PDA

View Full Version : Your Most Hated Anime?

scubasteveE
07-21-2009, 04:49 AM
Title says it all.
Mine are:
Queen's Blade
Rave Master
Inuyasha
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell SAC
Prince of Tennis

Now you know the rules so don't flame someone because they have a anime you like in their list.

Willow
07-21-2009, 04:53 AM
I have always had a vendetta with Inuyasha for some reason. I also disliked Was it call One or something there was a pirate and fighting. One piece maybe.

Gokudera-Kun
07-21-2009, 04:57 AM
I'm fine with most anime, but I do hate Shaman King. I thought it was awesome until I read the manga. A lot of the later chapters weren't covered. We never got to see Chocolove's past, nobody went to Hell, those Buddhist Shamans were missing... there's a lot that was deleted basically.

Minorin
07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
My most hated anime would have to be Shugo Chara. It's about eggs. How retarded is that.

Vaughn
07-21-2009, 04:07 PM
Probably Ouran High School, or whatever it was called, and Fruits Basket.

Willow
07-21-2009, 04:28 PM
What is it about the fruitsbasket animethat is so bad. I heard it is worse then the manga.

miyoun
07-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Fruits Basket is about the chinese Zodiac. The anime sucked but the Manga was good.

:V

Naruto. It's so gross.

Ryenne
07-22-2009, 07:49 AM
I love Fruits Basket ;___;

Ugh, for me...Zatch Bell. Dolls have always creeped me out. >.>

Phantom Kat
07-22-2009, 08:04 AM
I agree with everyone who said Fruits Basket. The manga was tolerable (although I grew tired of it after like five volumes), but the anime grated my nerves solely because of Tohru. She came off being so annoying, helpless, and freaking optimistic that I just stopped watching before I came close to throttling my computer. >.>

Really, that's the only anime that I've seen most of that I can say I really dislike (not exactly hate).

*goes to watch Full Metal Alchemist and Yu-Yu-Hakusho*

- Kat

manga1313
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
mine has to be cowboy bebop
i hate tht

diamondpearl876
07-24-2009, 04:06 AM
Tsubasa Chronicles. The ones who made it skipped most of the arcs that were important. Also, the series is supposed to cross over with xxxHOLiC, but the anime completely avoids that and as a result, nothing in the anime makes sense.

The manga is much, much better. =\

Atropos
07-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Ugh...Easy. I hate One Piece and Bobobobobobobo bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo bo bobobobobobobo bobobobobo bo bobo, or however you say it. (The dude with the nose hair and blonde afro)

Pokemon_Ron
07-24-2009, 05:56 AM
i pretty much hate bleach

yeh i know, weird eh :o

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
07-25-2009, 07:31 AM
I don't really hate any anime, to be honest... :X

Winter
07-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Definately not a fan of Bobobo and I'm not too big on the Bleach anime, I like the manga better since it doesn't have tons of crappy filler episodes. But I must say, I've hated Prince of Tennis since I saw episode one.

scubasteveE
07-26-2009, 02:05 AM
I actually love Bobobo :(
I have another one to add to my list: Aika Zero. I watched half of the first episode and it was so freaking annoying -_- So many pantie shots....... I stopped counting after thirty.

miyoun
07-26-2009, 02:12 AM
Tsubasa Chronicles. The ones who made it skipped most of the arcs that were important. Also, the series is supposed to cross over with xxxHOLiC, but the anime completely avoids that and as a result, nothing in the anime makes sense.

The manga is much, much better. =\

I read it was a mix of ALL CLAMP work.

Because a different KIND of Chii is in it. Also xxxHolic is CLAMP, etc etc etc.

Personally I never got into Tsubasa.

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-26-2009, 03:23 AM
I don't really hate any anime (besides Gun Grave), I mostly hate certain anime's fans.

Naruto, Death Note, ect. have really irritating fanbases.

If I go to a mall and see another hot topic filled with death note fans crouching and biting their thumbs, I think I might punch one of them. :happy:

I knew when I came in here I'd see Cowbow Bebop and Ghost in the Shell. They're pretty sophisticated and at times require thinking in order to fully understand and appriciate the story they tell.

kokovo
07-28-2009, 04:11 AM
I hate Bobobo.
It's so frickin stupid!

Pika57
07-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Bleach. It seemed to start out all right, but as time has passed I've hated it with a fiery passion. I've actually looked back at some of the older stuff and have found that I enjoy the first theme song more than any of the episodes, and that the plot is so subtly convoluted at times that it makes me want to vomit.

In general, I dislike anime more than I dislike manga, with the exception of anime original series, which tend to be the other way around. I guess, ultimately, that derivations annoy me, but anime derived from manga stands out in that its the same stuff, only it takes 20 minutes longer to express, and generally those extra 20 minutes are as poorly done and infuriating as possible. Do note that I am also disappointed heavily in the Bleach manga, its not just the anime adaptation I'm in a fit over.

