PDA

View Full Version : whos better- linkin park or avenged 7fold

aurora22
07-20-2009, 05:20 PM
a healthy debate!

Vaughn
07-20-2009, 05:21 PM
They're both real good, but I'll choose A7X.

Ayotui
07-20-2009, 05:25 PM
i like both but linkin park have shorter songs and i like how they (used to) add rap to their songs

MaskedJackal
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
They are both awful, but A7X at least has some competent musicians, even though they can't write quality material to save their lives.

Linkin Park, however, is a good example of a bad example. They exemplify everything that's wrong with music today. They have whiny vocals, a lame attempt at "rapping", a bunch of stupid DJ samples used to try and pass themselves off as hip-hop, emo lyrics, guitarists who can only play like three power chords and nothing else, a bassist that you can never hear (probably for a good reason), and laughable drumming.

Peace Buyer
07-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Avenged 7 fold is hell of alot better =P

Bumblebee16
07-20-2009, 06:07 PM
I like them both, but it's Linkin Park FTW. Despite what some people say they're a pretty awesome band.

Dark Lightning
07-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Neither. :p
lol four world rule.

Charbok
07-20-2009, 06:14 PM
They have whiny vocals

This has nothing to do with skill level.
If you're talking in terms of Chester's talent as a vocalist, he was In 2007, placed at 46th on Hit Paraders list of "Heavy Metal's All-Time Top 100 Vocalists". You may not like his style, but the stamina he has is nearly unrivaled.

a lame attempt at "rapping",

Mike Shinoda (the rapper behind the group) is actually highly acclaimed in the world of hip hop as being one of the most competent beat writers and lyricists in the industry, as is evident by the many collaborations he has done and his critically acclaimed side-project. In terms of straight rapping he's just good, but lyricism, beat-writing, and overall musical ability (the guy plays piano, raps, writes lyrics, and plays guitar) he's quite talented and it'd be hard to deny that.

a bunch of stupid DJ samples used to try and pass themselves off as hip-hop,

Joe Hahn is also one of the most reveled DJs in the music industry today. His work isn't as directly prominent in LP's most recent record, but in terms of straight talent he's absolutely sick.

emo lyrics,

guitarists who can only play like three power chords and nothing else

Linkin Park's guitarist is not very talented. He's average for today's rock scene.

a bassist that you can never hear (probably for a good reason)

Their bassist is also not particularly talented.

and laughable drumming.

This one made me chuckle. As a drummer myself, let me tell you that Rob Bourdon is absolutely sick on the drums, especially when he's soloing. It certainly doesn't always come through, especially on their more recent record, but look at their older stuff and some of his solos and tell me he's not talented.

It really feels like you have no idea what you're talking about and you sort of just said the generic thing that people claim about bands like Linkin Park. I don't care if you don't like them, because liking them has nothing to do with how skilled they are, but saying that they have no talent is absurd.

Sean
07-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Neither. I don't even listen to Rock and I know who's good.

Speaking of who's good, check out The Who.

MaskedJackal
07-20-2009, 11:32 PM
If you're talking in terms of Chester's talent as a vocalist, he was In 2007, placed at 46th on Hit Paraders list of "Heavy Metal's All-Time Top 100 Vocalists". You may not like his style, but the stamina he has is nearly unrivaled.

A non-metal vocalist on a greatest metal vocalist list?

I'm looking at that list right now, and it's a total joke. Robert Plant at #1? He wasn't even in a metal band. Led Zepplin was hard rock. Steven Tyler at #3? Since when was Aerosmith metal? Trent Reznor? Zach De La Rocha? Who are they kidding? ...Dani Filth!? The nearly universally agreed upon worst black metal vocalist ever? And perhaps the biggest crime of all, Dan Swanö isn't on the list!?

If that list isn't a joke then I've lost all faith in humanity.

Mike Shinoda (the rapper behind the group) is actually highly acclaimed in the world of hip hop as being one of the most competent beat writers and lyricists in the industry, as is evident by the many collaborations he has done and his critically acclaimed side-project. In terms of straight rapping he's just good, but lyricism, beat-writing, and overall musical ability (the guy plays piano, raps, writes lyrics, and plays guitar) he's quite talented and it'd be hard to deny that.

