Rock Slide

Metagross-Adamant
EVs 252 Attack, 129 Speed, 129 Def
@ Leftovers

Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Agility

Gengar-Timid(idk maybe something different, help if u can)
EVs 252 Speed, 129 Attack, 129 Sp Attack
@ Leftovers

Sludge Bomb
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Focus Punch

Milotic-Calm
EVs 252 Sp Def, 252 Sp Attack, 6 Hp
@ Leftovers

Ice Beam
Surf
Mirror Coat
Recover

Heracross-Adamant
EVs 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
@ Leftovers

Megahorn
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

please help with EVs, natures and attacks
also if u dont like a pokemon please tell me something to replace it with, im thinking of replacing heracross with maybe snorlax(curselax w/ earthquake, body slam, curse, rest) or blissey but blissey is gay.
this is kind of ingame but for competitive play and most of my pokemon have leftovers cause i have 6 now but they can be replaced.

im looking for one more pokemon, preferably a special sweeper but i may need a rapid spinner. please help

Nemesis
07-15-2005, 07:37 AM
Umbreon-Careful
EVs 252 Hp, 129 Sp Def, 129 Def
@Leftovers

Toxic
wish
Mean Look
Baton Pass

please do everyone a favor and not use double team, also I've never really used Umbreon (though I probably will sometime...) I can't really make to many recomendations, other than: Chaosbreon.

Salamence-Adamant
EVs 252 Attack, 116 Speed, 142 Hp
@ Leftovers

Dragon Dance
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide

you only need 264 speed for DD Mence

Metagross-Adamant
@ Leftovers

Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Agility

give him enough speed evs for 198 speed (that way you'll hit 396 after one agility), and then put the rest into HP; max out attack and adamant like you already have. Also I'd recomend explsion over either shadow ball or earthquake that way once you've killed a poke or two (if its later in the game probably more) then you can explode to take down a final poke... ...also: don't explode if you can OHKO whatever your attacking with another move (unless like its a really unusual senerio where your oponent has just one pokemon left, and you have nothing but him and your Milotic left with 24%, though you have 3 layers of spikes on your side of the feild and your Metagross has only like 1 HP left meaning they'd KO so you'd want to explode just for the 100% acuracy... ...unless your oponents one remaing poke is a ghost of course... ...or Aggron), and if you don't like the idea of blowing him up, don't teach him explsion.

@ Leftovers

Sludge Bomb
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Focus Punch

Chesire... ...either 300 or 330 speed... ...also maybe you should use a defence lowering nature or something because your going to be needing that attack for sludge bomb and focus punch... ...agian I haven't really used Gengar much (and when I did I used McGar, which is a little different... ...well not really but whatever), so I'd just put the rest in (sp) attack... ...maybe def- sp attk + nature give it around 225 attack, 300 speed, and put the rest in sp attack... ...though like I've said I haven't really used Gengar much...

Milotic-Calm
EVs 252 Def, 212/148 HP, rest in sp defence
@ Leftovers

Ice Beam
Surf
hypnosis
Recover

IMO milotic needs Hypnosis...

Heracross-Adamant
@ Leftovers

Megahorn
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Swords Dance

the standard is jolly with enough evs for 285 speed, max attack, and the rest in defences/HP... ...also you may want to try the CB set...

a big part of my strategy is start with umbreon, double team up then baton pass to salamence or metagross then try to sweep.
also if u dont like a pokemon please tell me something to replace it with, im thinking of replacing heracross with maybe snorlax(curselax w/ earthquake, body slam, curse, rest) or blissey but blissey is gay. Not really, for it is rather easy to beat: use a physical attacker... ...most of my teams don't really have a problem with Blissey... ...though that may be because most of my teams tend to be more physically oriented, and I tend to switch my special sweepers out at the sight of it, though for some reason some people don't :rolleyes: this is kind of ingame but for competitive play You do know that Double Team is banned for all tournaments correct? and most of my pokemon have leftovers cause i have 6 now but they can be replaced.

i may need a def tank, rapid spinner, or a special sweeper, some counter for skarmory is needed Magneton's god-given purpose in life is to kick skarmory's ass. Chesire is a skarmbliss counter, so I really don't think you should have to much trouble... . please help my team the best you can.