Megiddo Flame
07-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Pokemon (it's too repetitive. If you want a good monster anime, GO WATCH DIGIMON FOR CHUCK NORRIS'S SAKE!)
Naruto (I just never got the whole point)
Bakugan (Several other similar animes mashed together)
Sonix X (Jason Griffith as Sonic = Epic Fail, and 4kids made it crap anyway)
Yu-Gi-Oh (IT TOTALLY KILLED POKEMON AND DIGIMON! ESPECIALLY DIGIMON! Plus, the worst anime dub 4kids ever did!)

Pika57
07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh (IT TOTALLY KILLED POKEMON AND DIGIMON! ESPECIALLY DIGIMON! Plus, the worst anime dub 4kids ever did!)

Someone clearly never saw their One Piece dub.

Peace Buyer
07-31-2009, 11:27 PM
Bleach. It seemed to start out all right, but as time has passed I've hated it with a fiery passion. I've actually looked back at some of the older stuff and have found that I enjoy the first theme song more than any of the episodes, and that the plot is so subtly convoluted at times that it makes me want to vomit.

In general, I dislike anime more than I dislike manga, with the exception of anime original series, which tend to be the other way around. I guess, ultimately, that derivations annoy me, but anime derived from manga stands out in that its the same stuff, only it takes 20 minutes longer to express, and generally those extra 20 minutes are as poorly done and infuriating as possible. Do note that I am also disappointed heavily in the Bleach manga, its not just the anime adaptation I'm in a fit over.

Your just lame now for hating on bleach...
Naruto, Just not that action packed at all, and its for kids, I need something for teens/ adults, in that case, Bleach wouldnt be on this list.

I may not be into manga as much as anime.

another ones is
Pokemon, it shouldnt even be considered anime,
Digimon, same thing as Pokemon
Bakugan,plain old creepy
thats just about it.

~Peace

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-01-2009, 04:23 PM

You need this thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99277) badly. It tells you why they are rightfully considered anime.

Scourge of Amaranth
08-01-2009, 04:31 PM
You need this thread (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99277) badly. It tells you why they are rightfully considered animes.

*headdesk*

Er, I seem to have developed a raging dislike for the entirety of the 'romantic comedy' genre of anime/manga. Can't recall the title--Love.com, or something like that--but I was abandoned at a random person's house for several hours and had nothing better to do than watch it. It stars... a couple... and the dividing force between their love... is a six inch height difference. ;-; Same person subjected me to Da Da Da, which involved an alien baby. So, yeah.

Pika57
08-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Your just lame now for hating on bleach...
Naruto, Just not that action packed at all, and its for kids, I need something for teens/ adults, in that case, Bleach wouldnt be on this list.

I may not be into manga as much as anime.

another ones is
Bakugan,plain old creepy
thats just about it.

~Peace

Just because Naruto doesn't spend every single moment having something kill something else doesn't mean its for kids. Bleach and Naruto (the mangas) are published in the same magazine in Japan. Just because the Naruto dub isn't on Adult Swim doesn't mean crap.

Now Digimon is primarily for a younger audience, as is Pokemon. However, Digimon Tamers was one of the most kick-ass anime I've ever seen.

Yes you hit a sore spot...

*headdesk*

Er, I seem to have developed a raging dislike for the entirety of the 'romantic comedy' genre of anime/manga. Can't recall the title--Love.com, or something like that--but I was abandoned at a random person's house for several hours and had nothing better to do than watch it. It stars... a couple... and the dividing force between their love... is a six inch height difference. ;-; Same person subjected me to Da Da Da, which involved an alien baby. So, yeah.

Thats why when looking for romantic comedy, you read Mahou Sensei Negima (or watch one of the anime's, but they really aren't as good). It was written by Ken Akamatsu, author of Love Hina, who, when forced to write another romantic comedy to cash in on his previous success, decided to just write a romantic comedy with a large amount of fighting. Seriously, it may take you a few chapters to get into it, but before long, you'll notice that you're in the center of an incredibly epic battle and be like, "Where has all the romantic comedy gone?"

shucklerules
08-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Probably Ouran High School, or whatever it was called, and Fruits Basket.

Yeah those ones are terrible.

Scourge of Amaranth
08-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Heh, I've read both. Didn't particularly like either, honestly. I'm normally eh on romantic comedy in general, but anime romantic comedy grates on me even more than usual. ;_;

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-02-2009, 06:23 AM
*headdesk*

And why? :O

Just because Naruto doesn't spend every single moment having something kill something else doesn't mean its for kids. Bleach and Naruto (the mangas) are published in the same magazine in Japan. Just because the Naruto dub isn't on Adult Swim doesn't mean crap.