Highly acclaimed by who? To me, the mainstream music industry doesn't matter.

Joe Hahn is also one of the most reveled DJs in the music industry today. His work isn't as directly prominent in LP's most recent record, but in terms of straight talent he's absolutely sick.

I don't really pay any mind to DJs, so I wouldn't really know what makes a good DJ. However, I do know that if he's writing the songs, he isn't a very good songwriter.

I'llbe the first to admit that lyrics aren't the most important thing about music, but Linkin Park is clearly trying to appeal to the angsty pre-teen crowd.

Linkin Park's guitarist is not very talented. He's average for today's rock scene.

I'd say he's marginally below average. The dude can barely play a simple riff.

Their bassist is also not particularly talented.

I'm guessing he's not any good, but then again, we'll never know. These mainstream bands usually take their bassist completely out of the mix.

This one made me chuckle. As a drummer myself, let me tell you that Rob Bourdon is absolutely sick on the drums, especially when he's soloing. It certainly doesn't always come through, especially on their more recent record, but look at their older stuff and some of his solos and tell me he's not talented.

If he's talented, then it doesn't show in Linkin Park. Everything they play is so simplistic that it's not even funny.

Ayotui
07-20-2009, 11:56 PM
To me, the mainstream music industry doesn't matter.

linkin park is aimed at mainstream music cause there is more money to get there. and you have to realise that music is an industry and the idea is to earn money. and the truth is for every person like you there are thousands maybe millions of people that love linkin park.

MaskedJackal
07-21-2009, 12:07 AM
linkin park is aimed at mainstream music cause there is more money to get there. and you have to realise that music is an industry and the idea is to earn money. and the truth is for every person like you there are thousands maybe millions of people that love linkin park.

Their goal is to make money, not good music. That's one of the reasons why I don't like them.

Ayotui
07-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Their goal is to make money, not good music. That's one of the reasons why I don't like them.

all musicians have that as a goal. and in my opinion they do make good music.

MaskedJackal
07-21-2009, 01:10 AM
all musicians have that as a goal. and in my opinion they do make good music.

Not all. Have you looked into the underground? Most of them still have day jobs.

Lady Of The Lake
07-21-2009, 01:25 AM
♥A7X♥ :D Way better than "Linkin Park" Lol D:

Charbok
07-22-2009, 05:25 AM
A non-metal vocalist on a greatest metal vocalist list?

I'm looking at that list right now, and it's a total joke. Robert Plant at #1? He wasn't even in a metal band. Led Zepplin was hard rock. Steven Tyler at #3? Since when was Aerosmith metal? Trent Reznor? Zach De La Rocha? Who are they kidding? ...Dani Filth!? The nearly universally agreed upon worst black metal vocalist ever? And perhaps the biggest crime of all, Dan Swanö isn't on the list!?

If that list isn't a joke then I've lost all faith in humanity.

Regardless, his stamina is matched by very few vocalists in the music industry today.

Highly acclaimed by who? To me, the mainstream music industry doesn't matter.

Highly acclaimed by other rappers (Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Ryu, Styles of Beyond), musicians, AND the industry. Can't get much better than that.

I don't really pay any mind to DJs, so I wouldn't really know what makes a good DJ. However, I do know that if he's writing the songs, he isn't a very good songwriter.

He's not writing the songs...

I'll be the first to admit that lyrics aren't the most important thing about music, but Linkin Park is clearly trying to appeal to the angsty pre-teen crowd.

On 50% of their songs I'd agree. Whether you like that or not comes down to opinion.

I'd say he's marginally below average. The dude can barely play a simple riff.

Average by today's rock standards.

I'm guessing he's not any good, but then again, we'll never know. These mainstream bands usually take their bassist completely out of the mix.

Agreed, which is too bad.

If he's talented, then it doesn't show in Linkin Park. Everything they play is so simplistic that it's not even funny.

