PDA

View Full Version : New Avatar Movie

Fierce Deity
06-26-2009, 12:26 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/

The cast sucks ass. @_@

I must admit that the bending is nice judging by the trailer.

Vaughn
06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Eww, Aang looks weird.

Gokudera-Kun
06-26-2009, 01:33 PM
I can't see the trailer, my internet is bad. ;_;

Still, I wonder if this is basically the show condensed, or if it is a whole new plot. I remember watching Nickolodeon's marathon. The first and last I ever heard of Avatar until now. I have to say, it really picked up in the end.

Vaughn
06-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Though I said that the cats sucks, like FD said, I like the bending, as well, like FD said. xD

Fire Nation ships looks real and awesome.

-PK
06-26-2009, 02:12 PM
YESYESYESYESYESYES.

I want the movie right now. ;_; I hope it doesn't suck, which I bet it will.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
06-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Avatar movie. I was perplexed until I saw the word Aang. Sheesh, the thread title should've been "New Avatar Aang Movie" instead. >_>

But whatever. The movie seems interesting. Maybe I should go watch it. :9 Never watched Aang before though... :X

Pokemon_Ron
07-10-2009, 08:19 PM
ehhh ill probably not watch. avatar looks.....weird

i will admit that avatar was cool like 3 years ago

scubasteveE
07-11-2009, 04:59 AM
Avatar: The Last Air Bender was a pretty good anime, imo.
But people are already saying that this will fail like DB:Evolution, which if you think that, then I must say, you're an idiot.

Also M. Knight Shamwow is "some what" respectable as a director.

Professor Geoffrey
07-13-2009, 06:55 PM
I heard about this about a year ago. It was talked about, and I believe I even made a thread about it... I don't remember, but it was months and months ago. D:

I was originally upset, but once I saw the trailer... when they restrict that much from your eyes, you know it has something good about it. Like the music and the bending.

We should be thankful that Jesse McCartney turned down the role for Sokka. It would have been horrible if he accepted. Roxas is one thing; Sokka is not. ;__;

I'm curious. But I plan to see it. 0___o

TayyabX
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Finally. :|

Judging by the trailer, and the time it took them to make it, I think it'll be really good. I agree that the cast do suck, but I still hope it's good. :P

Teo
07-19-2009, 04:46 AM
The idea of them making a Live Action movie is appealing! Though, knowing Hollywood...This movie is already doomed to fail and is hoping to make money off the name alone. Much like Transformers and X-Men.

Pika57
07-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Not only does the cast look as mismatched as the actors in that god awful live action Dragonball movie, the director is Shyamalan. This is prolly going to get ugly.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-19-2009, 05:30 AM
The idea of them making a Live Action movie is appealing! Though, knowing Hollywood...This movie is already doomed to fail and is hoping to make money off the name alone. Much like Transformers and X-Men.

Déjà vu, some?

I wouldn't call X-Men fail, though.

Not only does the cast look as mismatched as the actors in that god awful live action Dragonball movie, the director is Shyamalan. This is prolly going to get ugly.

O_o

Let's see.

Phantom Kat
07-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Wow, I'm kinda surprised and I'm kinda aren't.

The thing I'm hoping for is that they stay true to the characters as much as possible. No dead-serious Aang and Sokka or ditzy Katara, please. D: The bending does look nice, so I'm looking forward for extended trailers as Summer 2010 draws closer.

- Kat

Broderick
07-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Oh boy.
I want to see this, but at the same time I don't. Aang, from what I could see in the trailer acually looks quite true to the show, he's just slightly fatter than he should be. -.-
Though I'm sure it will fail, and I'm sure they'll crank at least 3 movies out of this series.
I'm gonna lol if they make a Live Action Spongebob movie next.
@Nero: THE CATS ARE GOING TO SUCK? WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?
edit: Excuse meh, Dr. House. :3

Willow
07-19-2009, 08:09 AM
I love avatar. I am really excited for this. I never saw the dragonball movie, but I will have to see this. Wait did the dragonball movie come out yet? maybe not. i need to see them both.

