PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 7

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:14 PM
According to IMDB, harry potter seven is going to be launched in a Part 1 - Part 2 concept

Im taking this with a grain of salt, but Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part I is rumored for november 2010, with part II following in 2011

Personally, i think if this is true, itll be much better as a two part movie.

What do you all think? True or not? Opinions?

edit* nvm - im just very out of the loop

TheEvilDookie
07-19-2009, 11:20 PM
You just now found out? I knew it was gonna be in two parts for a while. :P Part one will be in summer/winter and Part two in the summer after if its winter or winter after if it's summer for part one.

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:21 PM
You just now found out? I knew it was gonna be in two parts for a while. :P Part one will be in summer/winter and Part two in the summer after if its winter or winter after if it's summer for part one.

orly? how longs the info been out?

TheEvilDookie
07-19-2009, 11:22 PM

Idk, but my parents have been talking about that at least since they saw the first trailer for the 6th movie.

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:24 PM
Idk, but my parents have been talking about that at least since they saw the first trailer for the 6th movie.

owo;
i must be really out of the loop.

nonetheless, i must re-read the book again. all this nit picking at number 6 has made me forget the majority of number 7

Willow
07-19-2009, 11:25 PM
I had heard of this before. But I like it might be a little werid. My friends like part one will be very boring since it is in her words "an extended camping trip."

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:26 PM
I had heard of this before. But I like it might be a little werid. My friends like part one will be very boring since it is in her words "an extended camping trip."

hey hey now no spoilers
even though anyone not wishing for spoilers would be out of their mind to click a thread entitled Harry Potter 7

shadowpichu
07-19-2009, 11:26 PM
lol mystry its true that news has been out for like 4 months now
and yh i went to see the 6th yesterday. my opinon i expected more fighting too long but overall good.
i just understood why snape killed dumbledore
wait before i go further on is this a spoiler mystry

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:27 PM

owo;
my friends hate me then xD

EmBreon
07-19-2009, 11:28 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/Only_Emma/fail.png

Book 7 was the worst of the series, and 90% of it was a boring build up to a crap ending.

EDIT: It's the fact that they are making two movies out of it that is fail, not you... :|

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:29 PM
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p226/Only_Emma/fail.png

Book 7 was the worst of the series, and 90% of it was a boring build up to a crap ending.

uneaded post is uneaded

Haze
07-19-2009, 11:35 PM
I agree with Emma, the fact that they're making this one into two movies and not one like the 5th is just stupid. A large portion of book 7 was just filler anyway, and if they can leave important parts out of the other movies, they can do it for 7. @_@

Ayotui
07-19-2009, 11:37 PM
and yh i went to see the 6th yesterday. my opinon i expected more fighting too long but overall good.
i just understood why snape killed dumbledore
wait before i go further on is this a spoiler mystry

nice. now you ruined the whole hp series for me. thanks and i was really looking forward to the sixth movie

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:38 PM
I agree with Emma, the fact that they're making this one into two movies and not one like the 5th is just stupid. A large portion of book 7 was just filler anyway, and if they can leave important parts out of the other movies, they can do it for 7. @_@

i wish they woulda done it for six, they butchered half of that darn show =\
goes to show ya, books are always better than movies..

nonetheless, im just stepping in failure today
and its hard to get off of my shoes
nice. now you ruined the whole hp series for me. thanks and i was really looking forward to the sixth movie

owo;
i didnt see that edit, yes that is a MAJOR spoiler =\

but srsly, ayotui, if you didnt want any spoilers, whyd you click on a thread titled Harry Potter 7?

Willow
07-19-2009, 11:38 PM
okay spoilers? it has been out for a year. Your bad for reading so slow. Or two now?

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:41 PM
okay spoilers? it has been out for a year. Your bad for reading so slow. Or two now?

wha? the movie hasent been out for a year... and i dont read slow

post makes no sense

Ayotui
07-19-2009, 11:42 PM
wha? the movie hasent been out for a year... and i dont read slow

post makes no sense

i think he means the book.

Loyal Kingdra
07-19-2009, 11:43 PM
According to IMDB, harry potter seven is going to be launched in a Part 1 - Part 2 concept

Im taking this with a grain of salt, but Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part I is rumored for november 2010, with part II following in 2011

Personally, i think if this is true, itll be much better as a two part movie.

What do you all think? True or not? Opinions?

Of course it's true! I've known this for a couple of months...

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Of course it's true! I've known this for a couple of months...

D:<
why am i out of the loop?
T_T

Ayotui
07-19-2009, 11:44 PM
but srsly, ayotui, if you didnt want any spoilers, whyd you click on a thread titled Harry Potter 7?

cause i thought you where going to talk about hp7 unless he gets killed in 7 in which case never mind.

