PDA

View Full Version : Infamous

manga1313
07-08-2009, 10:45 AM
okay im addicted to infamous on ps3 but am i the only dude who has it on the forums. feel free to discuss it here

Gokudera-Kun
07-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Yeah, it's a great game. Too bad you can't use Good and Bad powers at the same time. Take Megawatt for example: It's great being able to use a regular lightning shot to aim the attack(Champion Rank), but it isn't strong like the Bad-Karma power-ups. But those powers don't really matter when I get that last Lightning Attack, makes you feel like God.

Gaia
07-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Lol, of course not :P

Got the demo for Infamous on PS3. I was never fond of sandbox games, but I was impressed with the game. Cool gameplay, heavenly graphics, but I wasn't really exposed to the storyline (not that I was supposed to XD). Its a good game, but like I said, I don't like sandbox games.

Gokudera-Kun
07-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Lol, of course not :P

Got the demo for Infamous on PS3. I was never fond of sandbox games, but I was impressed with the game. Cool gameplay, heavenly graphics, but I wasn't really exposed to the storyline (not that I was supposed to XD). Its a good game, but like I said, I don't like sandbox games.
Yeah, sandbox games always lose their entertainment value after awhile.

I think inFAMOUS is a step above the others though, with the skill and karma systems it has it place, it drives you to wanna play the game, if only to get those powers. I just wish there was a Time Trial or Challenge Room waiting for you post-game. Now I'm just trying to colect Blast Shards and stuff, but I don't really feel motivated.

manga1313
07-09-2009, 03:09 PM
its so annoying in the warren i cant do the satelite uplinks missions i jus run out of time

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I got it and I'm really enjoying it.

I also lol'd when I found out that it gives you Cole's clothes in Home.

Gokudera-Kun
07-12-2009, 10:32 AM
its so annoying in the warren i cant do the satelite uplinks missions i jus run out of time

Is it that one with like 7 checkpoints or something? That one gave me a lot of problems.

I got it and I'm really enjoying it.

I also lol'd when I found out that it gives you Cole's clothes in Home.

Home is up? Wow, I have a boatload of updates I gotta do then. When I lost my reliable connection, it was still in Beta.

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Is it that one with like 7 checkpoints or something? That one gave me a lot of problems.

Home is up? Wow, I have a boatload of updates I gotta do then. When I lost my reliable connection, it was still in Beta.

A year later and it's still says its a beta, lololol.

Gokudera-Kun
07-12-2009, 10:44 AM
A year later and it's still says its a beta, lololol.
Lol, I'll have to check it out.

Anyways, how far have you gotten in the game?

Seawolf
07-12-2009, 07:34 PM
This was a fun game. I recently finished my first playthrough as an evil dude, and I had a great time being a jerk. :D

The gameplay doesn't get tiring, the graphics are lovely (although some of the character models look stupid), and the powers make you feel like a badass. My favorite is the final one. This game is definitely one of my favorites to come out this year.

Yahtzee enjoyed the game too, although he thought the karma system was pretty shallow.

manga1313
07-18-2009, 03:03 PM
jus completed the game as evil and beat kesseler
its so awesome getting powers from the ray sphere u become so strong
cant believe the ending, so confusing :-}

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-18-2009, 10:27 PM
This was a fun game. I recently finished my first playthrough as an evil dude, and I had a great time being a jerk. :D

The gameplay doesn't get tiring, the graphics are lovely (although some of the character models look stupid), and the powers make you feel like a badass. My favorite is the final one. This game is definitely one of my favorites to come out this year.

Yahtzee enjoyed the game too, although he thought the karma system was pretty shallow.

I was gonna come in here and post basically the same thing. Even the Yahtzee part. He's the reason why I went out and rented InFamous and not Prototype!

The evil ending was pretty badass, I must say. I'll probabably rent it another time and play as a good guy.

The story was pretty good, and the ending was intereting. I sure do hope for a sequel.

Gokudera-Kun
07-18-2009, 10:34 PM
jus completed the game as evil and beat kesseler
its so awesome getting powers from the ray sphere u become so strong
cant believe the ending, so confusing :-}
Yeah, becoming Truly Infamous was the best part, since I could heal people(nabbing the 3 XP) without having to worry about Karmic Shift. I just wish there was a Truly Heroic form.

I'm currently on my 3rd play-through, trying to get the Stunt Master trophy. I only need 3 more Blast Shards for Rockhound, which leaves Evil to the Core and Hard Finish to nab that Platinum Trophy.

manga1313
07-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Yeah, becoming Truly Infamous was the best part, since I could heal people(nabbing the 3 XP) without having to worry about Karmic Shift. I just wish there was a Truly Heroic form.

I'm currently on my 3rd play-through, trying to get the Stunt Master trophy. I only need 3 more Blast Shards for Rockhound, which leaves Evil to the Core and Hard Finish to nab that Platinum Trophy.
wow,thts awesome
i probably could get all trophies,but cleaninig the warren cause of satile uplinks and stunt master
jus cant in the stunts throw a sticky and then zap him before it explodes

Gokudera-Kun
07-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Ah, you gotta be fast with that one.

I just need Suspended Sentence, and I get that without even trying. Just gotta get Lightning Storm again. Those last 3 Blast Shards are still eluding me. ;_;

manga1313
07-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Ah, you gotta be fast with that one.

