PDA

View Full Version : UU team help

Finglonger
07-10-2005, 10:48 PM
This is my new favorite team, mainly used to fight other uu teams, but it has take down some standards...Im open to suggestions, I found that I get easily pwned if mantine gets taken out, the team is fairly dependent on him for spec tanking ;_;

Stantler (F) @ Choice Band ** skank
Trait: Intimidate
EVs:4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd/
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk

_ got this from a friend, sleep talk is there because jynx is everywhere on uu teams, and choice banded sleep talk is actually pretty awesome. I thought of return over DE, but Stantler really isnt meant to last...

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Band ** ska billy
Trait: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Hi Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Rock Slide

-I used to start him, but hes too fragile, hes a beast late game though, too bad he doesnt get fake out ;_;

Lunatone @ Leftovers ** Kids table
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 136 Def / 188 SAtk / 28 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Lunatone is awesome, gotta love him.

Sandslash (M) @ Leftovers ** Big D
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 72 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

counter can bounce back quite a bit with decent hp and good defense, it can be a killer if he gets the chance to set up.

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers ** Skankleupegus
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 36 HP / 192 Def / 232 SAtk / 48 SDef
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

- BL actually, but I use him anyways, volt absorb goes nicely with mantine, and par support is good for this team
Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 36 SAtk / 84 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

<3 mantine, even with the 4x weakness most stab tbolts cant take him down in one hit, plus its nice to bring him in for the easy water absorb. walls suicine like no other, although I dont really expect to fight too many of those.

Half a Dollar
07-10-2005, 10:54 PM
I would probably replace DE with Return on Stantler.

DE+Stab+Max ATT+1/3 damage to you= Not that good, because Stantler can't take many hits.

If you don't get Faked Out much, you should replace Mach Punch with Brick Break, unless MP is used for taking out Endure/Reversal Pokemon.

Finglonger
07-10-2005, 10:56 PM
you got it nick, mp is there for that reason, plus I already have Hi-Jump kick, dont need brick break : P. yeah Im considering return on stantler, hes not really meant to last long though...I dont know

DragonKing
07-11-2005, 12:47 AM
My Stantler (Return/Shadow Ball/Earthquake/Hidden Power [Rock]) is meant to last a little while. He's the cbmence of the uu metagame and is difficult to take out. If you want him to die quickly, you might as well replace DE or Sleep Talk with Hyper Beam. :biggrin: What makes you think Stantler shouldn't last long? Take care.

Finglonger
07-11-2005, 12:56 AM
I see your point, also what is the point of hp ground if you have eq?

Forsety
07-11-2005, 12:10 PM
Personally I like going with the T-wave/Swagger/Psych Up/Return Stantler, its just so fun but Choice Band does the same with less chance and luck. Or C-Ray/T-wave Stantler, it tends to last a long time.....

Anyway I'm going to criticize you on the fact you have 2 choice banders....and thats it really.....the tetra absorb aspects of the team really cover most weaknesses

DragonKing
07-11-2005, 12:54 PM
I see your point, also what is the point of hp ground if you have eq?
I meant rock. Sorry, lol.

As far as using two CBers, I don't mind as long as they have different roles. For example, I use CB Solrock to counter other CBers, but my Stantler is an offensive CBer. Finglonger has two offensive CBers, so I see what you mean.

Forsety
07-11-2005, 01:32 PM
If anything I think Stantler is the unnecessary CBer there......he could actually do more than just choice band. Especially with a good trait like that I question the actual need for 2 choicebanders and whether saying hes not meant to stick around is wise.

Stantler is capable of lasting, and hes gone offensive but Stantlers strong point is support, you look at his movepool and see he packs strong support and status moves as well as attacks.

I should also point out he also has 3 kinds of conflicting status moves, Sleep, Poison and Paralysis. I don't think thats an good idea.....2 is enough really...

Although its nothing really worth picking out, general mish mesh of teams work wonders if you know what your doing since they adapt to situations better than mainstream competitive teams which are screwed second you use non standards. Pretty much my reason for only using UU since I can adapt better.

chaos_on_the_internet
07-11-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't see much use for Ice Beam on Lanturn, i'd rather go for Confuse Ray. Hidden Power Rock is useless on Stantler, Return and Double-Edge will do more in most situations.