Now Digimon is primarily for a younger audience, as is Pokemon. However, Digimon Tamers was one of the most kick-ass anime I've ever seen.

Yes you hit a sore spot...

Thats why when looking for romantic comedy, you read Mahou Sensei Negima (or watch one of the anime's, but they really aren't as good). It was written by Ken Akamatsu, author of Love Hina, who, when forced to write another romantic comedy to cash in on his previous success, decided to just write a romantic comedy with a large amount of fighting. Seriously, it may take you a few chapters to get into it, but before long, you'll notice that you're in the center of an incredibly epic battle and be like, "Where has all the romantic comedy gone?"

Quoted for truth.

Heh, I've read both. Didn't particularly like either, honestly. I'm normally eh on romantic comedy in general, but anime romantic comedy grates on me even more than usual. ;_;

I see. Your most hated genre?

Scourge of Amaranth
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
@first question: 'Cause the initial start of that thread was hilarious.

@Second: No, actually. That would be the travel guide genre.

Ridley
08-02-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't like the fanbases of Naruto and Inuyasha.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-03-2009, 07:30 AM
@first question: 'Cause the initial start of that thread was hilarious.

@Second: No, actually. That would be the travel guide genre.

... O_O

Wait. There is such a genre? :O

ShionRasenka
08-03-2009, 11:15 PM
I LOVE the tv series of Magic Knight Rayearth, but I freaking DESPISE THE OVA!!!! It freaking sucked.... The plot was unclear, it seemed like you were supposed to know what was going on already, and almost all the characters were totally opposite of what they were in the series. After only 10 minutes of watching, my friend who had bought the tape and I went back to the store with my mom and we returned it.

Master Zorua
08-03-2009, 11:44 PM
The first few seasons of Naruto SUCKED!!! And even though Naruto has gotten better, he's still annoying as all hell.

Also, the second Record of Lodoss War series was horrendous. The voice acting was horrible, people and beings that were KILLED in the first series were REVIVED, ALIVE AND WELL in the second series AS IF NOTHING HAPPENED TO THEM! I mean how the hell do you get sliced in half, buried beneath the ground and molten lava and come back in the second series as if nothing happened! And the chibi crap aka "the second part" after each episode made me want to destroy the dvds.

Dr Scott
08-03-2009, 11:48 PM
One Piece.

The voice acting was the most horrible thing I've ever heard.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-04-2009, 04:46 AM
I don't like the fanbases of Naruto and Inuyasha.

They're just fanbases of the anime, not the anime themselves.

The first few seasons of Naruto SUCKED!!! And even though Naruto has gotten better, he's still annoying as all hell.

Which makes the anime so successful. He's what they call "an unlikely hero".

-Holland-
08-30-2009, 02:23 AM
One Piece.

The voice acting was the most horrible thing I've ever heard.

That and Code Geass for me.

Sequentio
08-30-2009, 02:50 AM
Naruto, Bleach and InuYasha.

Not only are there excessive fillers, but they re-use the same story lines again and again.
How many times can Naruto fight a rival clan?
How many times can Ichigo fight?
How many times can InuYasha save a whining Kagome? >_>

They do, however, have one redeeming feature. The music.

Peace Buyer
08-30-2009, 04:24 AM
Naruto, Bleach and InuYasha.

Not only are there excessive fillers, but they re-use the same story lines again and again.
How many times can Naruto fight a rival clan?
How many times can Ichigo fight?
How many times can InuYasha save a whining Kagome? >_>

They do, however, have one redeeming feature. The music.

OMG how could you hate on Bleach and Inuyasha!?!?!?!

I can understand Naruto, its just pure old gay.

but why bleach and Inuyasha?

Grassy_Aggron
08-30-2009, 04:32 AM
Sonic X (Jason Griffith as Sonic = Epic Fail, and 4kids made it crap anyway)

....Poor Jason. Everyone hates the poor guy-I feel so bad for him. I never even noticed the difference in the games (aside from Shadow. That irked me, but I've grown used to his voice ^^ ). People need to lighten up, in my opinion. It was wrong for SEGA not to tell Ryan he was no longer Sonic's voice actor, true, but people shouldn't flame Jason for it.

I'm still hoping for another season ^^ *Done ranting*

But...Bo bo bo-bo bo bo, or whatever it is. I cannot STAND IT. One Piece was great in the beginning, but then they replaced all the actors...Luffy didn't do his laugh anymore, and poor Chopper got a high whiny voice T^T

Oh, and I'm watching Bleach right now XD

Gamedude
08-30-2009, 04:33 AM
I'll save u time by saying my favourites; Avatar... thats it... All other ANIME SUCK!!!

-Holland-
08-30-2009, 04:44 AM
OMG how could you hate on Bleach and Inuyasha!?!?!?!