Willow
07-19-2009, 11:48 PM
no I meant what are you talking about giving a spoilers for hp7 the book. it has been out for two years know. Your bad if you don't know they camping for a while.

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:52 PM
no I meant what are you talking about giving a spoilers for hp7 the book. it has been out for two years know. Your bad if you don't know they camping for a while.

ive read them all at least 3 times >:O
hav e you considered that some people dont read the books and only watch the movies, in which case it would be a spoiler.

Professor Geoffrey
07-19-2009, 11:56 PM
I've known this for at least... a year. I've been anticipating these movies heavily.

However, I heard Part I was coming in 2011, and Part II in 2012... Meh, I dunno.

MYSTRY MEW
07-19-2009, 11:58 PM
I've known this for at least... a year. I've been anticipating these movies heavily.

However, I heard Part I was coming in 2011, and Part II in 2012... Meh, I dunno.

OKAY i get it >_< people have known about this xD

Willow
07-19-2009, 11:59 PM
hmm. if if came it 2012 that would mean everyone if it would be 5-7 years too old.

Professor Geoffrey
07-20-2009, 12:08 AM
hmm. if if came it 2012 that would mean everyone if it would be 5-7 years too old.

And one year makes how much a difference? xD

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2009, 12:10 AM

*raises hand*
one year? :3

Vaughn
07-20-2009, 12:20 AM
I hated the 7th book. The wrap-up was gay.

Though, I'd still watch it.

Loyal Kingdra
07-20-2009, 12:23 AM
I didn't like book 7 that much either. But I really hate book 5:susp:

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2009, 12:24 AM
I didn't like book 7 that much either. But I really hate book 5:susp:

i think everyone hates number 5 xD

Willow
07-20-2009, 12:25 AM
lol. I know. I just think it is funny. they were 2-4 to old for half blood prince. but it worked.

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2009, 12:31 AM
lol. I know. I just think it is funny. they were 2-4 to old for half blood prince. but it worked.

ya i guess so...

DragoniteMistress
07-20-2009, 12:57 AM
Imo the only movie they looked "too old" for was the 3rd, because it was delayed for a while iirc.

Anyway, a huge majority of the 7th book was just nonsense camping and fillers. Why they would need to make another part just for that seems ridiculous.

Willow
07-20-2009, 12:58 AM
idk. I really need to reread the 7th book. I remember really liking. maybe I zoned out for half of it.

miyoun
07-20-2009, 01:01 AM

Since before they started writing scripts for Half Blood Prince.

I was still in school (June 2008 is when I left) and I already knew there was 2 parts.

J.K Rowling INSISTED on them putting everything into this film. So............ :l
If you don't like it, go to her cast- I mean house and complain.
You don't HAVE to watch the movie.
Stop complaining.

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2009, 01:02 AM
Since before they started writing scripts for Half Blood Prince.

I was still in school (June 2008 is when I left) and I already knew there was 2 parts.

J.K Rowling INSISTED on them putting everything into this film. So............ :l
Stop complaining.

... i wasnt complaining thank you very much...

miyoun
07-20-2009, 01:04 AM
... i wasnt complaining thank you very much...

My whole post was not directed at you, nor did I directly say YOU were complaining. I was directing the last part about everyone who is like BAAAAAAAAAW BOOK WAS FILLER WHATS THE POINT IN TWO PART MOVIE??????????

Like I said, you guys don't have to watch it.

Willow
07-20-2009, 01:08 AM
lol. and yet we do. drawn to it by our American need to spend money.

jk. I know I try not to complain, but sometimes I fail.

I'm excited either way. The movies appear to be on the up and up after how good 6 was.

Vaughn
07-20-2009, 01:09 AM
idk. I really need to reread the 7th book. I remember really liking. maybe I zoned out for half of it.

I remember skimming through the pages, and not fulyl reading the whole page. I never realyl got it, so I'll probably have to go back and read before the 7th movie comes out.

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2009, 01:09 AM

jk. I know I try not to complain, but sometimes I fail.

I'm excited either way. The movies appear to be on the up and up after how good 6 was.

dont worry
everyone fails.

miyoun
07-20-2009, 01:10 AM

Not everyone in this thread complaining are American iirc.

And yeah, I'm excited too. I liked parts of book seven, so I'll like parts of the film. I'm interested to see what Ron looks like older anyway.

They better cast a hot ginger@@@@@@@@@

Vaughn
07-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Not everyone in this thread complaining are American iirc.

And yeah, I'm excited too. I liked parts of book seven, so I'll like parts of the film. I'm interested to see what Ron looks like older anyway.

They better cast a hot ginger@@@@@@@@@

What about Shaun White, the snowboarder?

Willow
07-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Ron was looking a little ugly in the 6th movie.

and yeah whoops I always forget that.