Forsety
07-11-2005, 05:37 PM
Well I hate Ice Beam on Lanturn personally......but people really hold boltbeaming in high regard and Lanturn gets STAB on Thunderbolt at least.

The End
07-11-2005, 06:26 PM
if you have problems with spec tanking then maybe you should put lightscreen on lanturn/mantine

also i prefer hitmontop over lee for the fact of intimidate.

you have lanturn to absorb pesky twaves

DragonKing
07-11-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't see much use for Ice Beam on Lanturn, i'd rather go for Confuse Ray. Hidden Power Rock is useless on Stantler, Return and Double-Edge will do more in most situations.
The set is Return/SB/EQ/HP Rock. The last attack is solely for Solrock and Lunatone because Solrock is almost always the pokemon my opponent sends out against Stantler if they have it. What would you suggest instead of HP Rock? Take care.

Forsety
07-11-2005, 11:32 PM
Doesn't HP Steel also work? But I wouldn't care since Stantlers available moves are good enough really as it is.

Loyal Arcanine
07-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Yes, HP Steel on Regirock does work. I saw it catch an Aerodactyl off-guard.

Finglonger
07-12-2005, 12:57 AM
The set is Return/SB/EQ/HP Rock. The last attack is solely for Solrock and Lunatone because Solrock is almost always the pokemon my opponent sends out against Stantler if they have it. What would you suggest instead of HP Rock? Take care.

uh, you would use shadow ball : P

and yeah I may make over stantler completely and make it more support.

Ive already replaced ice beam with confuse ray on lanturn : P

goofball
07-12-2005, 02:24 AM
This is my new favorite team, mainly used to fight other uu teams, but it has take down some standards...Im open to suggestions, I found that I get easily pwned if mantine gets taken out, the team is fairly dependent on him for spec tanking ;_;

Stantler (F) @ Choice Band ** skank
Trait: Intimidate
EVs:4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spd/
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Sleep Talk

_ got this from a friend, sleep talk is there because jynx is everywhere on uu teams, and choice banded sleep talk is actually pretty awesome. I thought of return over DE, but Stantler really isnt meant to last...

I don't like cb stantler for some reason. I like hypnosis return eq c-ray/shadow ball imo but if you want to keep it as a cber then its good.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Choice Band ** ska billy
Trait: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Hi Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Rock Slide

-I used to start him, but hes too fragile, hes a beast late game though, too bad he doesnt get fake out ;_;

Oh you have 2 cbers i would really change one of that most likely stantler. Otherwise its fine.

Lunatone @ Leftovers ** Kids table
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 156 HP / 136 Def / 188 SAtk / 28 SDef
- Calm Mind
- Hypnosis
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Lunatone is awesome, gotta love him.

meh standard

Sandslash (M) @ Leftovers ** Big D
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Def / 72 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance

counter can bounce back quite a bit with decent hp and good defense, it can be a killer if he gets the chance to set up.

i use the same set :)

Lanturn (F) @ Leftovers ** Skankleupegus
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 36 HP / 192 Def / 232 SAtk / 48 SDef
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

- BL actually, but I use him anyways, volt absorb goes nicely with mantine, and par support is good for this team

good tho i would like more special def then att as imo this is your only true special sponge.

Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 36 SAtk / 84 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Haze
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

<3 mantine, even with the 4x weakness most stab tbolts cant take him down in one hit, plus its nice to bring him in for the easy water absorb. walls suicine like no other, although I dont really expect to fight too many of those.

heh imo mantine is a waste imo since you already have lanturn. I suggest something to help you with defense mainly against fighters.

Hi fing.

DragonKing
07-13-2005, 02:55 AM
uh, you would use shadow ball : P
Strange. Now I wonder why I chose HP Rock. Maybe I was scared of Butterfree when I made my team. :oops: Hyper Beam could work as a pseudo-Explosion when Stantler is about to die. That's the one time I've ever considered Hyper Beam btw. Take care.