PDA

View Full Version : DS Help

Black Label
06-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry if this is not where it goes but I am having DS troubles.

Okay so I turn on my ds, play for a bit, then I want to turn off. So I slide the switch, and it wont shut off.

What the heck.

I keep trying but it wont shut off.

Do I need a new DS, battery or what?

Chromatic Alchemist
06-30-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm sorry if this is not where it goes but I am having DS troubles.

Okay so I turn on my ds, play for a bit, then I want to turn off. So I slide the switch, and it wont shut off.

What the heck.

I keep trying but it wont shut off.

Do I need a new DS, battery or what?

That's very queer.

Have you tiried taking the DS apart and examining the area around the switch?

Or did you possibly spill anything on it/drop the DS?

Black Label
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
That's very queer.

I'm afraid I'd screw it up if I tried.

I never spilled anything on it, and I dropped it about 6-12 months ago and it worked fine.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
06-30-2009, 02:18 PM
That's very queer.

Most likely a random problem with your DS. Get it fixed.

Have you been switching it on and off too many times?

Oh, btw, I don't think this is the correct place. Get it moved. :P

Black Label
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm able to go to Gamestop, do you think they could fix it at all?

Pokemon_Ron
07-01-2009, 06:45 AM
I'm able to go to Gamestop, do you think they could fix it at all?

ehh i dont think gamestop fixes systems.

SaixPuppy
07-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Did you try sliding the switch forward and holding it there for a few seconds?

Black Label
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Did you try sliding the switch forward and holding it there for a few seconds?

What the hell do you think I did in the first place? Really, that was pointless.

Anyway, I gave it to the dude at Gamestop, he messed with it for a few minutes, then he pulled out a DS the same color, and said, "I'm not supposed to do this, but you caught me on a good mood." And handed me the used DS.

I didn't have to pay anything either. Though, I'm still sad, it feel like I lost my baby.

Teo
07-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Even if you wanted to take apart the DS before you got the used one. You would need a Tri tip screw driver for roughly 5 screws.

If anything, the power switch just probably went out, it is possible to replace them. You'd just have to know where to find one at. If anything, all the GameStop employee is going to is send it to a place to get it refurbished so the power switch will operate again.

Black Label
07-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Anyway, I gave it to the dude at Gamestop, he messed with it for a few minutes, then he pulled out a DS the same color, and said, "I'm not supposed to do this, but you caught me on a good mood." And handed me the used DS.

I didn't have to pay anything either. Though, I'm still sad, it feel like I lost my baby.

Teo^

lol

This can be locked now, I don't think there is much more to talk about. Gamestop replaced it with a used one of good quality, except for a nasty scratch on the top. But at least it works.

Lady Of The Lake
07-01-2009, 02:00 PM
yesterday my DS snapped in half when i was pulling it back 2 play it, i dont think i will get a free DS for that haha lol ohh well

Pokemon_Ron
07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
yesterday my DS snapped in half when i was pulling it back 2 play it, i dont think i will get a free DS for that haha lol ohh well

ha same thing happenedd to my friend.

genofan96
07-02-2009, 02:53 PM
i destroyed my old one.it fell on concrete 7-15 times.i found a New DS on the street!it worked and had nicktoons unite in it!^.^