Lusankya
07-20-2009, 01:35 AM
I think the two-part idea is good, because it means they can stick closer to the book. Currently every single modification they've done to the storyline has made it worse...

Heck, all of the Harry Potter movies were pretty bad, to be honest. Same goes for most book-movie conversions.

EmBreon
07-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Stop complaining.

Of course we are all going to still watch it. The complaining is because they are making the worst of the books into the longest movie instead of one of the better ones, not because we don't want to see it.

*complains more*

:P

It's an opinion thread.

Anyway, you need to stop being so defensive MYSTRY MEW. Everything negative said in this thread isn't directed at you.

In closing: I love HP. :)

Willow
07-20-2009, 01:42 AM
I think the two-part idea is good, because it means they can stick closer to the book. Currently every single modification they've done to the storyline has made it worse...

Heck, all of the Harry Potter movies were pretty bad, to be honest. Same goes for most book-movie conversions.
yeah actually they made the extra time to expalin all the other things they glossed over.

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Anyway, you need to stop being so defensive MYSTRY MEW. Everything negative said in this thread isn't directed at you.

i know, in the above case he quoted me, so i just figured...

miyoun
07-20-2009, 04:03 PM
i know, in the above case he quoted me, so i just figured...

if you bothered to ever read people talking to me.

I'm a girl.
Louise = girls name.

You'd have to have been here like 2/3 years ago when I changed my gender for laughs.

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2009, 06:03 PM

I'm a girl.
Louise = girls name.

You'd have to have been here like 2/3 years ago when I changed my gender for laughs.

oh... ok
well now im confused

miyoun
07-20-2009, 06:21 PM

What's hard to get?

I'm a girl.
My name is Louise.

It says Male because it was a joke.

edit: and i dont like being called a he or referred to as him.

MYSTRY MEW
07-20-2009, 06:36 PM

What's hard to get?

I'm a girl.
My name is Louise.

then change it back to her

Willow
07-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Guys this is very off topic. Take it to your visitor board.

Ruiizu you def have to remember these things.

And way. i am really excited to get to see Dumbledor's(how do you spell his name, lol) past of the big screen.

scubasteveE
07-21-2009, 05:31 AM

I'm a girl.
Louise = girls name.

oh... ok
well now im confused

What's hard to get?

I'm a girl.
My name is Louise.

then change it back to her
That whole conversation was hilarious xD

I actually liked the 7th book. I thought the fifth was the worse in the series.

Willow
07-21-2009, 05:43 AM
that seems to be the consensus. I thought harry was super whiny in the 5th book. I umbridge just enraged me.

MYSTRY MEW
07-21-2009, 04:49 PM
That whole conversation was hilarious xD

I actually liked the 7th book. I thought the fifth was the worse in the series.

that seems to be the consensus. I thought harry was super whiny in the 5th book. I umbridge just enraged me.

yes. and the fifth mobie was just as bad if not worse

number 5 and 6 wre pollar opposites

in 5 everyone hated harry
in 6 he was the chosen one

Professor Geoffrey
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
yes. and the fifth mobie was just as bad if not worse

number 5 and 6 wre pollar opposites

in 5 everyone hated harry
in 6 he was the chosen one

The fifth one was not that bad, actually. So far, Order of the Phoenix has raked in almost as much money as Sorcerer's Stone, which makes it the second best grossing Harry Potter movie so far. Half-Blood Prince should beat it - to my highest hopes - and one of the Deathly Hallows should beat Sorcerer's Stone. However, in order for Half-Blood Prince or either of the Deathly Hallows movies to beat Sorcerer's Stone, they'd have to achieve almost a billion dollars, or more.

EDIT: They'd have to achieve grossing of over $974,733,550, to be exact.

MYSTRY MEW
07-21-2009, 05:00 PM
The fifth one was not that bad, actually. So far, Order of the Phoenix has raked in almost as much money as Sorcerer's Stone, which makes it the second best grossing Harry Potter movie so far. Half-Blood Prince should beat it - to my highest hopes - and one of the Deathly Hallows should beat Sorcerer's Stone. However, in order for Half-Blood Prince or either of the Deathly Hallows movies to beat Sorcerer's Stone, they'd have to achieve almost a billion dollars, or more.

Just because it had more success, doesnt necessarily mean it was a better movie.
After the somewhat-success of four, everyone was eager to see five, but were let down. Seeing as how you can tget your money back for aa bad movie, it was based of who wanted to see it, not who liked it

make sense?

with that logic, seven will probably have the most revenue to date

Willow
07-21-2009, 05:06 PM
I think this movie can do it. That obviously pit alot more money into this movie. and from what I'm seeing everyone who sees it is liking it and telling there friends. i have no problem seeing this make the most money. And with more money coming in I am very excited for the next moey.

