling up to it, build your own. The only thing is you definitely have to do your homework with that one. Still, with the help of my brother, we got two computers home built working just fine.

Chiki
07-10-2005, 12:09 AM
Alienware is expensive though. Still, they're far better than Dells.

And if you're really feeling up to it, build your own. The only thing is you definitely have to do your homework with that one. Still, with the help of my brother, we got two computers home built working just fine.
Yes, I would definetly recommend building your own. I went to a summer camp last summer at a college nearby to learn how to build a computer. It was a lot of fun and I got a computer with it! Lol, and it works really well and i've never had a problem with it so far.

Pidgeot79
07-10-2005, 02:29 AM

But then, it says the keyboard is not responding. I check all the wires and everything and it seems to be fine. Then the blue screen of death apeers, and it says "Windows XP has recovered from a fatal error. Please contact Dell for futher options." Damnit. I only wanted to make a banner.... Anyway, I turn off the comp. Dosen't work. I turn off the WHOLE power supply. Dosen't work. So I finally got my dad, a computer genius, to fix it. So yeah, now I know how to, but it's really getting annoying now.....damn.

Something like that happened to me on my old computer, but it happened when I used Paint.

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Ugh, that must really suck...i'm glad I got a toshiba laptop over a dell. My dad has one and is always having problems with it. Mine works just fine, and I love it.
Your'e damn right it sucks..... :susp:
About the build-your-own-comp thing, I'm going to a technology camp this week, so maybe we'll make our own.

Jack of Clovers
07-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Consumer Reports rate Dell pretty high and they're consistent through the years. Apple is above them.

I have two Dell comps at my house, no problems with them. the only problems were because my family and I did something to the old Dell (downloads and accidental deletions).
so, if your computer is freezing, it's most likely something that someone did to the computer. i suggest taking it to a computer place to have it checked out.

~Jack~

raficoten
07-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Dells pc are rubbish, on top of that they have a realy rubbish customer service!

Visual
07-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Yes, I would definetly recommend building your own. I went to a summer camp last summer at a college nearby to learn how to build a computer. It was a lot of fun and I got a computer with it! Lol, and it works really well and i've never had a problem with it so far.

...where do you live? :eek:

MystiKal
07-18-2005, 02:14 AM
Well your best bet is to get a Mac they have good prices and are really user friendly.

TMTS
07-18-2005, 02:55 AM
I've got a Dell, and it'll occasionally get a blue screen error thing but it's not much of a hastle. >>; They're fine for me, minus the fact my DVD drive's lense got jammed or something and I can't rip screenshots anymore....

..you may have a point.

Kenny_C.002
07-18-2005, 04:52 AM
Hmmmm.....looks like HP's best choice out of the non-apple companies then. My compaq (division of HP, if I recall) is about a year old and has a track record of 0 blue screens. I've heard that some Dells have been having these problems of crashing for ages. One of my neighbours actually had her Dell crash in the middle of the year...and that Dell was still pretty new. Customer service was fine tho, apparently.

Then again, there's worst...like Sony. lol

And Apple is VERY good, just that it's incompatible with 90% of the software out there (which is a mixed blessing), and the fact that its price is nearly 150% of the price of a PC of similar level. So while Apple's worth the extra thousand, well it's still a problem of price there.

Kayden Javlaíakín
07-19-2005, 07:45 PM
Guess what happened now.........

WARNING: Cursing........and lots of it.....

My computer is a f***ing retarded 7 year old ****ball.

I scanned for spyware. It scanned 32000 odd files then f***ing died. GUESS HOW MANY WERE INFECTED? 23.

It says "SORRY, too many programs, close about 50 or I'll stop working!" WHEN I HAVE 2 f***ING WINDOWS UP. >< THAT'S AOL AND A PAINT SHOP PRO CONVO.

Ads. I USE f***ING AOL, YET I GET f***ING UK ADS. WTFS? NO, I DON'T WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT IN 1 MONTH, NO I DON'T WANT TO WIN A FREE IPOD. f*** OFF!

"AOL has encountered an error becuase we feel like it, so restart AOL now or the computer will die"
WHAT THE f*** DID I DO? I WAS ON PE2K/EOF/WHATEVER, THEN THAT COMES UP. AOL GOES. COMP FREEZES. KAYDEN GETS PISSED. KEYBOARD GETS SLIGHTLY DAMAGED. SISTER GOES ******** TO DAD. DAD TELLS ME TO STFU. ET f***ING C.

I'm talking to someone over YIM/AIM. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH APPEARS, "WINDOWS HAS CAUSED A FATAL ERROR PRESS ANY KEY TO CONTINUE"
I press something. Nothing. ALTCTRLDLT. NOTHING. I turn off the shitball, and spend 15 minutes getting back on, because the f***tard CRASHES BEFORE THE DESKTOP IS LOADED. I KEEP WHOEVER I WAS SPEAKING TO WAITING FOR MY RETARDED PEIECE OF A COMPUTER TO START f***ING WORKING AGAIN.

ARGH... ><;;; T^T Just till the end of September... just till the end of f***ing September...

AND DON'T TELL ME TO GET PHOTOSHOP PLEASE, BECAUSE I WON'T!

Firestorm
07-20-2005, 02:26 PM
So I take it U don't like Dell? XP

I find my Dell computer works fine. No problems. But it was our origional, Reliable(*Clears throat*) computer that broke down. It went black. The thing was ruined so we had to get Dell. But they've worked fine and I've never got a blue screen. Strange...

Pokemon Trainer Kimahri
07-28-2005, 03:23 AM
I have apple,its an ibookg4 and its pretty good. its cool and i have Mac osX
panther 3.9. and it acts better than an xp.

Alyssa Picariello
10-13-2005, 04:19 AM

Follow these solutions

1. Scan for spyware with another spyware scanner. One scanner may not detect all the known spyware

2. Scan for viruses

3. If possible, add some more RAM. Computers will freeze or even crash if they don't have enough memory. 512 MB is the min for modern programs today.

4. Update your drivers, and also download updates from Windows Update. Also get updates for your Photoediting program to fix the bugs.

5. Get a firewall to prevent any future infections. If you use IE, you should switch to Opera or Firefox to reduce the spyware that comes into your PC.

I use a Dell Dimension 8400 for almost one year and haven't gotten one problem just yet. =p Free from spyware and viruses