I can understand Naruto, its just pure old gay.

but why bleach and Inuyasha?

Inuyasha recycles the same old cliches all the time, and, indeed, there are a lot of fillers. Moreover, the writing is severely flawed, and all the humor is painfully dry. Quite frankly, I've never understood why this show has had so much priority in terms of preference over so many other animes. Maybe people admire it for its soap-opera-esque framing, but I never liked that to begin with.

I kind of like Bleach, but, admittedly, the fillers are all a little stupid, and they hardly give any background information on any of the characters (though sometimes they do, and it's sort of nice). Otherwise, though the plot is interesting to follow and the fights are really cool, the humor is, at times, too juvenile, and some segments are just poorly written. It has its good moments and some great ones, but the rest of the show is just comprised of generic anime decency.

Peace Buyer
08-30-2009, 04:44 AM
....Poor Jason. Everyone hates the poor guy-I feel so bad for him. I never even noticed the difference in the games (aside from Shadow. That irked me, but I've grown used to his voice ^^ ). People need to lighten up, in my opinion. It was wrong for SEGA not to tell Ryan he was no longer Sonic's voice actor, true, but people shouldn't flame Jason for it.

I'm still hoping for another season ^^ *Done ranting*

But...Bo bo bo-bo bo bo, or whatever it is. I cannot STAND IT. One Piece was great in the beginning, but then they replaced all the actors...Luffy didn't do his laugh anymore, and poor Chopper got a high whiny voice T^T

Oh, and I'm watching Bleach right now XD

Damn you!!

your soooo lucky I sooo wana watch it!!! TT-TT

Sequentio
08-30-2009, 04:47 AM
I'll save u time by saying my favourites; Avatar... thats it... All other ANIME SUCK!!!
Like Avatar... As in the thing they put on Nickelodeon?

"...and some segments are just poorly written..."
Most of them are. D:

-Holland-
08-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Damn you!!

your soooo lucky I sooo wana watch it!!! TT-TT

It's one Adult Swim at this very moment, actually. Also, you can probably watch a lot of the show on Anime Viewer.

"...and some segments are just poorly written..."
Most of them are. D:

Sometimes it helps to be modest in an opinionated discussion. =[ At least, I like to think so...>_>

Peace Buyer
08-30-2009, 04:52 AM

your pretty messed up kid,

Lol thnx for the info, I think

-Holland-
08-30-2009, 05:09 AM
your pretty ****** up kid,

Lol thnx for the info, I think

That's kind of blunt. It makes sense to me, though. Avatar has mainly American influences (in terms of writing, I guess), and so most people who don't really have a taste for anime would innately prefer Avatar. The show has a different feel to it, and so it actually makes sense that he doesn't really like any animes.

Sequentio
08-30-2009, 05:14 AM
That's kind of blunt. It makes sense to me, though. Avatar has mainly American influences (in terms of writing, I guess), and so most people who don't really have a taste for anime would innately prefer Avatar. The show has a different feel to it, and so it actually makes sense that he doesn't really like any animes.

Avatar is in no way Anime. At all. Not even remotely.
It was produced in the US by Nickelodeon Studios. Not in Japan. @__@
It's the same as Teen Titans. They may borrow an anime-style in art, (and in the case of the latter, a japanese theme song) but they are not produced as a cartoon in Japan, and therefore cannot be considered anime. D:

Peace Buyer
08-30-2009, 05:15 AM
but dont it gotta be liek japanesse first?

-Holland-
08-30-2009, 05:20 AM
but dont it gotta be liek japanesse first?

Well, yeah. I'm bad with the whole terminology of these things, but I'm pretty sure that anything animated show outside of Japan cannot be considered anime. That might just be because only Japan makes its animated shows as jacked up as they are. All things considered, I think Avatar is actually a "cartoon."

Though, don't the end credits of Full Metal Alchemist say it's made in Fort Worth, Texas?

Sequentio
08-30-2009, 05:24 AM
Well, yeah. I'm bad with the whole terminology of these things, but I'm pretty sure that anything animated show outside of Japan cannot be considered anime. That might just be because only Japan makes its animated shows as jacked up as they are. All things considered, I think Avatar is actually a "cartoon."

Though, don't the end credits of Full Metal Alchemist say it's made in Fort Worth, Texas?

No. FMA was drawn and produced in Japan. (I'm assuming the dubbing was done in Texas.)

Anime is the "translation" (albeit a terrible one) of Japanese Animation.
Therefore is does have to be Japanese for it to be anime. Otherwise, it's merely a cartoon.

-Holland-
08-30-2009, 05:27 AM
No. FMA was drawn and produced in Japan. (I'm assuming the dubbing was done in Texas.)

Anime is the "translation" (albeit a terrible one) of Japanese Animation.
Therefore is does have to be Japanese for it to be anime. Otherwise, it's merely a cartoon.