I really like what they appear to being doing with these movies.

Professor Geoffrey
07-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Just because it had more success, doesnt necessarily mean it was a better movie.
After the somewhat-success of four, everyone was eager to see five, but were let down. Seeing as how you can tget your money back for aa bad movie, it was based of who wanted to see it, not who liked it

make sense?

with that logic, seven will probably have the most revenue to date

True, but what if other families only went because a critic/friend/cousin/whatever said it was good? That explains the money right there. Therefore, it was good enough for them to suggest to others. ;]

It doesn't mean that the seven will probably gross the most money. It would be true if they literally meant that the movies were merely halves, and they put the two parts together, money and all, but it's unlikely for the first part to gross as much as Sorcerer's Stone. The second part, however, will definitely have a chance against Sorcerer's Stone. I pray for it's inevitable success.

MYSTRY MEW
07-21-2009, 05:22 PM
True, but what if other families only went because a critic/friend/cousin/whatever said it was good? That explains the money right there. Therefore, it was good enough for them to suggest to others. ;]

It doesn't mean that the seven will probably gross the most money. It would be true if they literally meant that the movies were merely halves, and they put the two parts together, money and all, but it's unlikely for the first part to gross as much as Sorcerer's Stone. The second part, however, will definitely have a chance against Sorcerer's Stone. I pray for it's inevitable success.

but together, they will inevvitably beat stone

Willow
07-21-2009, 05:24 PM
but together, they will inevvitably beat stone
Well of course, because you have to pay twice as much to see two movies. This plan is really ingenious, give then what they wanted and make tons of money.

MYSTRY MEW
07-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Well of course, because you have to pay twice as much to see two movies. This plan is really ingenious, give then what they wanted and make tons of money.

xD
actually it was rowling's plan wasnt it?

Atropos
07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm all excited since they're going to have Clemence Poesey come back as Fleur. I just feel bad because they need to put all of the stuff they missed in the sixth movie into the seventh movie, which is a LOT. Well, that's what you get for missing key scenes so you can put in some funny parts...

MYSTRY MEW
07-21-2009, 05:38 PM
I'm all excited since they're going to have Clemence Poesey come back as Fleur. I just feel bad because they need to put all of the stuff they missed in the sixth movie into the seventh movie, which is a LOT. Well, that's what you get for missing key scenes so you can put in some funny parts...

ya.
i was furious when they burnt down the burrow
that never happened in the book!

Willow
07-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Oh I forgot about that. I wonder if the will put in charlie getting hurt by the werewolf.

or just cut it completely

MYSTRY MEW
07-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh I forgot about that. I wonder if the will put in charlie getting hurt by the werewolf.

my question is how are they going to pull off any scenes at the burrow?

Hatchet
07-22-2009, 01:32 AM
my question is how are they going to pull off any scenes at the burrow?

Harry Potter is about wizards. They can rebuild a house in no time. @_@ I think.

Quite frankly, I both love and hate the fact that it's in two parts. I like that there will probably very little that is missing in the movie that was in the book. I hate how they're milking us for more money. :P

Willow
07-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Yeah, you saw what dumbledor did in that muggles house after slughorn was there. I guess they will just add some stuff about the rebuilding.

Haze
07-22-2009, 01:51 AM

It was Bill that got hurt by the werewolf, and that was in book 6, not 7. They'll probably just put scars on him for the wedding scene.

Willow
07-22-2009, 02:10 AM
I know. That is what I am saying it didn't happen in the sixth movie. so what are they going to do? Sorry Bill. I get them mixed up.

MYSTRY MEW
07-22-2009, 02:15 AM
I know. That is what I am saying it didn't happen in the sixth movie. so what are they going to do? Sorry Bill. I get them mixed up.

and what about scrimgeour?
they didnt cover him at all!

Willow
07-22-2009, 02:30 AM
They obviously didn't because I don't even remember him? Who is that?

MYSTRY MEW
07-22-2009, 02:47 AM
They obviously didn't because I don't even remember him? Who is that?

... yourdeath the new minister

Elrond
07-22-2009, 02:56 AM
It was Bill that got hurt by the werewolf, and that was in book 6, not 7. They'll probably just put scars on him for the wedding scene.

That seems like the kind of thing they would just kind of leave off. As far as I remember, it wasn't exactly a huge plot point anyway. @ scars, not the wedding.

Willow
07-22-2009, 03:11 AM
Oh yes. Yeah I thinkthey will also just leave off that too. Was he that important?

MYSTRY MEW
07-22-2009, 03:23 AM
Oh yes. Yeah I thinkthey will also just leave off that too. Was he that important?

oh no not at all
hes only the highest authority in the wizarding world ;D