PDA

View Full Version : good anime and manga

manga1313
06-28-2009, 01:54 PM
im really stuck
i cant think of a good anime to watch and a good manga to read
i dont want a manga tht goes on forever and i dont want one piece , bleach, naruto
can anyone suggest a manga or anime for me to watch please

Ryenne
07-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Death Note is pretty much the most gripping manga ever. Once you start it's hard to stop :P

scubasteveE
07-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Death Note is pretty much the most gripping manga ever. Once you start it's hard to stop :P
Yeah Death Note is good.

People say that Eden of East is this year's Death Note (I personally don't think it's that intense as DN) but I quite enjoyed it.

One that is currently airing that I'm loving is Guin Saga.

It would be easier if you tell us what type of anime/manga you like, Drama, Action, Fantasy, etc.

Pika57
07-04-2009, 06:14 AM
All of the below are Manga

Bio-Meat Nectar- Survival Horror and weird art, but plain awesome.

Yakitate Japan- Force yourself to read the first few chapters. If you aren't hooked, you're stupid.

Double Arts (Cancelled after 23 Chapters but go ahead and read it. The Author also published some great one-shots which you may want to look up)

If you aren't reading Fullmetal Alchemist get on it.

If you aren't reading One Piece get on it.

Gash(Zatch) Bell: Haven't had time to get through the whole thing, but its very good.

Code Geass: (k?)nightmare of Nunnally is a cool spin off of the original anime. There are some other Code Geass spin-offs, one of which is basically the show minus the mechs (ick) one is a Super Sentai sort of homage, and the fourth i haven't been able to find any scans of. Also if you haven't seen the Code Geass anime get on it.

xxxHolic: Great until later. Has crossovers with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle which are arguably the worst parts of the series, and unfortuneatly the parts most closely related to the plot...

Detective Conan: Read old chapters until you get bored with it. Then read the new chapters as they are released each week. (This manga is over 600 chapters and gets repetitive if read one after the other. You can go back and read the chapters you skipped later)

Pokemon Special: Hard to find decent scans and its a pretty campy manga all in all, but its pretty fun to read if just for the nuttiness of it.

Code Breaker: A fun if a bit generic shounen title.

Hayate no Gotoku (Hayate Combat Butler)- Hilarious gag shounen manga.

Heavy Fan Service Below:

Mahou Tsukai Kurohime: Good manga, publishes monthly. Main character is incredibly busty and wears incredibly revealing clothing.

Mahou Sensei Negima: Written by the author of Love Hina, but taken in a very different direction. It initially masquerades as a Romantic Harem Comedy (Like Love Hina), but branches into the most haremy Shounen battle series you have ever seen. A joke I've heard claims that the publishers (who, and this part is a fact, basically forced the writer to write another Love Hina-esque series rather than a battle manga), only noticed that the series had turned into a battle manga in the middle of its first DBZ style tournament arc. It just finished its second.(Really) Has an anime (which has a meh and sudden ending) a spin-off anime (which is quite a bit different from the other anime and the original manga) and a spin-off manga from the spin-off anime. (I am not making this up). Stick with the manga, and maybe parts of the original anime, as well as the upcoming OVA's which are based directly off the original anime.

Anime:

Not much into anime. I'll watch some, but most of it is just the manga but with more scenes where nothing happens. I do watch some original stuff, but besides the stuff mentioned above, I don't really have any anime to recommend.

Stuff NOT to read:
Bleach- Don't read it to spite it. Bleach has sucked for over a year. It hasn't had a chapter without fighting in that long, and it was basically nonstop fighting before that one ten chapter good part. (Which of all things was a FLASHBACK)

Mew Ichigo
07-09-2009, 06:02 AM

Aww, you stole mine :P

Good animes:

Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power

Vampire Knight

Full Metal Alchemist

Code Geass

Get Backers

Azumanga Daioh

Code Geass

Cowboy Bebop

Full Metal Panic

DN Angel

Bakugan

Pokemon

Peach Girl

Suzuka

Kiba

Ginga Densetsu Weed

Ginga Nagareboshi Gin

Gokudera-Kun
07-09-2009, 06:06 AM
Shaman King gets no love? :sad: I recommend it if spirits are your thing. But, I doubt it falls into the category of "a manga that doesn't go on forever". Seeing as I'm on Chapter 284 at the moment.

As for Anime, I can't really help you there.

ShionRasenka
08-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Here are some mangas:

1- The Demon Ororon (Angel vs. Demons, how can you NOT love the gorey goodness??)
2- Shaman King
3- Record of Lodoss War- The Grey Witch
4- Princess Ai
5- Code Geass- Lelouch of the Rellion
6- Code Geass- Suzaku of the Counterattack
7- Spiral
8- s-CRY-ed
9- Fullmetal Alchemist
10- Get Backers
11- Black Cat
12- Samurai Deeper Kyo

Yusuke007
08-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I recently bought, on i-tunes, the animes Pheonix and Black Jack. I haven't watched either of them yet but have heard that they were good. They are also manga if you wanted to pick them up as well.

Ironshell Blastoise
08-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Anime:
Gundam Wing
Wolf's Rain
hackdotsign
Animatrix
Cowboy Bebop
SAMURAI CHAMPLOO (OH JESUS THIS SHOW IS HOT)

Manga:
Battle Angel Alita
Street Fighter

jeebus4life
08-26-2009, 05:04 PM
here are some
1. Fullmetal Alchemist
2. Air Gear
3. Rave Master
4. D.Gray-Man
5. Fairy Tail
6. Vampire Knight
7. Yotsuba

Not into Anime much anymore but Eyeshield-21 is a pretty good anime.

Fluffy Mew
08-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Watch on youtube.

Shugo Chara!
Tokyo Mew Mew (Or Mew Mew Power, if you want the crappy 4kids version,which sucks..)