I just need Suspended Sentence, and I get that without even trying. Just gotta get Lightning Storm again. Those last 3 Blast Shards are still eluding me. ;_;
cool
lol have u still not found them

Gokudera-Kun
07-23-2009, 09:15 PM
Lol, no. What really sucks is that every time I stop playing, I lose track of where I just finished searching, so I gotta start all over, scanning all 3 islands.

manga1313
07-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Lol, no. What really sucks is that every time I stop playing, I lose track of where I just finished searching, so I gotta start all over, scanning all 3 islands.
lol u jus gotta sit down one day and find them lol

Gokudera-Kun
07-23-2009, 10:08 PM
lol u jus gotta sit down one day and find them lol
Yeah, it'd be awesome to nab that Platinum Trophy. I still haven't gotten Lightning Storm in my Stunt playthrough, so I gotta do that. I'll then do a Hard playthrough on Good, since the energy recovery will do me good.

manga1313
07-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Yeah, it'd be awesome to nab that Platinum Trophy. I still haven't gotten Lightning Storm in my Stunt playthrough, so I gotta do that. I'll then do a Hard playthrough on Good, since the energy recovery will do me good.
lol yh tht be awesome
in my stunt list i cant do u have to sticky them annd them shoot before exploding. its jus cause i dont know a when ive thrown a sticky till after when it tells me lol
btw is good harder or evil harder or the same
i know in evil in the street people attack u
but in good some miisssions u have to hurt yourself
but in evill at the end u get tons of powers :]

Gokudera-Kun
07-24-2009, 11:58 AM
Lol, use Precision for the Insult to Injury Stunt.

As for Good/Evil, they're the same, I'd say. You just have to kick the habits of the one to play the other. Good doesn't get the sheer power Evil does, but it has tons of cool tricks. You can aim the Megawhatt Hammer in mid-air by shooting a lighting bolt, so it can curve around buildings and stuff. Also, it's easier to get Good karma, if you hurt somebody by accident, Heal them. Plus, if you get the last Grenade up-grade, it auto-captures enemies instead of killing them.

So yeah, I prefer Good when I don't feel like just spamming my Strongest moves.

manga1313
07-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Lol, use Precision for the Insult to Injury Stunt.

As for Good/Evil, they're the same, I'd say. You just have to kick the habits of the one to play the other. Good doesn't get the sheer power Evil does, but it has tons of cool tricks. You can aim the Megawhatt Hammer in mid-air by shooting a lighting bolt, so it can curve around buildings and stuff. Also, it's easier to get Good karma, if you hurt somebody by accident, Heal them. Plus, if you get the last Grenade up-grade, it auto-captures enemies instead of killing them.

So yeah, I prefer Good when I don't feel like just spamming my Strongest moves.
yh i will use precision now lol
i ve started again on good lol,but ive heard if u got the special edition u get this aesome power called gigawat blade ofr someth tht i checked out in utube it so good

Gokudera-Kun
07-25-2009, 10:58 AM
It does look kind of cool. I think it's on PSN too. I might shell out a couple of bucks for it, it gives you a Melee boost, and even though people say Melee is the worst of Cole's abilities, I'm constantly finding myself fighting at close-range, so being able to do more than the 30% Boosted Melee would be pretty cool.

manga1313
07-25-2009, 12:23 PM
It does look kind of cool. I think it's on PSN too. I might shell out a couple of bucks for it, it gives you a Melee boost, and even though people say Melee is the worst of Cole's abilities, I'm constantly finding myself fighting at close-range, so being able to do more than the 30% Boosted Melee would be pretty cool.
yh tht be awesome
but the only place i know where to get it from is the special edition of the game
so im jus tryin to get the code of the interenet

Seawolf
07-25-2009, 05:39 PM
i ve started again on good lol,but ive heard if u got the special edition u get this aesome power called gigawat blade ofr someth tht i checked out in utube it so good

It was a pre-order bonus. It kills most enemies in one hit; it's actually very useful.

manga1313
07-26-2009, 01:27 PM
It was a pre-order bonus. It kills most enemies in one hit; it's actually very useful.
wow one hit
lol tht would be so powerful ,but how much power does it cost

Gokudera-Kun
07-26-2009, 02:24 PM
I would imagine that it's a constant drain, since that's the way the other D-pad powers work. (excluding Karmic Overload, of course)

manga1313
07-27-2009, 10:06 AM
I would imagine that it's a constant drain, since that's the way the other D-pad powers work. (excluding Karmic Overload, of course)
yh it must be but i would help a lot goin through it on hard
i was goin the game on hard but i stoped and changed to normal,because on the first mission they changed me to hard and i realised i would get the trophy cause i started off normal :(

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-28-2009, 07:42 PM
yh it must be but i would help a lot goin through it on hard
i was goin the game on hard but i stoped and changed to normal,because on the first mission they changed me to hard and i realised i would get the trophy cause i started off normal :(

Actually, I hate to tell you this, but I got the trophy for hard even though I originally had it on normal and it switched me after I did that jumping thing under the bridge.

manga1313
07-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Actually, I hate to tell you this, but I got the trophy for hard even though I originally had it on normal and it switched me after I did that jumping thing under the bridge.
WHAT
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo
thts so annoying i could have got tht gold trophie and been one step closer to the platinum trophie

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-30-2009, 11:51 PM
WHAT
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo
thts so annoying i could have got tht gold trophie and been one step closer to the platinum trophie

Yeah, I was thinking it wouldn't give it to me either. I kept it on hard anyways, just for the challenge and ended up getting it.

Maybe you could try again if you feel like beating it as the opposite karma.