Some of the pokemon that I gave evs for (such as Salamence and Milotic) I gave evs bases on the assumption that you have max ivs, so you may have to improvise (for Salamence I presumed it had 30 speed ivs, and for Milotic I presumed it had 31 HP ivs... ...the reason I went like that is because I just coppied down the evs I have on my pokes on nb)...

Your team slo seems a bit weak on the defencive end... ...for your team seams to consist of mostly sweepers; the only pokes that can actually take multiple hits are: Umbreon, Milotic, and Metagross (only for the physical end though, and it wont really take to many eqs)...

orangekows
07-16-2005, 01:30 AM
omg mirror coat is definitely going to 1hko zapdos after a thunderbolt on a calm 252 sp def milotic

Bravo Leader
07-16-2005, 04:16 AM
ive edited my team...the umbreon thing was not working like i wanted it to so i took it out. i really want a good special sweeper cause i dont need another tank and i dont have to worry about skarmory/spikes in my area. so any suggestions about the empty slot in my lineup? oh and nemesis, i pretty much took all of ur advise besides the mirror coat thing...it has saved me many times.

Demon_Shiron
07-16-2005, 04:31 AM
From what I've seen it looks pretty good. Of course, I'm not that much of a critic.

Iceman3k
07-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Salamence-Adamant
@ Leftovers/Kings Rock

Dragon Dance
Aerial Ace
Earthquake
Rock Slide
* - I'd say ease up on the Spd EVs. It only needs 264 Speed for 1 Dragon Dance to Max Speed everything else. Put the rest of the EVs in HP or something.

Metagross-Adamant
@ Leftovers

Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Agility
* - Only needs 88 EVs in Speed for one Agility to max all. For the remaining EVs, put most of them in Sp. Def and a few in Defense. You'll need Rock Slide in there to cover weakness to Charizard (if you run into it), as well as flinch chances, so put it over Shadow Ball, since Psychic types shouldn't pose too much of a threat towards Meta. But then again, that's your option. Shadow Ball proves effective against stuff like Dusclops.

@ Leftovers

Sludge Bomb
Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Focus Punch
* - Gengar isn't really cut out for Physical attacking. If anything, make it a Sp. Sweeper with Thunderbolt, Psychic, Ice Punch, and Destiny Bond with a Timid Nature and EV train it in Sp. Atk and Speed. That or you could pull the risky BOAH set, which has Ice Punch, Thunderbolt, Substitute, and Focus Punch. Focus most of your EVs in attack, because Focus Punch isn't really effective with an attack as low as Gengar's. Be sure it has enough Speed and Sp. Atk to last it as well.

Milotic-Calm
EVs 252 Sp Def, 252 Sp Attack, 6 Hp
@ Leftovers

Ice Beam
Surf
Mirror Coat
Recover
* - Good, but risky. I'd say cover his Physical Defense, but I really don't think that needs covering. I'd say Hypnosis over Mirror Coat though.

Heracross-Adamant
@ Leftovers

Megahorn
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Swords Dance
* - Hera can't sweep with Adamant. Give it Jolly Nature. If anything, do Adamant with Max Speed and HP and give it Salac Berry, and give it Endure (or Sub, whichever's better for you), Megahorn, Reversal, and Rock Slide to screw off Zard if you encounter it. Make sure the Nature is Swarm to boost up Megahorn's power.

also if u dont like a pokemon please tell me something to replace it with, im thinking of replacing heracross with maybe snorlax(curselax w/ earthquake, body slam, curse, rest) or blissey but blissey is gay.
this is kind of ingame but for competitive play and most of my pokemon have leftovers cause i have 6 now but they can be replaced.

im looking for one more pokemon, preferably a special sweeper but i may need a rapid spinner. please help
You need a Physical Wall. Try Steelix.

