PDA

View Full Version : My plans for a DSi

MasterOfMagnetic
07-29-2009, 08:27 PM
So, heres the thing.

I have had an 80 gig PS3 for about 2 years and I am very disappointed. It's not really the system itself than its the Games Library.
The PS3 has almost no good games IMO.

I am really getting sick of buying/renting ****** games.

So I have an idea.
I do not currently have any Pokemon games (at least not anymore) and I would like to get some. So at a local store called Game Crazy I am planning to sell my PS3 for a DSi. It may not be as good in graphics but it sure is better in games and entertainment than the PS3.
With the leftover money I plan to get Diamond and preorder Soul Silver.

Now here's the problem. I think my parents think the PS3 is the Jesus of consoles and I'm not sure if they would want me to sell it for a hand-held. I REALLY want to do this though. How am I gonna ask/convince them to let me?

Keep in mind this is not about if YOU would sell the PS3 for a DSi, its about how to ask them.

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-30-2009, 12:22 AM
While I agree the PS3 doesn't have an impressive library, it still is a pretty good console.

You may think thats a good idea now, but when you realize what you've done, you may really regret it. Just save up and buy the DSi later. It's still going to be there later.

After all, your parents probably spent like $500 and you're giving it away for something worth less than $200.

Judgmental Arceus
07-30-2009, 12:25 AM
I would never buy a DSi. It has some cool features but it neglects a GBA slot which i find critical to enjoy many of my GBA games as well as Pokemon Platinum's Dual-Slot Mode. So there is my opinion on the stupid system. I have hardly ever touched a PS3 so i would know nothing regarding it.

MasterOfMagnetic
07-30-2009, 01:51 AM
While I agree the PS3 doesn't have an impressive library, it still is a pretty good console.

You may think thats a good idea now, but when you realize what you've done, you may really regret it. Just save up and buy the DSi later. It's still going to be there later.

After all, your parents probably spent like $500 and you're giving it away for something worth less than $200.

Actually, I got the PS3 used for $120 used and I can sell it for $200!

Teo
07-30-2009, 02:58 AM
The PS3 is much like a computer. It has a built in web browser, and can easily stream video's off of you tube, store a bunch of different Media be it Movies, music and just other random assortments. Not to mention the fact is IS a Blu-Ray player.

Sure it does suck you can't go back and play PS2 games on it, yet that was a reason why it was so expensive in the first place. It offered so much more than an console out there could. You might not be using the system to it's full capabilities.

Just keep the PS3 and earn up enough money to purchase yourself a DSi, either way...The DS lite does offer more batter life than the DSi and is cheaper...Just my two cents though!

karmachameleon
07-30-2009, 04:19 AM
I wouldn't sell a PS3 for a DSi if I were you, it's looking like 2009 will be a great year for its game library. If you live by a GameStop, they sell used original DSes for $80, which I prefer over the DSLite and DSi. If you really don't want to miss out on some of the features that a DSi has if you get a DS, get an Acekard 2.1 (http://www.acekard.com/) for about $25 with shipping, which like other flash cards will allow you to listen to music, watch videos, etc.

Hypocrisy is Fun
07-30-2009, 04:25 AM
Actually, I got the PS3 used for $120 used and I can sell it for $200!

If you really want to get rid of it, sell it for $350-$400 on craigslist or something.

Then you could get a DSi, and have a ton of money left over. :)

manga1313
07-30-2009, 12:18 PM
dont get rid of a ps3 jus when all the new good games are coming
ps3 has been awesome depennding on age ranges
but there is always games like cod to play and stuff to occupy u
also its gonna have final fantasy 13 ^^
i think u should sell some old games and get a 2nd hand ds lite cause its cheaper and has a gba socket