Their earlier stuff has complexity, but I agree that their most recent record was by far the simplest in terms of drumming. EXCEPT his solos. God damn, he can play.

Which is exactly why they donate millions of dollars each year from their own personal salaries, hold concerts where all the proceeds go to charities, make it so part of EVERY concert's proceeds go to charities, and work for charities themselves.

MaskedJackal
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Highly acclaimed by other rappers (Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Ryu, Styles of Beyond), musicians, AND the industry. Can't get much better than that.

You say that like it's a good thing.

Average by today's rock standards.

Which aren't very high.

Their earlier stuff has complexity, but I agree that their most recent record was by far the simplest in terms of drumming. EXCEPT his solos. God damn, he can play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2STqlq6zL4

Which is exactly why they donate millions of dollars each year from their own personal salaries, hold concerts where all the proceeds go to charities, make it so part of EVERY concert's proceeds go to charities, and work for charities themselves.

That's good.

CandleJack
07-22-2009, 12:23 PM
omg linkn prk r so hxc

all musicians have that as a goal.

Please don't ever speak again.

stevetamis
07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
According to me linkin park is the better because i never heard avenged 7fold.

aurora22
07-22-2009, 09:09 PM
woah...ive read all comments and there are a bunch of strong opinions lol ;p

fullmetal
07-22-2009, 09:14 PM
I think its pretty much bullshit if you turn around and say any musician is out just to make money even if they made it into the lime light. If they produce and write their own music and make money out of it good for them. Though there are plenty of singers that just use prepackaged songs and sing them, and make millions. A band had to start some where, I'm pretty sure their goal is just to make music and have people enjoy it, though of course there are exceptions.

To answer the thread question, A7X isn't my cup of tea and Linkin Park has some good beats, I'm not a fan of them really.

scubasteveE
07-23-2009, 05:39 AM
all musicians have that as a goal.
Agreed, never speak again. Bands like Rise Against, Good Charlotte, August Burns Red, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus etc. have their own personally message to tell, and they do it through music. Their goal is to get the most people they can to listen to it. The money is just a bonus.

Of course they're the exceptions *cough*Britney Spears*cough*

F.D.
07-23-2009, 06:13 AM
I personally like Linkin Park better.

Hybrid Theory > Meteora > Minutes to Midnight.

~ Nick .

Charbok
07-23-2009, 07:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2STqlq6zL4

That drummer is pretty talented, but it's all speed. Any drummer can play that with enough practice since it's purely a matter of strength and stamina, whereas LP's drummer has technical ability and it's not just "BANG REALLY FAST AND IN BEAT" like a lot of "great drummers" are nowadays. Not saying it doesn't take skill, but it doesn't take raw talent to do that. Plus he's using double bass which is yucky.

Orthar
07-23-2009, 10:50 AM
That drummer is pretty talented, but it's all speed. Any drummer can play that with enough practice since it's purely a matter of strength and stamina, whereas LP's drummer has technical ability and it's not just "BANG REALLY FAST AND IN BEAT" like a lot of "great drummers" are nowadays. Not saying it doesn't take skill, but it doesn't take raw talent to do that. Plus he's using double bass which is yucky.

If you don't like Pete Sandoval, try some Gene Hoglan.

Or hell, listen to Nic Ritter from Warbringer: Nightmare Anatomy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerF9zUSTlQ)

MaskedJackal
07-23-2009, 01:04 PM

If Pete Sandoval doesn't have technical ability, then nobody does. He showed plenty of technique in that solo. Can the LP drummer blast beat at all?

Charbok
07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Or hell, listen to Nic Ritter from Warbringer: Nightmare Anatomy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XerF9zUSTlQ)

See, THAT'S technical ability.

If Pete Sandoval doesn't have technical ability, then nobody does. He showed plenty of technique in that solo. Can the LP drummer blast beat at all?

He doesn't mess with dotted notes, no counter tempos, and it's all directly on the beats. Come on. The LP drummer cannot blast like that, but he's got a lot more technique.

Tombi
07-23-2009, 07:25 PM
If we're discussing drummers with technique instead of speed, look up Mike Portnoy.

