PDA

View Full Version : iPod White Screen of Death

Skottles
06-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Well yesterday I was listening to my iPod and all of a sudden the wheel and buttons stopped working but the music was still playing so I pulled the headphones out and it stopped. I just waited for it to turn off and left it alone. Later in the day It started working again and then stopped so I thought it might be better the next day. Well this morning I check my iPod and see the screen is all white and I cannot do anything with it. Anyone know what to do besides send it in to Apple?

MYSTRY MEW
06-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Well yesterday I was listening to my iPod and all of a sudden the wheel and buttons stopped working but the music was still playing so I pulled the headphones out and it stopped. I just waited for it to turn off and left it alone. Later in the day It started working again and then stopped so I thought it might be better the next day. Well this morning I check my iPod and see the screen is all white and I cannot do anything with it. Anyone know what to do besides send it in to Apple?

did you plug it into your computer at all? :3

Skottles
06-14-2009, 06:26 PM
Yes and I restored it to factory settings.

Charizard Michelle
06-14-2009, 06:27 PM
IF this is what I think it is then what you need to do is press the middle button and the play button or the middle button and the menu button. Hold those two buttons for a bit and it should go back to normal. You can do that or just reformat it by using iTunes. The reformatting is a bit easier and anybody can do it but that means you need to put all your music back into it.

Skottles
06-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Doing that resets the iPod which I have done numerous times with no results.

Sakuya_Izayoi
06-14-2009, 07:25 PM
You say you got the WSOD? Here's more info. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_screen_of_death)

Skottles
06-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Well my iPod has started to play music again but the screen is still white.

Sakuya_Izayoi
06-14-2009, 08:01 PM
Uh oh. The best thing to do is to send it to Microsoft. Just kidding, send it to Apple.

Skottles
06-14-2009, 08:04 PM
That's what I was planning on doing but I was wondering if anyone knew possibly another way to fix it.

Neo Emolga
06-17-2009, 10:05 PM
I got this once, and the only thing I needed to do was hold down the play/pause button, turn it completely off, and then turn it back on again. After that, it was fine.

I surprised this has been happening to quite a few other people. Still, there's a good reason why I'm not using a Mac computer...

Skottles
06-18-2009, 01:57 AM
A couple people I know have had it happen and there's were fixable by simple button pushing. Mine on the other hand needs to be sent into Apple for repair. Oh well will have new iPod in about a week. I changed the 8 on the back with a 16 to try to trick them :tongue:

Nirvash
06-19-2009, 08:43 PM
I got this once, and the only thing I needed to do was hold down the play/pause button, turn it completely off, and then turn it back on again. After that, it was fine.

I surprised this has been happening to quite a few other people. Still, there's a good reason why I'm not using a Mac computer...

Why are you not using a mac computer? :V

Neo Emolga
06-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Why are you not using a mac computer? :V

Because they're both made by Apple.

But that's a whole other discussion.

Hoshika
06-19-2009, 08:47 PM

Would you consider using a computer made by Strappleberry, then?

Oh by the way I thought my iPod died the first day I got it but it was only in sleep mode.

Nirvash
06-19-2009, 08:48 PM

What's wrong with apple? Q_Q I use macintosh computers, as well as PCs. I see nothing wrong with Macintosh since it's more open source!

Soda
06-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Uh oh. The best thing to do is to send it to Microsoft. Just kidding, send it to Apple.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

I've gotten the SWOD (Spinning Wheel Of Death) before but never a WSOD.

I've personally sent my iPod to apple before and it's not very complicated to get a new one. If all else fails, just send it there.