PDA

View Full Version : Family Guy nominated for Best Comedy at Emmys!!

Sixto
07-16-2009, 09:30 PM
First ANIMATED show to do so in 48 years! Amazing.

Here's an aritcle Yahoo! wrote: http://awards.tv.yahoo.com/blog/4-emmy-noms-surprises-snubs-and-a-few-actual-good-choices

I like how the author thinks he can speak for the general public. He clearly doesn't like Family Guy, but he speaks as everyone will agree with him.

Freakin' Sweet!!

Vaughn
07-16-2009, 09:33 PM
That is quite an achievement.

Phantom Kat
07-16-2009, 09:35 PM
Yay. :D I, for one, love Family Guy. It has humor, some pop culture, and what I like about the show is that even though the humor isn't targeted at kids, the jokes aren't crude.

Go Family Guy! <3

- Kat

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Very worthy nominee, my favorite on the list and I hope it wins.

George Jefferson
07-16-2009, 10:16 PM
I have lost faith in you Americans.

RULE, BRITANNIA.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I have lost faith in you Americans.

RULE, BRITANNIA, B!TCHES.

I'm Canadian. Don't lump me in with those degenerates.

Alana Marie
07-16-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm Canadian. Don't lump me in with those degenerates.

:[ I am not a degenerate!

YAYY =D Family guy. I love that show.

TheEvilDookie
07-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Those Yahoo writers are idiots and I hate them :P

Anyway, I'm glad for Family Guy. Well deserved. Just one more hurdle.

Gokudera-Kun
07-16-2009, 11:33 PM
Well, I'm not a huge fan of Family Guy, but it's one of the better MacFarlane shows. Though I have a good image of what the Cleveland Show will be like.(Same family guy, only more racist jokes :/)

ReclusiveDemon
07-17-2009, 12:00 AM
the jokes aren't crude.
I had to go to the dictionary to see if the meaning of the word "crude" had changed.

–adjective
1. in a raw or unprepared state; unrefined or natural: crude sugar.
2. lacking in intellectual subtlety, perceptivity, etc.; rudimentary; undeveloped.
3. lacking finish, polish, or completeness: a crude summary.
4. lacking culture, refinement, tact, etc.: crude behavior.
5. undisguised; blunt: a crude answer.
6. Obsolete. unripe; not mature.

It hasn't.

I only watched about 4 episodes of the last season of Family Guy, so if it isn't Crude, something drastic happened.

Sixto
07-17-2009, 03:30 AM
I had to go to the dictionary to see if the meaning of the word "crude" had changed.

It hasn't.

I only watched about 4 episodes of the last season of Family Guy, so if it isn't Crude, something drastic happened.
Crude doesn't have to be capitalized on your last sentence. Of course, people have opinions. And you there, just stated yours. =]

ashketchum
07-17-2009, 03:35 AM
Ah, Family Guy deserves this. I hope that it wins! It is one of my favorite shows to watch on Adult Swim and that is saying something because I don't enjoy much of the shows on Adult Swim. Now at least... ;P

I happen to be watching it right now, by the way.

George Jefferson
07-17-2009, 03:48 AM
Anything by Williams Street is better than that hogwash.

Hell, even Squidbillies is more hilarious than Seth's stuff.

EmBreon
07-17-2009, 04:31 AM
People don't watch Family Guy to have an intellectual experience. It's pretty obvious that there's no clever writing involved whatsoever and it would absolutely ruin it if there was. I personally find it hilarious because it's so dumb.

Honestly, if you hate the show, no one cares. :| Nobody is forcing you to watch it.

George Jefferson
07-17-2009, 04:40 AM
People don't watch Family Guy to have an intellectual experience. It's pretty obvious that there's no clever writing involved whatsoever and it would absolutely ruin it if there was. I personally find it hilarious because it's so dumb.

Honestly, if you hate the show, no one cares. :| Nobody is forcing you to watch it.

I see Family Guy ads on this website so many damned times I'm tired of this.

Broderick
07-17-2009, 04:58 AM
As much as I love Family Guy, I really thought the Simpsons would be nominated before Family Guy.
The Simpsons has been on longer, has more humour related to the plot, not random skits, and is less ronchy. A slightly more family friendly show, but w/e.
I'm still happy. The next is South Park. :>

ashketchum
07-17-2009, 05:09 AM

I lol'd when I read that sentence. Squidbillies is trash and isn't really that funny at all in my opinion.

Lord Celebi
07-17-2009, 05:14 AM

I'm sorry? Williams Street has made some great stuff, but they've made awful stuff too. Like Tim and Eric, Squidbillies, and Delocated. Family Guy is pretty funny too.

I'm glad animation is getting some recognition for once. Oh, and I love how the author of that article skips the animation categories... >_<

ashketchum
07-17-2009, 05:17 AM
I'm sorry? Williams Street has made some great stuff, but they've made awful stuff too. Like Tim and Eric, Squidbillies, and Delocated. Family Guy is pretty funny too.

I'm glad animation is getting some recognition for once. Oh, and I love how the author of that article skips the animation categories... >_<

You noticed that too, huh?

For some odd reason, I laughed when I read this:

Family guy at least has the balls to be as politically incorrect in our time as All In The Family was in the '70's. We need more of this kind of bombastic no-holds-barred comedy to ensure our culture doesn't go down the toilet. Offend EVERYBODY and then there is no one left to complain! everything is fair game, only those who take life too seriously will be left out in the cold.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-17-2009, 11:53 AM
First animated series to do so in 48 years? Why had the Simpsons been overlooked? :O

You love it so much that you have to put your love in italics? :O

shucklerules
07-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I think it deserved it, the show is hilarious.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
07-17-2009, 09:15 PM
The show is funny, but there is some intelligence in the writing; this isn't Beavis And Butthead or Trailer Park Boys here. Some of the throwbacks and how they're implemented in the script are delivered terrifically.

SiberianTiger
07-17-2009, 09:19 PM
If there was an animated show that deserved it, Family Guy would undoubtedly be it.

Stewie rocks.

~Isaiah

Lord Celebi
07-17-2009, 09:22 PM
You love it so much that you have to put your love in italics? :O
That's called sarcasm, my friend.

Giratina Hunter
07-17-2009, 09:57 PM
If there was an animated show that deserved it, Family Guy would undoubtedly be it.

Stewie rocks.

~Isaiah

Agreed. The show is so random that its brilliant. I said a bird bird bird. BIRD IS THE WORD!!!
And the chicken Vs Peter bit is awesome.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-18-2009, 03:31 AM
That's called sarcasm, my friend.

Sarcasm again? >_>

Anyway, will Family Guy win? And will it get nominated again? What are your thoughts? i think it has a good chance of doing both if it keeps this up. :9

Willow
07-21-2009, 07:04 AM
I agree. Family Guy is so funny. Me and my friends are always quote something funny from it. I hope it gets it.

Khalid
07-22-2009, 07:11 AM
Oh yeah, I heard about that!
I'm glad that are nominated for it since they are probably the animated comedy airing today because lets face it, The Simpson's can't hold a candle to it xD lol