Charbok
07-23-2009, 07:55 PM
If we're discussing drummers with technique instead of speed, look up Mike Portnoy.

^A talented man, he is.

MaskedJackal
07-24-2009, 12:05 AM
He doesn't mess with dotted notes, no counter tempos, and it's all directly on the beats. Come on. The LP drummer cannot blast like that, but he's got a lot more technique.

...you don't know what technique is, do you? Blasting, double bass, speed... those things all have to do with technique. Pete Sandoval trumps pretty much anyone in those departments.

If you've gotta have his drumming in the context of a song, then here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJR7csUfWwk

Charbok
07-24-2009, 12:36 AM
...you don't know what technique is, do you? Blasting, double bass, speed... those things all have to do with technique. Pete Sandoval trumps pretty much anyone in those departments.

Then our definitions of technique are different then. My definition is playing with off-tempos, dotted notes and NOT DIRECTLY ON THE BEATS. Plus, double bass is terrible anyway, especially the way it's used nowadays.

If you've gotta have his drumming in the context of a song, then here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJR7csUfWwk

It's music this that just makes me hate the mentality of metal drummers sometimes...

MaskedJackal
07-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Then our definitions of technique are different then. My definition is playing with off-tempos, dotted notes and NOT DIRECTLY ON THE BEATS. Plus, double bass is terrible anyway, especially the way it's used nowadays.

Morbid Angel's style of death metal doesn't call for those things. It calls for speed.

Ayotui
07-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Not all. Have you looked into the underground? Most of them still have day jobs.

and what do you think those day jobs are for? making money.

so im gonna stick with my claim, all musician have making money as a goal.

Orthar
07-24-2009, 02:55 AM
and what do you think those day jobs are for ? making money.

You should have correct grammar as your goal. And no, not all musicians have making money as their goal. Look at guys like Varg Vikernes, his albums are rare to find and are limited in number, but he still made music because he enjoyed it. The same goes for smaller, less known bands who make music for themselves and anyone else who wants to listen.

While money may come with music, they are not necessarily making music for money and money alone.

scubasteveE
07-24-2009, 03:05 AM
You should have correct grammar as your goal. And no, not all musicians have making money as their goal. Look at guys like Varg Vikernes, his albums are rare to find and are limited in number, but he still made music because he enjoyed it. The same goes for smaller, less known bands who make music for themselves and anyone else who wants to listen.

While money may come with music, they are not necessarily making music for money and money alone.
QFT.
I've seen bands actually give away albums and EPs.....

Pokemon_Ron
07-24-2009, 06:44 AM
i would say A7x

even tho i despise both of the bands latest CD's.

MaskedJackal
07-24-2009, 01:40 PM
QFT.
I've seen bands actually give away albums and EPs.....

Yep. Demilich has all their demos and their album up for download.

Ayotui
07-24-2009, 01:43 PM

i never said they wanted to make money from music. i just said they wanted to make money.

Tombi
07-24-2009, 03:32 PM
The same goes for smaller, less known bands who make music for themselves and anyone else who wants to listen.

Exactly. Take black metal for instance. It wasn't made to have an audience. They made it because they liked it. The never thought anyone would actually listen to it.

The money is a bonus.

ReclusiveDemon
07-24-2009, 04:08 PM
and what do you think those day jobs are for? making money.

What is this garbage. This is right on the list of some of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

OF COURSE THEY HAVE THE DAY JOB FOR MAKING MONEY. YOU HAVE TO MAKE MONEY TO GET BY IN THIS WORLD. UNLIKE WHEN YOU LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS FREE OF CHARGE, THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHES AND A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD DOES NOT SIMPLY COME TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE.

GOOD GRIEF.

Ayotui
07-24-2009, 04:53 PM
What is this garbage. This is right on the list of some of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

OF COURSE THEY HAVE THE DAY JOB FOR MAKING MONEY. YOU HAVE TO MAKE MONEY TO GET BY IN THIS WORLD. UNLIKE WHEN YOU LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS FREE OF CHARGE, THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHES AND A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD DOES NOT SIMPLY COME TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE.