Steelix
EV Set - 253 Def, 253 Atk, 4 HP
Nature - Adamant for Power, Impish for more Armor
Item - Leftovers
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Block
- Explosion
Block's there for a screw-over, and Earthquake and Iron Tail are for STAB. When you're at fatal health, just pull Explosion.

Another choice is Forretress:

Forretress
EV Set - 253 Def, 252 HP, 5 Atk
Nature - Adamant for Power, Impish for Armor
Item - Leftovers
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Counter/Explosion
- Light Screen
Spike the opponent and Spin out your Spikes, if you get any. Counter for Physical Payback, or Explosion for low health bang. Light Screen promotes Sp. Defense, so it'll come in handy.

Bravo Leader
07-16-2005, 02:11 PM
well if i wanted one of those walls then it would mean a good fire pokemon could rape half my lineup so i would have to change something else. also im not a big fan of having more than one pokemon of a certain type in my lineup and i have metagross which i am never gonna take out. also i dont have a big problem with physical attackers cause my lineup is full of physical attackers so i counter their attacks with mine. if i am gonna use a physical wall i would use something that had another purpose like weezing so i would have a pseudohazer also. but to me a physical sweeper would help the most cause a wall would add more weakness to either psychic or fire which would cause me to take out heracross which is working good right now for blissey. so please help me with a special sweeper.

We Taste Pies...
07-16-2005, 02:31 PM
Heres an idea go to aqua hideout, get the master ball there, and catch rayquaza.You won't regret it, the battle frontier is awesome!Plus Groudon and kyogre are easy to catch in this game.

Iceman3k
07-16-2005, 03:15 PM
well if i wanted one of those walls then it would mean a good fire pokemon could rape half my lineup so i would have to change something else. also im not a big fan of having more than one pokemon of a certain type in my lineup and i have metagross which i am never gonna take out. also i dont have a big problem with physical attackers cause my lineup is full of physical attackers so i counter their attacks with mine. if i am gonna use a physical wall i would use something that had another purpose like weezing so i would have a pseudohazer also. but to me a physical sweeper would help the most cause a wall would add more weakness to either psychic or fire which would cause me to take out heracross which is working good right now for blissey. so please help me with a special sweeper.
Okay then...
Try Alakazam.

Alakazam
EV Set - 253 Spd, 253 Sp. Atk, 4 HP
Nature - Timid
Item - Lum Berry/Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch/Substitute
Used for Speed. Substitute against Status crushers, and Calm Mind until your Sub is knocked off.

Slowbro
EV Set - 253 Def, 253 HP, 4 Sp. Atk
Nature - Bold
Item - Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam/Rest
Lacks the speed, but serves mostly as a Physical Wall, so you can get the best of both worlds with this. Rest to recover, or Ice Beam to counter Grass Types.

Nemesis
07-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Use Ice Punch over sub. Zam really isn't ment to take many hits... ...in fact the only time you should cm is when you predict a switch or when there is a slower attacker which you could survive its attack from. Also use petaya berry over lum/leftover, for after you do cm against a special attacker you probably wouldn't have much HP left, and therefore it would activate, giving you a total of plus 2 special attack letting you really sweep, though be warry of all physical attackers you can't OHKO (Zam has almost no HP or defence so he wont be able to survive) and Aerodactyl as it is faster. Not to mention Jolteon who is faster than you as well (lol, Ninjask maybe able to OHKO you with its STABed silver wind) and can status you... ...oh and for Heracross you should give it atleast 285 speed which requires jolly nature like Iceman3K said... ...Metagross should be able to OHKO most ghosts and psychics anyway (they generally have low defence) so you might want to try something like Sludge Bomb over Shadow Ball.