Actually, yeah, that makes a lot more sense. I just noted that because the Fort Worth Funimation pops up a lot more in those ending credits than they ever did in Dragon Ball/Z.

And now I finally have clarification on what anime actually is, >_>.

Sequentio
08-30-2009, 05:31 AM
Oddly enough, most dubbs are voiced in Texas or Canada for American airing.
(Funimation, 4Kids & VIZ). o_o;

Maleficent
08-30-2009, 05:34 AM
Bleach. Can't STAND it.

-Holland-
08-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Oddly enough, most dubbs are voiced in Texas or Canada for American airing.
(Funimation, 4Kids & VIZ). o_o;

Yes, the two places other than Japan where anime is so lovingly embraced...0_o

FireBrawl Latios
08-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Persona - Trinity Soul.

It was pretty gay.

-Holland-
08-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Persona - Trinity Soul.

It was pretty gay.

Actually, speaking of the word "Trinity."

I really hate Trinity Blood. The art style was what bugged me most of the time, but other than that, the whole soap opera/Christian ideal thing didn't really work out because the writing was so stupid.

Fluffy Mew
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I hate Shugo Chara A bit, because the Chara eggs.If they just left it about the girl and the boy, I'd love it. I rate it 7/10.

SaviorSephiroth
11-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Pokémon.
Hihi :3

scubasteveE
11-20-2009, 06:12 AM
Avatar is in no way Anime. At all. Not even remotely.
It was produced in the US by Nickelodeon Studios. Not in Japan. @__@
It's the same as Teen Titans. They may borrow an anime-style in art, (and in the case of the latter, a japanese theme song) but they are not produced as a cartoon in Japan, and therefore cannot be considered anime. D:
Actually most people do consider it to be a anime, and I think it's pretty accurate for people to do so.

I think I already said this, but Queen's Blade. >_>

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
11-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Actually most people do consider it to be a anime, and I think it's pretty accurate for people to do so.

Well, those people were wrong.

XaiakuX
11-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Pokémon.
Hihi :3

Pokemon started failing after Johto as far as Anime. But the ones I hate most is Death Note and Naruto. I would love Death Note if all of those stupid Fangirls, and Fanboys, would just stop it.. x_X

Naruto is an anime with several fillers, and the english dub is retarted. x_X

Tombi
11-20-2009, 04:55 PM

That's like calling Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends anime, or The Marvellous Misadventures of Flapjack.

Or Spongebob.

As for most hated, I dunno. The prospect of 'Naruto' these days terrifies me...

scubasteveE
11-20-2009, 06:49 PM
That's like calling Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends anime, or The Marvellous Misadventures of Flapjack.

Or Spongebob.

As for most hated, I dunno. The prospect of 'Naruto' these days terrifies me...
-_- Have you ever seen an episode of it? It's nothing like those.

This is from wikipedia, and even though it's from wikipedia, it's correct:
"The show drew on elements from East Asian, South Asian, and Western culture, making it a mixture of anime and US domestic cartoons."

Sequentio
11-20-2009, 07:12 PM

"The show drew on elements from East Asian, South Asian, and Western culture, making it a mixture of anime and US domestic cartoons."
Anime is literally defined as a cartoon produced in Japan.
That is the definition.
Avatar was not produced in Japan or anywhere near there, so it cannot be an anime. At all. Ever.
Even if it may be about varied Asian cultures, it was drawn in Nickelodeon Studios - not Japan.

Synester
11-20-2009, 07:24 PM

[insert stupid unreliable Wikipedia bs here]

Avatar is not an anime, it was not made/produced in Japan, so its not an anime, and it never will be an anime.

Now, back to the topic, my list could go on forever, but I'll start with the basic.

Deathnote - Not so much the anime or manga, just the fanbase.
Naruto - Same as Deathnote
Inuyasha - Same as Deathnote
Bakugan - Seriously, that voice acting in that show is god awful @_@

Err, thats all for now, I'll be back when I think of more.

Oh, and if anyone mentions Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, you die.

Tombi
11-20-2009, 07:56 PM
Spongebob

nothing like those

Nickelodeon Studios

*clears throat*

Also.

The show drew on elements from East Asian, South Asian, and Western culture, making it a mixture of anime and US domestic cartoons

What is this

What, so because the show is about Asia, it means it's anime?

WHAT IS THIS. XD

Trust PE2K forums, mate: Avatar is not, in any way, shape, or form, anime. Maybe go look up the definition of anime yourself?

Woodchuck
11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
My most hated anime is anime.

Tombi
11-20-2009, 07:59 PM

Gtfo off of here, freak.

<3

XaiakuX
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM

lulz. I dont watch much anime anymore, so I can understand that perfectly. xD

scubasteveE
11-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Lol

I swear, people think it's the end of the world when someone says something they don't agree with.