GOOD GRIEF.

thats what i meant. cause people where saying that musicians didnt care about money. but the truth is that everybody cares about money.

Pokemon_Ron
07-24-2009, 05:06 PM
ok seriously guys, stop fighting.

fullmetal
07-24-2009, 10:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVG8qwaoZ8

That is a drummer.

Pokemon_Ron
07-24-2009, 10:40 PM

That is a drummer.

dang yo that was some sick drumming!

Flammenwerfer
07-24-2009, 10:58 PM
A7X used to be my favorite band. I choose them because they had great music and lyrics.

Charbok
07-24-2009, 11:52 PM
As far as musicians and money, the bottom line is that if you have the ability to write music, you don't just do it for money. Being able to create some form of audio entertainment that people enjoy and that isn't complete and utter emotionless garbage means that you enjoy it, and if other people enjoy it that's great. It's something that applies to every singer, drummer, rapper, guitarist, bassist, screamer; whatever. If their music has emotion in it (and it's pretty clear who does and who doesn't) then it's a safe bet that they have that creative spark. If you've got the creative spark you really just don't care about money enough to stop making music without it.

That is a drummer.

See, that's good drumming in my opinion. Compare that to the ridiculously fast paced double bass stuff that goes around in a lot of metal today and there's no question that this guy has more talent. I think he overuses the double bass and cymbal style, but otherwise it's really quite good.

Ayotui
07-24-2009, 11:57 PM
ok i just want to make one thing clear i never said all musicians wrote music for money.

i said all musicians (and this goes for all people to) care about money and want to make money. you where the guys that made the link from music to money.

Orthar
07-25-2009, 12:09 AM
ok i just want to make one thing clear i never said all musicians wrote music for money.

i said all musicians (and this goes for all people to) care about money and want to make money. you where the guys that made the link from music to money.

Last time I checked to be a musician you had to write music. If you are a musician to make money, then you are writing music to make money.

What you said was still incredibly stupid, and false. Maybe for the generic crap on the radiowaves these days, but not for all bands.

Mitsuzo-kun
07-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Last time I checked to be a musician you had to write music. If you are a musician to make money, then you are writing music to make money.

Not all musicians write their own songs. :3

MaskedJackal
07-25-2009, 12:49 AM
thats what i meant. cause people where saying that musicians didnt care about money. but the truth is that everybody cares about money.

Just... stop talking. Thanks.

Not all musicians write their own songs. :3

In that case, I don't consider them musicians.

Pokemon_Ron
07-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Just... stop talking.Thanks.

after seeing your posts on this thread, i see that your a ignorant ass :susp:

fullmetal
07-25-2009, 04:19 AM
after seeing your posts on this thread, i see that your a ignorant ass :susp:

For the 1st time ever, I'm actually agreeing with him. That kid he said that to needed to be told that, in my opinion at least.

Pokemon_Ron
07-25-2009, 04:23 AM
For the 1st time ever, I'm actually agreeing with him. That kid he said that to needed to be told that, in my opinion at least.

haha why is this the 1st time your ever agreeing with me?

fullmetal
07-25-2009, 04:25 AM
haha why is this the 1st time your ever agreeing with me?

Not you, I'm agreeing with the kid you quoted.

Pokemon_Ron
07-25-2009, 04:27 AM
Not you, I'm agreeing with the kid you quoted.

oh lol. but some of the stuff masked jackal is saying is harsh and hes being a ass about it. some of the stuff he said was true but IMO alot of musicians continue to play because of the money.

fullmetal
07-25-2009, 04:29 AM
oh lol. but some of the stuff masked jackal is saying is harsh and hes being a ass about it. some of the stuff he said was true but IMO alot of musicians continue to play because of the money.

He just voices his mind in a different way, to be honest with you I'm the same as him when it comes to voicing my mind. Also people who don't write and play their own music are just performers to me, like Nickelback.

