PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP finding "Journey to the West"

Alakazam
07-14-2005, 01:29 AM
I recently found out from a friend about the Chinese (later adapted into Japanese) epic "Journey of the West", which the animé series Dragonball is based on. After reading about it on Wikipedia, I'd really like to read it.

Luckily, there is a section of the wikipedia article on it titled "notable english translations". I found that there is a abridged version that's easy to find, but it only contains 30 out of the 100 chapters. So I really don't have any interest in looking for that, since it'd be nice to read the whole thing.

So below that on the page I see "Journey to the West, a complete translation by W. J. F. Jenner", and it sounds perfect. It's the unabridged version, and it comes in three volumes.

BUT, when I tried looking for it, I didn't do very well. All of the book sources listed at Wikipedia didn't have it (I searched with the ISBN# of the first volume...all three ISBNs are on Wikipedia, thank God).

I finally found it on a site that sells things related to Chinese culture. It was just what I was looking for (3 hardcover books, totalling 1850 pages in all!!), but they're selling it for US $69.50. As much as it seems like its worth it for such a huge epic, I really don't wanna pay that much to get it.

Does anyone have any idea where I could get it cheaper?