PDA

View Full Version : Emerald Team

Regice 2005
07-11-2005, 05:48 PM
yeah I know I already have a thread at the top, but I recently obtained emerald and am trying to put together a good team.
Ok here goes...

Salamence (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast/Return
- Rock Slide

Choice Band mence. Not sure wether fire blast should be up there. Since I doubt I"ll get hp flying return has the highest base power.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 140 HP / 176 Atk / 56 SAtk / 138 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Roar
- Surf

Not sure about this thing's evs. The spread is the same one I use for cursing swampert but I desperately needed a phazer and had no slots open. :neutral:

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Metal Sound
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

needed something to beat skarmbliss...losing hp _____ hurts...

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 232 HP / 216 Def / 60 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

One of my favorites. Not changing it at all! Simply put it here to see if it had an impact on how the rest of my team should be tweaked.

Metagross @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Meteor Mash

I think its the standard. I guess it would work quiet well in tandem with magneton.

Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 146 SAtk / 96 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Thunderbolt

Standardish...

The really big problem with this team is swampert. I'm at a complete loss as to its ev spread.

Flamekien
07-12-2005, 03:24 AM
What Levels Are They At? :eh:

Nemesis
07-12-2005, 04:54 AM
Flamekien please read the rules: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68

Other than that I can't really say to much about your team... ...I personally like Psych Up Regice, for it laughs at a lot of the common CMers... ...maybe you'll get lucky with maggy and get HP: Grass/Fire/Ice... ...IMO you should probably go with return on CB mence since you have Maggy to take care of Skarm... ...I don't really no much about Swampert so I can't really help you with it... ...everything else looks fine, tough I'd still recomend that you don't use that Miltank set...

Flamekien
07-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Sorry I didn't See That :oops:

Regice 2005
07-12-2005, 03:15 PM
thanks for the help Nemisis.
I'm still looking for suggestions on swampert or whether or not to switch someone out for a different phazer.

mlugia
07-12-2005, 03:17 PM
Regice's toxic seems rather pointless if you're not doing anything else to induce the switch-factor. Since Toxic's poison doesn't become a major factor for at least 3 turns, you're not really accomplishing much with it, are you? :/ I'd agree with Nemesis on either Psych upping or counter or Twave or something.

Edit: I'm almost inclined to say skarm as a phazer :p But really, maybe you don't need a Phazer at all? If it's Mean look you worry about, you can just try to take Umby down by uh... switching in Menance or something. If it's stat upping, I'm sure CM isn't much of a threat when you can OHKO most CMers with, again, Menance or Gross.

Just a thought, keep in mind I'm rusty as hell.

Regice 2005
07-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Regice's toxic seems rather pointless if you're not doing anything else to induce the switch-factor. Since Toxic's poison doesn't become a major factor for at least 3 turns, you're not really accomplishing much with it, are you? :/ I'd agree with Nemesis on either Psych upping or counter or Twave or something.

heh... Toxic-regice used to work better on my old netbattle team where I had skarm's spikes to back him up... I might put skarm into this team though I'm truely at a loss as to where... I don't want to take out miltank or metagross and with those three in one team I'd have 3 pokes with huge defences and I'm a stickler for balence. :ermm: ... I"m probably gonna change to psych up since miltank and maggy already provide para-support.
So now I just need a new ev spread for swampert.

Deoxysfan3
07-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I would get rid of Roar on Swampert and put Curse in its place. :smile:

DragonKing
07-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Deoxysfan, he would be lacking a pseudo-hazer on this team, so he adapted Swampert for the role. Standards aren't always better than non-standards (although they usually are); it depends on the team. Besides, this Swampert set has the element of surprise. I once used Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Roar on Venusaur. :biggrin: Take care.

orangekows
07-13-2005, 10:29 PM
if you are gonna give swampert a set like that, just use suicune.

Regice 2005
07-14-2005, 03:36 PM
if you are gonna give swampert a set like that, just use suicune.
emerald....

orangekows
07-14-2005, 11:52 PM
can you trade?