Pokemon_Ron
07-25-2009, 04:37 AM
He just voices his mind in a different way, to be honest with you I'm the same as him when it comes to voicing my mind. Also people who don't write and play their own music are just performers to me, like Nickelback.

yeh i dont like it when bands dont write their own stuff either

EDIT: what makes you think nickleback dosnt write their own music

fullmetal
07-25-2009, 04:47 AM
yeh i dont like it when bands dont write their own stuff either

EDIT: what makes you think nickleback dosnt write their own music

Read it in an interview a few months ago.

Pokemon_Ron
07-25-2009, 04:55 AM
Read it in an interview a few months ago.

oh ok just checking :]

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-25-2009, 05:45 AM
i never said they wanted to make money from music. i just said they wanted to make money.

Isn't this like, common sense? -_-

And this is getting off topic. D:< Never heard of Avenged 7fold or their songs, so I'm picking Linkin Park.

scubasteveE
07-26-2009, 02:42 AM
Isn't this like, common sense? -_-

And this is getting off topic. D:< Never heard of Avenged 7fold or their songs, so I'm picking Linkin Park.
Then Singapore must be located at the bottom of a trench. j/k
Here listen to them:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_UKfsWBWSE

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-26-2009, 07:28 AM
Then Singapore must be located at the bottom of a trench. j/k

It's not my country's fault that I don't listen to English songs that much. D:<

scubasteveE
07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
It's not my country's fault that I don't listen to English songs that much. D:<
I just thought it was strange that you've heard of Linkin Park, but not A7x :o

Charbok
07-26-2009, 10:04 PM
I just thought it was strange that you've heard of Linkin Park, but not A7x :o

Linkin Park is HUGE globally. A7x isn't THAT big.

Cucumber
07-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Dude these are two complete styles you can't really compare them in a healthy debate. They both aim to play different things.

Anyways, A7X get's my pick. I personally enjoy there music. Great band compared to most of the main stream bull **** today. Synister Gates can shred, Johnny Christ has some INSANE metal bass lines in the "City Of Evil" cd and can follow the guitarist in some nice riffs. The Rev can also play drums really well. Rhythm Guitarist is eh. Anyways I don't exactly like Linkin Park but like I said the two really can't be compared correctly.

A7x isn't THAT big.
They are actually a really big mainstream metal group. They have been a really big part of the metal scene ever since there first albums and all of there shows are sold out. They are known pretty damn well.

Ewwwww new a7x :[

Charbok
07-26-2009, 10:26 PM
They are actually a really big mainstream metal group. They have been a really big part of the metal scene ever since there first albums and all of there shows are sold out. They are known pretty damn well.

Oh, I'm not doubting that, but Linkin Park has broken records in other countries for largest concert attendance, especially in Asia. They played a show in Brazil and had a crowd of 80,000 people, with shows in China and South Korea rivaling that.

Cucumber
07-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Oh, I'm not doubting that, but Linkin Park has broken records in other countries for largest concert attendance, especially in Asia. They played a show in Brazil and had a crowd of 80,000 people, with shows in China and South Korea rivaling that.

I know, I was just saying A7X is pretty damn well known :]

Anyways looking at this quote,

You forgot about Neil Peart. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-k4wg70rg&feature=fvw)

MagmarMan
07-26-2009, 10:44 PM
Hybrid Theory and Meteora are both amazing. The newer Linkin Park albums aren't that bad but they're not what I would consider "true" Linkin Park.

Even with the recent Linkin Park albums, I still have to pick Linkin Park. They were the first band that I really liked, so the nostalgia wins out.

scubasteveE
07-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Ewwwww new a7x :[
:rolleyes: New/Old they're still good and Afterlife is my favorite song from them.

CandleJack
07-27-2009, 11:26 PM

OH WOW I MEAN YOU MUST BE A ******* GENIUS TO HAVE FIGURED OUT THAT CONUNDRUMa

So why point out this blatant fact? What we're trying to say here is that not all musicians will use their skill or compositions for profitable reasons and implying such a thing is completely ******* idiotic. Some people I know are perfectly fine making music or playing for bands in their spare time as a hobby whilst working in another job that brings in the income. If I worked at a retail store but played Basket Ball in my spare time, does that immediately mean that I would want to play basketball for money? No.

