PDA

View Full Version : Tim Burton Movies

Visual
07-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Why is it that EVERY SINGLE new Tim Burton movie stars Johnny Depp? To me, it's getting a little weird...and annoying. :neutral:

Miravana
07-10-2005, 08:59 PM
You do realise that Johnny Depp has been in earlier Tim Burton films, too, right?

And I don't mind.. I think he'll rock doing the voice of Victor in The Corpse Bride. I have no interest in the remake of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.

Gene Wilder owns Johnny Depp at Willy Wonka.

Visual
07-10-2005, 10:35 PM
You do realise that Johnny Depp has been in earlier Tim Burton films, too, right?

And I don't mind.. I think he'll rock doing the voice of Victor in The Corpse Bride. I have no interest in the remake of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory.

Gene Wilder owns Johnny Depp at Willy Wonka.

Yes, I do know.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's gonna suck.

Raine
07-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Yes, I do know.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory's gonna suck.

Agreed.

I didn't like the original one either. >_>

Visual
07-11-2005, 03:57 PM
Well that's because you just fail at life.

Miravana
07-11-2005, 05:14 PM
The original one pwns... Greatly.

Visual
07-11-2005, 05:56 PM
The original one pwns... Greatly.

Indeed it does. Without it, we would lack the knowledge of the existence of snozzberries.

plasmaball3000
07-11-2005, 07:48 PM
The original movie contained some things that were disturbing if you watched the movie at any age over 12, but the new one looks like an entirely disturbing evil-carnival dream or something. Willy Wonka can't be rude! He's strange and unconventional, but he looks terrible in the new version!

Miravana
07-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Johnny Depp looks like Michael Jackson in the previews. This disturbs me.

Let's go get some fizzy lifting drinks. Riiiiiiight... Now. *Sprints away*

Visual
07-12-2005, 04:57 PM
The original movie contained some things that were disturbing if you watched the movie at any age over 12, but the new one looks like an entirely disturbing evil-carnival dream or something. Willy Wonka can't be rude! He's strange and unconventional, but he looks terrible in the new version!

That's right, that bothered me too...he's all crazy-psycho, instead of the witty, strange, peculiar Wonka from the old flick.

Pryce
07-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah, the earlier movie is indeed much better than this new one, everyone can tell that. The only reason I think anyone is going to see it is 1) Big fans of Depp who want to see and own every movie he's in even if it might be for 5 seconds or less and 2) Because it's a Tim Burton movie.

I might go see it, but probably not. I love Tim Burton, but... his more recent stuff bothers me... I love his earlier stuff. Some of his earlier creations might never die such as Edward Scissorhands and The Nightmare Before Christmas which indeed are two of my most favorite movies at the moment. He is also my favorite poet. I've memoriesed a lot of his short story poems.

MystiKal
07-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Actually Charlie and The Chocolate Factory will be better then the orginal since in this one their going by the book a lot more. Seeing how I liked the book better then the orginal.

Visual
07-19-2005, 12:18 AM
Actually Charlie and The Chocolate Factory will be better then the orginal since in this one their going by the book a lot more. Seeing how I liked the book better then the orginal.

Yeah, my home-made Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will be better than the original too, because I'm writing the script copied from the book. :rolleyes:

I think Tim Burton's noticed the idiot cult following of Mallcores and wannabe "Goths" and rebellious adolescents, so he's moving in a direction to please his audience. Sellout.

ChainGangSoldier932
08-08-2005, 07:08 PM
i saw charlie and the chocolate factory and it was disturbing. funny but disturbing. i think willy is a perv in that movie.

Seawolf
08-08-2005, 09:16 PM
I also saw the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and it wasn't bad at all. Pretty funny, actually. Depp's Willy Wonka is not as great as Wilder's was, but he's still eccentric and sometimes over-the-top. Otherwise, it was a pretty worthy Burton flick...I saw nothing "sell-out"-ish about this movie, by the way, I think Burton just wanted to make the movie closer to the book.

I think Corpse Bride's going to be pretty awesome. :cool:

ChainGangSoldier932
08-08-2005, 09:39 PM
True it was good but it was still perved.

!CeMAn
08-09-2005, 04:29 AM
I like Tim Burton's movies. Well, i haven't seen many of the recent ones, but i like how he adds that gloomy, gothic touch to them. Perhaps he wanted to put his own spin on the Wonka character, just as director's put their own spin on Shakespeare's plays in modern flicks. It's not selling out, he ALWAYS makes movies like that :tongue:.

As for Johnny Depp... well, let's just say he... "works" for Burton. Ever notice how he hasn't aged in 20 years?? :wink: :susp: :wink: