PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Games

Gaia
06-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Series such as Street Fighter, Tekken and Soul Calibur have gained praise from the gaming community in the genre of fighting games since the 90's, and even now the fighting game genre continues to please us both with its plenty, offline content and also competitive/tournament play, in both arcades and online via console.

( Yes, for the sake of a thread introduction. :P )

Anyways, this thread will *unofficially* become -the- thread for talking about anything related to the fighting game genre, whether it be KoF's characters or Tekken's juggling combos. Or how 1P Ivy's bewbs in Soul Calibur IV are desperately trying to escape its tight straps...

So, anyone playing the Soul Calibur/Tekken series? :P

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
06-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Series such as Street Fighter, Tekken and Soul Calibur have gained praise from the gaming community in the genre of fighting games since the 90's, and even now the fighting game genre continues to please us both with its plenty, offline content and also competitive/tournament play, in both arcades and online via console.

Anyways, this thread will *unofficially* become -the- thread for talking about anything related to the fighting game genre, whether it be KoF's characters or Tekken's juggling combos. Or how 1P Ivy's bewbs in Soul Calibur IV are desperately trying to escape its tight straps...

Nope, not really.

And you forgot the King of Fighters. :P

Gaia
06-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, King of Fighter is definitely one of them of course ;)

Nirvash
06-13-2009, 10:54 PM
I play Street Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken, and King of Fighters (if my friend lets me borrow it at given time).

TeirusuFX
06-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I have played...

- Soul Edge/Soul Calibur
- Tekken
- Street Fighters
- King of Fighters
- Capcom vs. SNK
- Marvel vs. Capcom
- Bloody Roar
- Arcana Heart
- Guilty Gear
- Sonic the Fighters (if that really counts :O)
- Virtua Fighter

And one Japanese game whose name escapes me

♪マイルス♪
♫Mairusu♫

Vaughn
06-14-2009, 12:11 AM
That Soul Calibur game that just came out, Tekken, Street Fighter, and Fight Round.

Sakuya_Izayoi
06-14-2009, 12:22 AM
When I get the download, I'll play Scarlet Weather Rhapsody.

Yggdrasill
06-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Mortal Kombat <3

FATALITY! - Best quote in a fight game. Ever.

Operative
06-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Tekken is love <3

I was excited when I saw T6 on E3 Live. :D

Gaia
06-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Tekken is love <3

I was excited when I saw T6 on E3 Live. :D

I know <3. Can't wait to try out Julia and Roger Jr. and the new girl Zafina. There ain't any arcades here (well, arcades with the latest games anyway :P) so yeah. :D

George Jefferson
06-15-2009, 05:40 AM
-Street Fighter II': Hyper Fighting
-Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
-Street Fighter III: Third Strike
-Street Fighter IV

-King of Fighters 98, 98 UM, 2002, 2003, XI

-Tekken 3

-Soul Calibur IV

-Arcana Heart

-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

Pretty much all of them.

Nirvash
06-15-2009, 07:07 AM
-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core

AAAA ANOTHER GUILTY GEAR PLAYER.

You sir, are awesome.

George Jefferson
06-15-2009, 07:28 AM
AAAA ANOTHER GUILTY GEAR PLAYER.

You sir, are awesome.

I'm still a newb at it.

Gaia
06-15-2009, 08:48 AM
-Soul Calibur IV

You play online? :D If so, I'll add you on PSN.

George Jefferson
06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
You play online? :D If so, I'll add you on PSN.

I'm more of a 360 user.

That, and my internet connection is satellite.

Loyal Kingdra
06-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm not allowed to play anything over T so I probably couldn't play those games.

spid3r
06-16-2009, 06:34 AM
My favorite genre. I participate in tournaments all the time here in Miami. My main games I play are:
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter HD Remix
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Darkstalkers

I wish Marve vs Capcom 2 would hurry up and release on 360 so I can finally put away my Dreamcast version.

Oh and here's my baby that I play on.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rh8w45.jpg

George Jefferson
06-16-2009, 11:22 AM

Dude, that's so friggen sweet.

Teo
06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
My favorite genre. I participate in tournaments all the time here in Miami. My main games I play are:
Street Fighter IV
Street Fighter HD Remix
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Darkstalkers

I wish Marve vs Capcom 2 would hurry up and release on 360 so I can finally put away my Dreamcast version.

Oh and here's my baby that I play on.

Happ stick with Semitsu buttons? Kind of hard to tell at the angle or did you put a bat top on a JLF?

George Jefferson
06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
No, this thread can't die. I WON'T LET YOU. THIS IS THE SINGLE GREATEST THREAD EVER ON PE2K.

Also, Blazblue is supposedly out today.

Gaia
07-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Man, if you could make Dissidia Final Fantasy into a competitive level, I would soo drop SC and Tekken for that.

Cucumber
07-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is hands down my favorite fighting game. Strider is a BEAST.

CandleJack
07-08-2009, 12:30 PM
I usually play Marvel Vs Capcom 2, The Old Mortal Kombat Games, Soul Edge, Evil Zone, and King of Fighters.

Also, I sometimes play melty blood act cadenza if I'm in the mood to sift through dialouge.

George Jefferson
07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Man, if you could make Dissidia Final Fantasy into a competitive level, I would soo drop SC and Tekken for that.

A double post about Dissidia? Lolno.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 is hands down my favorite fighting game. Strider is a BEAST.

MAGNETO, JUGGERNAUT, CABLE

I usually play Marvel Vs Capcom 2, The Old Mortal Kombat Games, Soul Edge, Evil Zone, and King of Fighters.

Also, I sometimes play melty blood act cadenza if I'm in the mood to sift through dialouge.

Does anybody here actually know of BlazBlue?

spid3r
07-08-2009, 10:25 PM
If I'm competing than it's Cyclops, Storm, Sentinel. If it's just for fun than it's Cammy, Gambit, Jill.

I've played Blaz Blue, but I'm most likely not going to pick it up since I have Marvel vs Capcom 2 releasing in three weeks. Though Blaz Blue has a great netcode with a 6 man lobby.

TeirusuFX
07-09-2009, 12:12 AM
Isn't BlazBlue that fighting game made by the same staff of Guilty Gear for the PS3 an XBox 360?

My cousin just got it, I hope I can play it with him sometime. :/

Anyways, I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!!!

♪ピカチュウ♪
♫Pikachu♫

Minorin
07-18-2009, 02:11 AM
Soul Calibur and it's sequels. Classic Weapons Fighter FTW.
Tekken 3 and after.
Marvel VS Capcom.
Played BlazBlue at Anime Expo 09, it's pretty amazing but I don't think there's enough of a character selection for me to go out and buy it when it first comes out.

spid3r
07-18-2009, 05:12 PM
I wanted to go to EVO, but work was holding me back from going. :[

Oh well, live streams will have to do.

Elite Dialga
07-18-2009, 06:06 PM

Street Fighter IV here, man its simply epic, the game gives a warm welcome to cel-shaded graphics and exhibits the magic of the orignal street fighter, only hyped to an epic level! love it, totally! :biggrin:

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-19-2009, 03:19 AM
Street Fighter IV here, man its simply epic, the game gives a warm welcome to cel-shaded graphics and exhibits the magic of the orignal street fighter, only hyped to an epic level! love it, totally! :biggrin:

You said it. :cool:

Watching others play that game in arcades has an awesome feeling. =D