So what you've been saying all along is entirely ignorant and stupid and you sound like a dick. So I reiterate, never speak again.

Pokemon_Ron
07-28-2009, 05:29 AM
A7x new stuff is crap. the only good thing in their newest cd(not so new anymore) was that synesters solos became better

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Dude these are two complete styles you can't really compare them in a healthy debate. They both aim to play different things.

No wonder. :O I'm not big on metal.

Yep, Linkin Park for me.

OH WOW I MEAN YOU MUST BE A ****ING GENIUS TO HAVE FIGURED OUT THAT CONUNDRUMa

So why point out this blatant fact? What we're trying to say here is that not all musicians will use their skill or compositions for profitable reasons and implying such a thing is completely ****ing idiotic. Some people I know are perfectly fine making music or playing for bands in their spare time as a hobby whilst working in another job that brings in the income. If I worked at a retail store but played Basket Ball in my spare time, does that immediately mean that I would want to play basketball for money? No.

So what you've been saying all along is entirely ignorant and stupid and you sound like a ****. So I reiterate, never speak again.

Um.

MaskedJackal
08-01-2009, 03:46 PM
No wonder. :O I'm not big on metal.

Not to worry, then. Neither of these bands are even close to metal.

CandleJack
08-01-2009, 07:23 PM
Um.

I love how you feel obligated to reply to everyone present whether or not they were even addressing you. =D =D =D =D =D

Orthar
08-01-2009, 07:36 PM
I love how you feel obligated to reply to everyone present whether or not they were even addressing you. =D =D =D =D =D

I've noticed that as well.

Scourge of Amaranth
08-01-2009, 08:17 PM

I don't care about money.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-02-2009, 06:41 AM
Not to worry, then. Neither of these bands are even close to metal.

Really? :O They are actually a really big mainstream metal group. They have been a really big part of the metal scene ever since there first albums and all of there shows are sold out. They are known pretty damn well. What's this, then?

Seriously? :O That's creepy. I only quoted that because of all the curse words in that post. I censored the post.

MaskedJackal
08-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Really? :O What's this, then?

[/COLOR]

Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

CandleJack
08-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I only quoted that because of all the curse words in that post. I censored the post.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/rubberbandpimp/57957.jpg
^^^

Finch
08-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Brazil moved to Asia? Why wasn't I told?!

You know, the two bands are far too different to really compare. I can't begin to answer the question "who's better" for that reason but I'd be inclined to say I prefer A7X at the moment. Linkin Park have been churning out crap for a while.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-03-2009, 07:34 AM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b228/rubberbandpimp/57957.jpg
^^^

Well, I do.

Brazil moved to Asia? Why wasn't I told?!

You know, the two bands are far too different to really compare. I can't begin to answer the question "who's better" for that reason but I'd be inclined to say I prefer A7X at the moment. Linkin Park have been churning out crap for a while.

I lol'd at the bolded part. XD

And A7X haven't been churning out crap? :X

MaskedJackal
08-03-2009, 01:28 PM
And A7X haven't been churning out crap? :X

They have, but it doesn't come anywhere near the crappiness of Linkin Park.

Tombi
08-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I saw 'em both live at the weekend. Linkin Park sound exactly the same on the recordings live, but hell, they were BORING. Avenged Sevenfold at least put on a good show, and even though they're total posers they have a pretty good stage presence. Their music sounds better than Linkin Park's, too.

Metallic Houndoom
08-03-2009, 01:42 PM
I think they're both decent but A7X is way better.

Finch
08-05-2009, 11:27 AM
They have, but it doesn't come anywhere near the crappiness of Linkin Park.
Thanks. That was what I meant ;)

Stardy
08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Haaate Avenged Sevenfold. And Linkin Park, no matter how mainstream they are, are one of my favorite bands of all time. I'll get lynched for saying that, but yeah. ¬.¬

Cucumber
08-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Their first couple of albums where actually probably pretty popular. All because they aren't amazing doesn't mean they weren't popular. I guess I shouldn't say Metal since I honestly don't know the appropriate genre for them. I don't give enough of a **** about genre anymore.