PDA

View Full Version : Dota

Dr Scott
07-12-2009, 04:25 AM
Short and sweet, do you play DOTA?

Galleon, Larvitar, Emma and I have been playing recently and, well, the more the merrier. Please be more set on having a fun time than SUPER SERIOUS TURN YOUR CAP AROUND AND THROW OUT PIKACHU time.

Scott

West: HumanoidTyphoon
East: TheScott1987

FAQs

What is DOTA?: DOTA is a modded variant of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. All legit, it's free and amazingly fun. Information can be found here (http://www.dota-allstars.com/).

HOW DO WE JOIN YOUR AWESOME?: Post here or, even better, find him on AIM. Then he can tell me if you smell well enough.

DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WoW?: Dr. Scott says you have a case of the fails.

Larvinator
07-12-2009, 05:36 AM
DOES THIS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WoW?: Dr. Scott says you have a case of the fails.
It must be spreading from me!

Guess I have to post up my info now too or Scott will demand it from me. I live on a failboat when it comes to this game, but I'm getting better, I guess. And I don't mind playing so long as you people on my team don't mind losing. :D

West Server: Larvitater
East Server: Larvi
Pref. Hero: Leviathan all the way.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-12-2009, 09:41 AM
It's actually DotA (Defense of the Ancients), but whatever. :|

Wait. There's a West and East server? Once I understand those, I'm going to join. :D

Cybernetic Ghost
07-13-2009, 02:57 AM
It's actually DotA (Defense of the Ancients), but whatever. :|

Wait. There's a West and East server? Once I understand those, I'm going to join. :D

Its right next to the button to log on B.net.

Anyways, yeah, played off and on for the past 2 or 3 years. Eubanks on east.

Jet
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM
OMFG ITS ABOUT F-ING TIME OTHER PEOPLE NOTICE IT

www.mineski.com

our (friends) site :P

you guys have no idea how serious DotA players play here lol

and I play GArena, not battlenet :/

favorite hero: none really, I kinda know how to use every hero... except Meepo... F Meepo... F him... her... whatever
favorite item: blink dagger
favorite strategy: jungle and farm :P

Dr Scott
07-15-2009, 12:12 AM
Bahaha, we're not really serious about it at all ... I mean, we WANT to win, but we're not all insane.

I like Lycan the best, 'cus he's fun. My favorite item is probably a Hyper Stone, 'cus I love the attack speed boost ...

At any rate, if anyone wants to play with us ... find me on AIM ^_^.

Jet
07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
uh... I don't do AIM lol... I only have Yahoo Messenger, and I rarely go online in my MSN :/

and playdota.com is the new site :P icefrog had issues in dota-allstars.com so he and allies made another lol

Lycan's fun too, especially if you jungle, and you shout/trash talk "BIG BAD WOLF" when chasing enemies while BKB is active XD

2wings
07-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Its right next to the button to log on B.net.

Anyways, yeah, played off and on for the past 2 or 3 years. Eubanks on east.

*YAY* Moony <3 he's also been playing RS on and off for 2 or 3 years.. Ive been playing dota about 2 years now and im loving it D:

OMFG ITS ABOUT F-ING TIME OTHER PEOPLE NOTICE IT

www.mineski.com

our (friends) site :P

you guys have no idea how serious DotA players play here lol

and I play GArena, not battlenet :/

favorite hero: none really, I kinda know how to use every hero... except Meepo... F Meepo... F him... her... whatever
favorite item: blink dagger
favorite strategy: jungle and farm :P

Team Mineski just freaking own... So you're filipino?! Hah Parre?! Yeh.. got a filipino dude in my team... He Plays Support/Ganker... Been doing alot of competitve play this summer. Summer tourneys are ftw.

I once posted a thread like this but it died. Not so many dota players on this forum.

Elite Dialga
07-16-2009, 08:02 AM
Short and sweet, do you play DOTA?

Galleon, Larvitar, Emma and I have been playing recently and, well, the more the merrier. Please be more set on having a fun time than SUPER SERIOUS TURN YOUR CAP AROUND AND THROW OUT PIKACHU time.

Scott

West: HumanoidTyphoon
East: TheScott1987

FAQs

What is DOTA?: DOTA is a modded variant of Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. All legit, it's free and amazingly fun. Information can be found here (http://www.dota-allstars.com/).

HOW DO WE JOIN YOUR AWESOME?: Post here or, even better, find him on AIM. Then he can tell me if you smell well enough.

Full time DOTA player here, excellent map, try DEMIGOD, its a hyped game that was built for people who like DOTA.

Dr Scott
07-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I tried it but couldn't get into it. Matches were too short, characters (minus beastly Rook) weren't cool enough, etc.

Plus, DOTA is free!

Elite Dialga
07-16-2009, 07:14 PM
I tried it but couldn't get into it. Matches were too short, characters (minus beastly Rook) weren't cool enough, etc.

Plus, DOTA is free!

I see, I liked it alot, actually its just a tester, they intentionally didn't cram it with stuff so that they could evaluate if it becomes popular or fails, like Age of Conan did, it was supposed to be the most hyped MMORPG till now and had like 700K copies sold within the first month, but it turned out to be an epic fail..lol

Jet
07-17-2009, 09:01 AM
@Scott and others... no YM? :/

@2wings; yes I'm pinoy... and I kinda remember that you asked that before in an old filipino thread made here that died already lol... yes Mineski is win. I played with them before, now not really now since the members keep changing; just pub games for me now XD

theEND
07-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Axe + 2 Vanguards = GG

Jet
07-19-2009, 10:58 PM
I recently realized that Poor Man's Shield > Axe