@tombi: It is not like sponge bob. Since you didn't say if you watched it or not, I'm going to assume you never had. So, how can you say something is similar to something else, when you never seen it?

I mean it, this is the first place where I have heard that people don't consider it a anime, but whatever. Also it doesn't matter what it is because it's a great show, so I'm going to file this under stupid argument and be done with it.

TsukiKaiki64
11-21-2009, 04:44 AM
If anything, Avatar is pretty close to being anime, but I consider it just an awesome show <3 There are a lot of japanese/chinese symbols used and it has the style, but i agree with it being more cartoon then anime. Though it would have made an amazing anime if it had real blood and more violence and stuff <3

As for hated? Death Note, by far. I seriously just don't get what all the hype is about. The plot gets pretty ridiculous, if you ask me. The beggining is fine, but the fangirls (and boys) ruin it. Ugh.

Tombi
11-21-2009, 03:37 PM
@tombi: It is not like sponge bob. Since you didn't say if you watched it or not, I'm going to assume you never had. So, how can you say something is similar to something else, when you never seen it?

I mean it, this is the first place where I have heard that people don't consider it a anime, but whatever. Also it doesn't matter what it is because it's a great show, so I'm going to file this under stupid argument and be done with it.

First off, I said that as a joke. I've seen Avatar, I found it crap, and it isn't TECHNICALLY anime as it doesn't fit the literal definition of anime. Just because it deals with Asian themes doesn't make it anime.

Secondly, no, we don't think it's the end of the world. We're merely correcting you.

Thirdly, sure. *shrug* Whatever you say.

George Jefferson
11-21-2009, 05:51 PM
Hulk Hogan's Rock n Roll Wrestling anime or w/e it's called.

Brother.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Hulk Hogan's Rock n Roll Wrestling anime or w/e it's called.

Brother.

Is it even an anime? :O

Kendo
01-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I think we should all drop the Avatar argument right now. It's already been corrected, it's not anime but it's very animesque, some people call Avatar and Teen Titans "Americanime", so yeah.

Anyways, hmm...the absolute worst anime I've ever seen? I haven't seen that much anime that was that bad, actually, and if it was bad it was funny. Naruto was meh-okay, it had ups and downs, but I don't hate it. If you let me say my least favorite MANGA it would have to be Kitchen Princess, hands-down, out of what I've read thus far, at least.

I dunno. At the worst, anime I've seen tends to be, at worst...mediocre. Or funny in its notgoodery.

austbot
01-06-2010, 01:48 AM
well i just LOVED death note until i saw the final episode :( but other than that pokemon srry fans of the show tom and jerry and thats all i can currently think of lol

iSugar
01-06-2010, 02:53 AM
My most hated anime would have to be Shugo Chara. It's about eggs. How retarded is that.

I hate Shugo Chara A bit, because the Chara eggs.If they just left it about the girl and the boy, I'd love it. I rate it 7/10.

I quite like Shugo Chara. =/ I don't find it retarded. And which boy do you mean? Ikuto or Tadase?

Mew Ichigo
01-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Naruto. That was the worst anime I have ever seen. EVER. I never did get into it, I mean, c'mon. The only thing good about Naruto is Sasuke.

AD Police. It was boring. No storyline, and the characters were terribly drawn. I watch 15 minutes of episode 1, turned it off.

Mew Mew Power. I LOVE Tokyo Mew Mew. HATE Mew Mew Power. It's the worst English dub that's ever been on 4kids. Then again, 4kids ruins all good anime, so I am not surprised.

Dylan
02-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, I've always liked Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece, but I really don't like Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo. How many Bos is that? Six? That was weird and gross, lol.

Btw, if you never got into Naruto, I never did either, lol. Until you get past episode 25, it's not as good...

akaichi
02-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Yu-gi-oh GX. Loved the original, and 5D's is good, but they made damn Jayden a NOOBISH IDIOT!

GallantlyGlaceon
02-13-2010, 11:59 PM
That Bo-Bo-Bo anime Dylan was talking about. That was too weird for any sane person to watch, and too creepy.

Pokemon_Ron
02-14-2010, 12:00 AM
That Bo-Bo-Bo anime Dylan was talking about. That was too weird for any sane person to watch, and too creepy.

Bo Bo Bo was f'ing awesome....

akaichi
02-14-2010, 12:01 AM

I liked it, but then I am insane. And it was Bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo.

Pokemon_Ron
02-14-2010, 12:18 AM
I liked it, but then I am insane. And it was Bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo-bo.

I was pretty sure it was 7 "Bo's". It's a shame they don't show it on CN anymore....

Peace Buyer
02-14-2010, 08:43 AM
[COLOR="Magenta"]Naruto. That was the worst anime I have ever seen. EVER. I never did get into it, I mean, c'mon. The only thing good about Naruto is Sasuke.

