PDA

View Full Version : [YGO] Your opinion on the current metagame...!

TrojanPony
07-14-2005, 04:22 AM
Hello I made this thread to let people discuss their views on today's metagame, with Chaos being alledgedly at the top of the ladder, and the increase on underrated decks.

Firstly, what do you think about the release of the re-vamped classic cards - Lightning Vortex and Brain Control. Do you think they're fair?

Secondly, what's your opinion on Chaos decks? Should BLS be banned, or stay as tough competition? Personally, I hate Chaos, and Gravekeeper's OWN! :razz:

Battousai
07-14-2005, 05:11 AM
OHhhh, the metagame is TERRIBLE, I haven't entered a regional event in a long time because of the decks people play, right now it's chaos + Tsukuyomi

I'm not too big of a fan of lightning vortex but i'll probably use it, brain control...eh....I don't like it too much

Ban...
Black Luster Soldier
Delinquent Duo
Pot of Greed

The game will bring in some more originality
there are my thoughts...

paperfairy
07-14-2005, 05:35 AM
Chaos totally BROKE the metagame- and that's all the metagame is. The ONLY way to fix it is to completely cut off chaos. Otherwise, the metagame will stay this way.

-GT

Thoughts: Ugh... Chaos

The End
07-14-2005, 01:58 PM
a good burn beats chaos.

i once used a chain energy burn

TrojanPony
07-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Phew, I'm happy SOME PEOPLE don't use Chaos! I totally agree with you Battousai and Gotenks! Nice to see some YGO players around here! Yes, ban Pot of Green and BLS, but aww, I like Delinquent Duo. :biggrin: The name is just...coool! Yes, but I suppose it ruins the whole game :eek:

So what decks do you guys run? At the moment I'm running Gravekeeper's and trying to utilize the Criosphinx/Hieracosphinx/Grave Ohja cards to fit into a deck and destroy chaos :crackup: . Originality does rule :). Any new deck ideas you guys come up with?

Kenny_C.002
07-16-2005, 09:37 PM
Well first of all, this metagame is still better than the pre-ban metagame by a large margin. The vortex IMO is still too good in terms of cost for what it does, tho brain control is less so in that aspect.

I'm not really understanding why ppl are so afraid of BLS tho, considering the fact that BLS generally doesn't even show up in half the games a normal chaos deck runs in, since it's restricted to 1.

For the record, delinquent duo is up there in terms of power level as raigeki, duster, etc. So banning it is great, since it's either that or pot anyway.

Oh, and I saw some burn rising up lately. Good stuff there.

Jet
07-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Hello fools, I'm back again... kinda... lol

anyway... back to topic...

current metagame imo, sucks... what are considered metagame nowadays?

Chaos...
Zombie...
Chaos...
Dragon...
Chaos...
Water...
Warrior...
Chaos...
Pyro/Fire...
Burn...
Chaos...
Archfiend...
Did I mention CHAOS?!?

really, seeing a chaos deck winning a tournament isn't surprising... seeing something else than chaos would be very nice... 1st of all, Chaos decks are SOO OVERUSED... but 1st... what DOES a Chaos deck consist of?

- Black Luster Soldier, Envoy of the Beginning
- D.D. Warrior Lady
- Don Zaloog
- Breaker the Magical Warrior
- Spirit Reaper
- Magician of Faith
- Shining Angel
- Mystic Tomato
- Tribe Infecting Virus
- Cyber Jar
- I've seen these in recent Chaos decks... Grand Master Sasuke
- Trap/Spell staples

Seriously... all of those are rares, even though there are common versions on some of them... sure, DD Warrior Lady isn't that much of use because more likely you'll remove her... but Magician of Faiths... there are like either 2 or 3... everyone makes their "own" chaos deck...

Machine Chaos (though I have to admit this one I can accept, seeing that it's too hard to use, and yet has VERY nice potential)
Zombie Chaos
Fiend Chaos (it works, I've seen it)
Warrior Chaos

bleah... it's still chaos... with 1 EXCEPTION... Toon Chaos... IMO, that is not considered "true" chaos... seeing that you focus more on toons than BLS... BLS is only back-up, unlike others...

Some decks I'd wish to see in metagame

- Wind
- Amazoness
- Toon (no BLS)
- FTK
- Machine
- Gravekeepers should have a comeback, though it pains me to say it

well, that's all... I'm trying to make an FTK deck... also Wind/Harpie and Earth Warrior/Amazoness... oh well... cyaz

Kenny_C.002
07-19-2005, 04:01 AM
Actually, I've been trying out a burn-based chaos deck lately. Funny how ppl get this horrific look as they see a cannon soldier hit the field...and I have goat tokens...XD True, the only reason why this deck is chaos is just because BLS took a slot in the deck...that was it. Now suddenly the deck went from burn/beatdown to chaos. Then again, to stay alive in YGO, you need brokenness, which I absolutely hate...