PDA

View Full Version : Team for Collosseum

Grsspkmnmaster
06-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi, I just restarted my Collosseum file, and I was trying to figure out a good team.

I definitely want the following on my team:

Umbreon
Espeon
Typhlosion

What else should I get?

Willow
07-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Um. Maybe Flaffy, Quagsire, and Murkrow/Swablu.

There is a Tropious too.

manga1313
07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
tropius or other grass
ampharos
quagsire
typhlosion
umbreon
espeon
thts a well rounded team

Tranquil Leafeon
07-20-2009, 04:19 PM
tropius or other grass
ampharos
quagsire
typhlosion
umbreon
espeon
thts a well rounded team

He'll probably just want Jumpluff/Skiploom since Tropius is literally only there in the battle right before the final boss (or maybe two battles before), which is rather bad for a team he wants to use throughout the entire game. A Sunflora comes later once you get into the final stage, in case you decide that you hate Jumpluff and don't want it anymore but still want a Grass type. Everything else you said is perfectly good advice.

Willow
07-20-2009, 04:31 PM
But they are kind of on the not so good at battling list.

Tranquil Leafeon
07-20-2009, 05:16 PM
But they are kind of on the not so good at battling list.

I know. While they certainly aren't the best Pokemon, they will work fine until he can get Tropius.

Willow
07-20-2009, 05:39 PM
hmm, but it would just be better to use a different pokemon so it could level up, since as you said tropious omes late and he probably won't have time to purify it. I still recommend Altaria.

Brit134444
08-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Misdreavus always worked for me....or MILTANK!!!!

CHIMCHAR13
08-16-2009, 08:00 PM
He could also get a Bayleef if he wants a grass type? I'm pretty sure there's one near the beginning.

MYSTRY MEW
08-16-2009, 08:11 PM
He could also get a Bayleef if he wants a grass type? I'm pretty sure there's one near the beginning.

he can't use bayleef if he is using typhlosion

Operative
08-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Starmie is a must. ;D

Great stats an all. ^^;

MYSTRY MEW
08-16-2009, 08:31 PM
stantler really helped me, with his hypnosis and what-not

Grsspkmnmaster
08-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Where do I find a Flaafy?

Tranquil Leafeon
08-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Where do I find a Flaafy?

You can find it in Pyrite Town in Duel Square (I hope that's what its called, I forgot), under the possession of the female Rider on the left side. I don't remember her name. It's level 30.

SPPF_Max
08-28-2009, 11:18 PM
You can find it in Pyrite Town in Duel Square (I hope that's what its called, I forgot), under the possession of the female Rider on the left side. I don't remember her name. It's level 30.

Since I've played this game for the Game Cube many times, I'll be a help. The girl's name who holds the Shadow Pokemon Flaaffy name is Performer Diogo. All you have to do to hope to snag it is to get Flaaffy to paralyze himself with Espeon and Umbreon's Synchronize Ability when Flaaffy uses Thunder Wave which is obvious or Thundershock and if it paralyzes either one of those 2 Pokemon you started with, Espeon or Umbreon, it'll paralyze them but their Synchronize Ability will pass it on to Flaaffy and then I'd recommend a few Paralysis Heals that I'd be purchasing at the Poke Marts every now and then when I used to play Pokemon Colosseum, and wait for Flaaffy to use Shadow Rush all the way until he has about less than 5 Hit Points or is down to 2 or 1, and then you make it a lot easier to catch him that way. If Flaaffy is the first Pokemon you are snagging from the Duel Square, there are 5 other Shadow Pokemon from trainers to snag from.

Also to see a list of obtainable Shadow Pokemon, check here for some: http://www.serebii.net/colosseum/pokemon.shtml

It's from my most favorite site of all: serebii.net

Edit: To the above Poster, you are right. It is the Duel Square or the Pyrite City Street. I just checked on Serebii.

Also to the person asking for help with the Flaaffy, this is one of my best advice to give. Happy searching through that page and if you fail to snag one from the Duel Square, you'll hopefully have many more chances to snag them still. :)

Mitsuzo-kun
08-29-2009, 02:12 PM
Starmie is a must. ;D

Great stats an all. ^^;

Starmie's not in Colosseum. :3

A good tip for catching Pokemon early on is either to, yes, paralyze them with Synchronize/your own Thunderwave once you get Flaaffy, or to use Skiploom's Sleep Powder. Espeon's Reflect and Umbreon's Taunt can help out when you need to draw the battle out to slowly weaken the Shadow Pokemon.

As for team ideas, a large number of the Shadow Pokemon learn weather moves upon purification and can easily take advantage of this. I suggest building a weather-oriented team.

SPPF_Max
08-29-2009, 02:27 PM
he can't use bayleef if he is using typhlosion

That's why the game gives you a second chance to snag those 2 other Shadow Pokemon from Johto or were starters in Gold/Silver/Crystal over in the Realgam Tower thus you can catch all 3. And it's ok to use for example, per say Meganium and Typhlosion on the same team or even with Feraligatr. Let's just say they're all fully evolved by then.

Starmie's not in Colosseum. :3

Unless you trade from Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald or any other game that's out that contains Staryu or Starmie in it, you won't be using it in Pokemon Colosseum and all 48 Shadow Pokemon must be purified and you must have defeated the Realgam Tower too before you're able to trade first. You don't need to have defeated Mount Battle in Battle Mode or completed the 100-Trainer Knockout on 1 or 1 or 2 on 2, I think this is how this works but I haven't played the game in years so I wouldn't recall this. I think I'm right. If I'm not mistaken. But hey...

A good tip for catching Pokemon early on is either to, yes, paralyze them with Synchronize/your own Thunderwave once you get Flaaffy, or to use Skiploom's Sleep Powder. Espeon's Reflect and Umbreon's Taunt can help out when you need to draw the battle out to slowly weaken the Shadow Pokemon.

As for team ideas, a large number of the Shadow Pokemon learn weather moves upon purification and can easily take advantage of this. I suggest building a weather-oriented team.

Unless Skiploom actually still doesn't have his or her attacks yet because it still has Shadow Rush. I mean its Sleep Powder and the purple meter has to go down by 1 in order for Skiploom to have Sleep Powder, plus snagging Flaaffy wouldn't be so difficult if you weakened it, it got paralyzed and then you waited for it to be weakened. Purifying the Shadow Pokemon at the Relic Stone in Agate Village is the best way to make them stronger and only if they have battled and you don't use a Time Flute, they'll gain Experience Points and gain the ones that they missed while they were still Shadow Pokemon. And they gain their moves back for the benefit. Also are we talking about team ideas for a Pokemon Battle in the Battle Mode or team ideas for a Pokemon Battle in the Story Mode, because if number 1 out of 2 is the case, all Shadow Pokemon or the Shadow Pokemon you want to use must be purified.