Lord Fedora
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
I can't see the trailer, my internet is bad. ;_;

Still, I wonder if this is basically the show condensed, or if it is a whole new plot. I remember watching Nickolodeon's marathon. The first and last I ever heard of Avatar until now. I have to say, it really picked up in the end.

Since poor Nyrugh went ignored, I'll answer. They're going to make three Live Action Movies, each one being one Book condensed into a single movie.

I was extremely excited about this. Then I heard about the casting. Now, I'm not going to see it. I joined the letter writing campaign, I sent in my letter, more than enough of us sent our letters, and still they ignored us by not replacing the actors. What makes it worse is that they obviously got the memo when they cast the other roles with non-white actors, but they didn't care enough to replace the main cast. So until they make an official apology and give a damn good explanation for what I can only see now as blatant racism, I am not going to see this movie, or any of its sequels featuring the same kind of cast. And I will say this now, and for the last time.

AANG AIN'T WHITE!

Gokudera-Kun
07-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks Khajmer.

So basically, Movie 1 will be boring, Movie 2 will be better and involve METAL, and Movie 3 will make you eat your face?

Lol, idc bout the actor/actresses really. I went to go see Transformers because of the Transformers, not Shia and Megan. As long as the bending is awesome, I'll see it.(On DVD of course, I dun wanna watch a live-action Nickolodeon movie in public :X)

Professor Geoffrey
07-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Thanks Khajmer.

So basically, Movie 1 will be boring, Movie 2 will be better and involve METAL, and Movie 3 will make you eat your face?

Lol, idc bout the actor/actresses really. I went to go see Transformers because of the Transformers, not Shia and Megan. As long as the bending is awesome, I'll see it.(On DVD of course, I dun wanna watch a live-action Nickolodeon movie in public :X)

I felt the same way when the Spiderwick Chronicles came out. Then I ate my words after the end of the movie. The movie was awesome. Dx

But I will see it in theaters, and not just the first one but all three, assuming there are only three, because I want to see the entire series.

Willow
07-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks Khajmer.

what? don't be a wuss. I'm gonna see it in theaters.

Lord Fedora
07-20-2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks Khajmer.

Yep, that about sums it up.

Actually it's not so much about who's in it specifically, it's a whole controversy over the fact that the main cast was all white actors (changed when Jesse backed out and Dev Patel got Zuko instead, but still) when the entire show is rooted deeply in Asian culture and the characters are Asian and Inuit. At first I attributed it to idiocy on the casting director's part, and joined the letter writing campaign designed to make sure they knew the issue. But like I said, they obviously got it and made an effort to appease us with the rest of the cast, but clearly don't actually care. Hence, I'm boycotting it.

Trainer17
07-20-2009, 08:57 AM
At least the graphics/element bending doesn't suck that much :happy:

Sixto
07-20-2009, 10:22 PM
The cast does seem a little "unknown" but I'll just have to wait and see before I can properly judge. I LOVED Avatar (the cartoon, there will be another movie named Avatar that has NOTHING to do with this) so I'm going to watch this for sure.

Willow
07-21-2009, 07:05 AM
I love unknown casts. I want to be one of those unknown one day, so I have to be supportive.

Lord Fedora
07-21-2009, 07:59 AM
*facepalm* it's not the fact that it's a cast of unknowns, it's the fact that the cast is white. The characters are not white. It is racism. It is wrong. I am boycotting.

Trainer17
07-21-2009, 08:17 AM
*facepalm* it's not the fact that it's a cast of unknowns, it's the fact that the cast is white. The characters are not white. It is racism. It is wrong. I am boycotting.

Katara is a blonde? gg. =/

Willow
07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Hello, heard of haid dye.

