PDA

View Full Version : Critisism on my Banner please

El Kirko
07-12-2005, 08:44 PM
yes, i would like critisism on my banner. what i could of done to make it better, what you like about it, and ideas for a next one. thanks a lot. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Elkirko/DRAGONRAGEBORDERsamllcopy.gif

Angelic Kitsune
07-12-2005, 09:17 PM
Try to make the pokemon less choppy.
And the bg less...grubby :tongue:
But its still really good for a first try,7/10 :sleepy:

Matt
07-12-2005, 09:20 PM
With me on this forum, you should NOT have asked for criticism. Okay, let's start with the pattern on the tech border. It's boring, and consistant. The tech border itself needs more detail then horizontal, diagonal, and vertical lines, and should not be cut off at every corner. The outer glow is yellow, which isn't consitant with the banner's color scheme. Red, grey, or white would've been better.The tect is very difficult to read. Try making the bevel smaller. The recoloring of the pokemon is so-so, and you should've left white on Gyarados's eyes. The images are choppy, with bits of white surrounding the,. Those need to be removed one way or another. The plaid background isn't what I would've picked, but good job making it dark. Finally, the entire banner is way too big. It's more like a plaque. Try cropping it in places where you don't need to see...

Angelic Kitsune
07-12-2005, 10:04 PM
LOL,I never realized how hilarious your critisism is when its not directed at me...:crackup: Its funny to read your critisisms,'cause they're so descriptive:lol:
:tongue: I suppose that banner had alot more wrong with it then I thought.

Sky Girl
07-13-2005, 01:31 AM
There's nothing nessicarily wrong with it, just things that could be improved.

El Kirko
07-13-2005, 03:04 AM
haha yeah i know, even though it was kinda harsh D2, its greatly appriciated. I honestly dont know how to make borders and just tried this. and for the plad...its the only patern i know how to make in the bg. ur right about all the coloring and chopyness i need to work on that. and text should be improved. thanks. also if you know any real good border tut's or just any good tutorials for photoshop, they would be greatly appriciated. allright thanks from those of you who helped out. :biggrin:

Herp
07-13-2005, 04:00 AM
:crackup: :lol: i agree with shiny.... I still love that banner. And its ur first one, right? I cant even sprite xD

El Kirko
07-13-2005, 09:24 AM
alllright allright, id still like to here more stuff about the "Dragons Rage" one, but i made another one tonight. took about same amount of tim 2-3 hours roughly. im learning as i go. please i ask of u guys to participate in critisizing this one too. thanks a lot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Elkirko/scytherbanner.bmp