[\COLOR]

TOTALLY agreese with you!!

Worst anime in the history of the galaxy

Love pokemon but its still the worst anime in the world

Seliana
02-14-2010, 11:16 AM

Is it wrong that I actually *like* it when Naruto has it's softer moments? I think it balances a story out, and the characters...seriously, when things like Jiraiya's death occurred, and Itachi did the whole finger-poke thing to Sasuke before he died, Kurenai finds out Asuma's dead, Shikamaru bursts into tears after his father speaks to him after Asuma's death, we learn about Gaara's past - the list goes on...seriously, ignoring the fact some of them go on for episodes, I really find that when put down right, moments like that in a show based primarily on the concept of a mob of people (generally under the age of forty, which, if you want to think back to the time of the samurai and the ninja, wasn't considered unusual at all) sneaking around, jutsu-ing the crap out of each other and stopping what's quite a shady grey in terms of evil can really hit you.

The only thing I really don't like about Naruto is the fanbase. Especially the Sasuke-loons. Kids, seriously, just because I don't write Sakura/Hinata/Tenten/Temari/Naruto/Ino/Tsunade/Pakkun with Sasuke, and don't gush over him - actually, the worst I've said about him so far is "He's cute, but he's just not up there in what I find great about a guy or a character." -, doesn't give you the right to grab your pitchforks and your My Little Ponies in your attempts to lynch me. (Yeah, this might be a sore point)

Also, Naruto isn't for kids, I agree. Where I live, it never goes below a PG-rating, and more often than not, it hovers around the M-rating margin.

Anyway, animes I don't particularly like:

Fruits Basket: Mostly because of Tohru. I don't get how half the important male characters could fall for her. I mean, there's sunshine shining out of your orfices, and then there's really SUNSHINE blinding everyone to the point where they dissolve into a mutinous rage.

Bleach: ...actually, I like a lot of Bleach. What annoys me is that nobody EVER seems to die. Not from memory, anyway. Seretei's got to be one overpopulated region, seriously.
Also, most of the fanbase. And the ironic thing is, I find most of my sane Bleach-fan counterparts in what is my favorite shipping, but what has got to be a remotely possible but absolutely mental pairing in the fandom - Zaraki Kenpachi/Unohana Retsu. No, I am dead serious, those fans are more sane than the other half of the Bleach fanbase.

And then there's others that I plain just didn't like: Death Note (I did love it for it's themes, actually, so blame the fanbase - Light/Kira is NOT misunderstood, girls; he's a sadistic, manipulative little jerk); Cowboy Behop, Bobobo, One Piece.

Volcanflame
02-14-2010, 02:59 PM
Naruto's overrated. I hate it.

-Volcan-

Pokemon_Ron
02-14-2010, 06:47 PM
A Naruto flame will end up starting :P

I don't hate Naruto, nor like it. I'm iffy about it. It's an ok show but it got boring and repetitive after a while. Naruto(the character) is just plain old annoying after a while. I havn't got a chance to watch Shippuden yet but my guess is it's gonna be bad since it's on Disney XD.

Seliana
02-15-2010, 12:05 AM
Not if people stay reasonable and mature about it, it won't. You know, when people start going "OMG U *insert endearing name here* HOW COULD U NOT LIKE IT!!!1111eleventy!"...that's when flame wars start.

I know I couldn't care less if someone likes it or hates it. I like it, I just know I'm well aware of its failings, too. And I could very easily hate it with that fanbase. But I'd be the first to tell you where it goes wrong, if I felt like it.

Also, I have a question for any more avid Death Note watchers. I assume Light is aware of his Kira side, or is that incorrect? Is he completely aware of it, or is it like some sick twist on split personality disorder?

Kendo
02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
I can understand why people can dislike Bobobo-bobobobo (yes, it's 7 bo's), but I found it pretty funny. Of course, if you're not into random demented and sometimes crude humor you're gonna hate it. And it's highly illogical, obviously.

But anyways, how is the best part of Naruto Sasuke? Is it because he's cool in how he's, at least in the beginning, pretty much ineffectual towards other things? Wow. I love that in a man. But really, if there's any other reason, tell me, because nobody really says what it is about him that makes them like the character much other than "coolness" or something like that.

And...I liked Naruto before I was actually able to point out its flaws. I mean, it's got a big, fun cast of characters (so many fan-comics have been made), some exciting battles, interesting abilities...but I think it's just your typical shonen anime in the end. Really nothing special when you balance out the pros and cons.

PerSempreTua
04-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Generic ones that run on forever and wind up losing all substance and meaning, but would have been good if they just stopped while they were ahead. Bleach, InuYasha, Naruto, etc.

... Why are these all hugely popular again?

