PDA

View Full Version : Professor Layton

manga1313
07-05-2009, 10:10 AM
hey i remeber when Layton came out it was all sold out. when i played it it was really good cept some puzzles were to hard:eek:
i ve preordered the next one but does anyone else actually gonna buy it and feel free to discuss it here

Seawolf
07-06-2009, 12:29 AM
I've been wanting to pick up the first one for awhile, but I can never find it in stores. It looks like such a fun game.

Vaughn
07-06-2009, 12:50 AM
I've tried the demos at GameStop.

diamondpearl876
07-06-2009, 02:00 AM
I've heard that it's a great game, but I'm not the biggest fan of puzzles so I don't think I'd really enjoy it that much.

TeirusuFX
07-06-2009, 07:30 PM
The game is very hard...and the extra puzzles are almost impossible for me. :O

Anyway, Professor Layton already has three games in its series in Japan. The Curious Village, the Diabolical Box, and the Final Time Journey. The next one in it's series is going to be the Specter's Flute, which will be released in Fall 2009 in Japan.

The current one they're translating to English is the Diabolical Box, and it is scheduled to be released on August 24, 2009.

I could torrent these myself, but this is one of the games you have to be able to read Japanese for, so I won't be able to understand it.

♪プルル看護長♪
♫Pururu Kangocho♫

scubasteveE
07-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Love puzzle games and Professor Layton is one of the best. I completed all the puzzles except for 4 I think. But yeah can't wait for the new one.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-07-2009, 12:43 PM
I tried Professor Layton: The Curious Village on Starki's DS. Other than the occasional puzzle that didn't make sense, the game was good. Tests your IQ. :9

Winter
07-07-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm gonna have to get it--the first game was good and I wanna figure out what the code in the first game does in the second one. My stepmom is currently playing the first one. I finally used walkthroughs to get all the puzzles.

Pokemon_Ron
07-08-2009, 01:13 AM
ive been honestly looking to pick up the first one. ive heard nothing but good things about it

manga1313
07-20-2009, 09:25 AM
ive been honestly looking to pick up the first one. ive heard nothing but good things about it
yh it was a brilliant game, but some puzzles needed a walkthrough

Kenny_C.002
07-21-2009, 04:25 AM
yh it was a brilliant game, but some puzzles needed a walkthrough
Like that princess in a box one. The very last puzzle in the game is ridiculous. >.>

Willow
07-21-2009, 04:40 AM
How That demo was actually really fun. i think i might have to get that game.

manga1313
07-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Like that princess in a box one. The very last puzzle in the game is ridiculous. >.>

yh i jus gave up on tht puzzle straight away lol

How That demo was actually really fun. i think i might have to get that game.

i think u should get it definietly
i actually quite liked the storry

Willow
07-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Don't double post. edit the new quote into your old post.

And I think i will. i really love puzzles. I could sit doing puzzles for hours an hours.

Kenny_C.002
07-21-2009, 03:58 PM
I have merged those two posts. ;)

Honestly I still have no idea why games like Brain Age are flying off shelves while this game's sitting there collecting dust. :(

manga1313
07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Don't double post. edit the new quote into your old post.

And I think i will. i really love puzzles. I could sit doing puzzles for hours an hours.

lol now i know how to double post
yh the thing i liked was there was lots of puzzles and good story line

I have merged those two posts. ;)

Honestly I still have no idea why games like Brain Age are flying off shelves while this game's sitting there collecting dust. :(
thks
yh i know layton is actually so much better for your brain lol

TeirusuFX
07-23-2009, 06:20 PM

It could be because people who have heard of this game see the game as 'ridiculously hard'. Not too many people in the world love Puzzle games as much as us. :P

♪ピカチュウ♪
♫Pikachu♫

manga1313
07-23-2009, 06:23 PM
It could be because people who have heard of this game see the game as 'ridiculously hard'. Not too many people in the world love Puzzle games as much as us. :P

♪ピカチュウ♪
♫Pikachu♫
true i know so many people who hate puzzles

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-25-2009, 06:19 AM

♪ピカチュウ♪
♫Pikachu♫

Well, this game demands high logical skills. Okay, not that high, but still. To those that fulfil that criterion (and no many people do), it's fun. To those that don't, it's boring.

Brit134444
08-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I sold mine, love the music but Poke'mon Battle Revolution was much more worth it. But I think I will buy the next one.

Also, Luke annoyed me like HECK!!!! "Sorry I failed you professor!" AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!:eek:

Kenny_C.002
08-27-2009, 01:49 AM
Anybody gettin the sequel, btw?

I was really frustrated with a couple of the puzzles in the game too, actually. Some of those solutions are so simple that it's actually hard to figure out.

Winter
08-28-2009, 10:28 PM
I hope to, but it comes after 358/2 Days on my list of wants--sorry, I've been waiting for that game for a year and a half to two years since they put the ad in GameInformer.

scubasteveE
08-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Anybody gettin the sequel, btw?

I was really frustrated with a couple of the puzzles in the game too, actually. Some of those solutions are so simple that it's actually hard to figure out.
I am.
Nintendo Power gave it a 8/10 which I was shocked by. I was expecting a 9 or 9.5. Not saying 8 is a bad score but still.......

Lonsie
08-29-2009, 03:44 AM
Ooh! I may have to get this game. :3

Would you guys recommend to buy the first one or the second one?