Lord Fedora
07-21-2009, 07:48 PM
Hello, heard of haid dye.
Yeah, that attitude is exactly the issue. White people don't look Asian, they never have looked Asian, and they never will look Asian. Not only that, but they shouldn't have to be made to look Asian because it should be Asian actors playing the roles, and not because it matches the characters better, but because those roles are Asian roles and the only reason to cast them with white actors is pure and simple racism.

Willow
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
I honestly don't like the avatar characters look Asian anyway. it is an American show right?

they all have pretty light hair and light eyes.

Lusankya
07-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh yeah, I saw the trailer for that in the previews before Transformers 2.

Lonsie
07-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Though I said that the cats sucks

Cats don't suck. D:

Really, though. This is going to turn out really stupid or really cool.

Lord Fedora
07-21-2009, 11:18 PM
I honestly don't like the avatar characters look Asian anyway. it is an American show right?

they all have pretty light hair and light eyes.
You may not like it, but how do you think little Asian children feel when they see that the characters in their favorite cartoon looks like them? You know, as opposed to the wonderbread that makes up about 95% of the rest of human cartoon casting. And when was the last time you say an Inuit cartoon character outside of Avatar?

And aside from that, the thing that makes Avatar such an amazing show is the incredible diversity. It's a very Asian inspired show, and every aspect of it is influenced by Asian culture, right down to the bending styles. The characters are meant to be Asian.

Willow
07-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Okay fine, you got me. I actually kinda agreed the whole time.I was just trying to be open mind. Of course Inuits shouldn't be playing by an Asian Either they look way different. (totally didn't know there were inuits.)

Alana Marie
07-21-2009, 11:56 PM
ComedeyFetish comcerical at the begining of my trailer made me giggle. xD

Anyway, I LOVED Avatar, still do, I watch rerunds on the weekends o.o

I can't wait to see it. Aang looks really funny to me, he actually looks kind of...sick. As in ill. O.o That is just my opinion.

The cast is...meh. But I can overlook that if the bending is awesome and they stick true the plot, rather than chaning it all up.

I loved that trailer. IF AIR BENDING IS THAT COOL CAN'T WAIT TO SEE FIRE BENDING<3

I also, wish to see that whole Blood bending thing if they continue making the movies. 8D Though it'd be sooo much cooler if they took the blood out of someone's body in a slow, painful way. Of course they wont'. :/ I forget that it was a Nickleodeon show. So no bloody violence for me. *sigh*

xD I am see it in theaters, I don't care who sees!

Hatchet
07-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Cats don't suck. D:

Really, though. This is going to turn out really stupid or really cool.

My money's on that this movie will be stupid. :3

If all goes horrible, they'll just raise our spirits and swiftly destroy them once we see the movie.

Lord Fedora
07-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Okay fine, you got me. I actually kinda agreed the whole time.I was just trying to be open mind. Of course Inuits shouldn't be playing by an Asian Either they look way different. (totally didn't know there were inuits.)
Water Tribes=Inuit
Earth Kingdom=Chinese
Fire Nation=Japanese
Air Nomads=Indian

Not geographically, of course, but those four ethnicities are what the four Nations were based on.

Edit: Also, I just rewatched the trailer and I have to wonder, why is Aang's arrow Bedazzled onto Noah Ringer's head? I realize they can't actually tattoo it, but they could at least make it look like a tattoo.

Kardas the Great
09-19-2009, 09:26 PM
WHHHHHYYYYYYY is this live action?! They just ruined the movie. I don't care if it's Shyamalan directing (even though he made my favorite movie), This movie is gonna suck!

jeebus4life
09-20-2009, 06:05 PM
this movie is going to be like the Dragonball Z movie horrible!

-Haribo-
09-20-2009, 06:52 PM
I Hate Avatar So I'm Not Gonna Like This.

Vaughn
09-20-2009, 07:11 PM
WHHHHHYYYYYYY is this live action?! They just ruined the movie. I don't care if it's Shyamalan directing (even though he made my favorite movie), This movie is gonna suck!

Kardas, don't revive threads.