Ken
04-11-2010, 02:01 AM
Fruits Basket*. =\ And probably Bleach.

*The anime - NOT the manga. The manga was awesome.

Kers
04-11-2010, 02:30 AM
I don't like Pokemon! >:B

MoonKit
04-11-2010, 02:54 AM
I dislike Naruto. It has a plot that seems ALOT like Pokemon's old plots (hint hint) except without any Pokemon (Unless you call that rat-dog a Pokemon) and there is usually a boring ending. For example its like one world changes, Sasuke beats Naruto or whatever. NOT what a person thinks is cool, unless you have no idea what the heck Anime is.

Masami
04-11-2010, 03:06 AM
The current pokemon anime.
Bring us Kanto back.

Vanity
04-11-2010, 05:00 AM
All Anime's dubbed by 4kids.

Starkipraggy
05-02-2010, 10:48 AM
The current pokemon anime.
Bring us Kanto back.
They should stop with the Pokemon Anime and make a PokeSpecial OVA.

I hate Naruto/Bleach for the fanbases so never watched, no opinion. :/

Least favourite anime goes to Get Backers, mostly because how near the middle it stopped following the manga and crumbled into this steaming pile of crap. I can live with cliches, because at least they're coherent. I say least favourite simply because I like everything else better. :X

Lunar Lime
05-02-2010, 12:43 PM
.-.

Definitely Fruits Basket.

Well, the manga's ok, but the anime is ADSODIODOOIJAEOIJODE

D:

Starkipraggy
05-03-2010, 07:42 AM
I'm sorry, my most HATED anime goes to Gundam SeeD Destiny because everything about it is fail. Even Kira. They could have made a better anime if they starred Yzak and Dearka for God's sake.

Masami
05-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I disliked Bleach D: Alot.

But I really liked Soul Eater. Wish It got the attention it deserves. :(

pokemonfanboy2000
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I hate bleach but i love watching Hitman Reborn

Arch Enemy
05-05-2010, 01:41 PM
I do not like Rurouni Kenshin at all... Don't know why; I just don't like it XD

kiseki
05-31-2010, 04:10 AM
fruits basket. it chewed my nerves.

SuperSaiyajin4Gengar
09-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I dislike Naruto and i'm about to quit Yu-Gi-Oh! very soon and that will be in the most hate anime list and i can't think up anymore animes to hate.

Master Groudon
09-08-2010, 02:50 PM
I dislike Naruto and i'm about to quit Yu-Gi-Oh! very soon and that will be in the most hate anime list and i can't think up anymore animes to hate.

if you quit yugioh, can i have all your cards?!!

I'm sorry, my most HATED anime goes to Gundam SeeD Destiny because everything about it is fail. Even Kira. They could have made a better anime if they starred Yzak and Dearka for God's sake.

i hated that!!! I literaly through my remote at ther tv every time it came on! i almost broke my toy groudon when i did that! :-(

but death note was freaking awesome!

Master Zorua
09-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Early Naruto. Naruto is the most annoying character EVER! Thankfully they made him a bit more bearable as the series went along. Also, Record of Lodoss War 2 was full of EPIC FAIL! Bringing back dead characters as if nothing happened to them, the uberly hair-pulling, facepalming 'second half' of chibi characters, adding in a child-like cartoon into what's supposed to be a blood and gore hack n slash anime with epic annoyingness, and as Ghim said in the first Record of Lodoss War, Parn still 'Couldn't kill time if he wanted to'.

Kaioo
09-08-2010, 08:03 PM
:oops: Pokemon believe it or not. I loved the first series but it has spiralled badly. I mean it's predictable.. about halfway through TR attacks -.- They try and steal a pogeymon, and blam Ash and co. save the Pokemon...

After Pokemon it is Yu-gi-oh :3 And then Naruto :P

Skylands
09-08-2010, 08:54 PM
The Wallflower/Perfect Girl Evolution. To me, everything about it is horrible. The art, the plot, and the characters. It's like an Ouran High School Host Club rip-off with an anti-social girl and 4 transvestite guys.

Lan.exe
09-09-2010, 05:17 AM
I hate mostly all anime, especially Avatar and Naruto.

Doodlebop
09-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Hnn, I don't watch much anime (though I want to watch more), but I reeeeeally don't like Bakugan. *eyelid twitch*

I hate mostly all anime, especially Avatar and Naruto.

Avatar, technically speaking, is not anime. It wasn't created in Japan. It just has an art style similar to anime. :/

Jet
09-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Dragon Ball... gawd those f-ing muscles

I can tolerate the new ones like Hajime and whatever... but Dragon Ball... damn it

Rival Silver
09-28-2010, 01:45 AM
Naruto after episode 2 was BS.

Naruto Shippuuden im Ok with.

The Magician
10-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Dragon Ball and Bleach...