Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Double Team

The End
07-15-2005, 10:03 PM
illumise is a good cm passer

Forsety
07-15-2005, 11:16 PM
Volbeat......I used him not too long ago, he has at least 2 decent movesets....

Volbeat @Choiceband -Swarm
-Trick
-Signal Beam
-Confuse Ray/Shadowball
-ShadowBall/Focus Punch

Your choice what you need.....with good prediction a Choicebanded Focus Punch can make up abit for his poor attack and CB Shadowball and Signal Beam benefits from it too.
If you put mainly attack, HP and speed evs in he can also do Trickband if necessary on slower support enemies and do a swarm + STAB 2x attack Signal Beam since more than likely he'll be in critical health after one attack. Shadowball is optional if you choose F-Punch or C-Ray if you chooce Shadowball.
This thing can actually do a considerable ammount of damage and has done for me in the past.

Volbeat @Leftovers
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Seismic Toss
-Shadowball/Signal Beam/Moonlight/Substitute

Pretty self explanatory....parafuse....and attack, mainly evs in defense, HP and special def.

As for Illumise I can don't have much experience with it since its that god awful....at least Volbeat can actually be used.
Only m-set I can think off the top of my head for it is....

Illumise @ Nothing
-Theif
-Encore
-Seismic Toss
-Wish/Thunder Wave

Theif I suppose works for stealing, you'll mainly need speed evs and a Timid personality I should think although somebody might be able to suggest better. Seismic Toss since either way it won't really do much damage at all anyway. Encore for some annoyance and Wish or T-Wave to wrap up to give the next pokemon a good advantage when this thing faints.
']illumise is a good cm passer

Illumise doesn't learn Calm Mind........failure for you.

orangekows
07-16-2005, 01:23 AM
yes, he is such a failure even though illumise learns tail glow which is better than calm mind imo

Not a very good name
07-16-2005, 05:51 AM
yes, he is such a failure even though illumise learns tail glow which is better than calm mind imo

I might be wrong but volbeat is the one that learns tail glow, eventhough he has worse sp att. than illumise. And since volbeat can learn batton pass, at least he can work better as a bper than illumise. Tho i doubt if either can last that long anyway

Forsety
07-16-2005, 09:35 AM
And you're a failure too since Volbeat is the one who learns Tail Glow and has lower special attack as well.

orangekows
07-16-2005, 05:59 PM
And you're a failure too since Volbeat is the one who learns Tail Glow and has lower special attack as well.
okay, volbeat not illumise. and its called BATON PASS

Forsety
07-16-2005, 07:19 PM
And you pick Volbeat over the other upteen more powerful CM/BP'ers out there with a chance of running into Bliss because?

Dragon_Seeker
07-16-2005, 09:12 PM
And you pick Volbeat over the other upteen more powerful CM/BP'ers out there with a chance of running into Bliss because?

Bliss won't like eating a +6 Boosted Fire Blast coming from something like Moltres... and what the hell is Blissey going to do to Volbeat? Seismic Toss it? Paralyze it? Bliss can't really "hurt" Volbeat in the grand scheme of things; as long as the bug passes 1-3 Tail Glows, it's done it's job. Passing Tail Glows to Moltres is fun.

As for Illumise...

Illumise
@No Item
~Thief
~Light Screen
~Wish / Moonlight
~Thunder Wave / Seismic Toss

Like Dustox, it serves one purpose; to grab an item and take it to the grave. Or go with Foresty... Seismic Toss is because we can.

Nemesis
07-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Like Dustox, it serves one purpose; to grab an item and take it to the grave. Or go with Foresty... Seismic Toss is because we can.

Wouldn't something like knock off Armaldo do that much better? Though then again there really isn't much Ilumise can do...

Forsety
07-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Bliss won't like eating a +6 Boosted Fire Blast coming from something like Moltres... and what the hell is Blissey going to do to Volbeat? Seismic Toss it?
And who the hell is going to let you baton pass even a +6 special attack?

And nobody uses Moltres either.....he's nowhere near as strong as back in GSC even then he was only borderline useful. Blissey won't like a +6 but at best I can only see a +2 going through, thats being generous assuming...you switch to something else physical they Tail Glow and then you attack on their BP or second Tail Glow.

Or on seeing the Tail Glow they simply switch to something to counter the BP, you know as well as I do BP's are very easy to counter since its pretty obvious when its coming. Plus theres still the possibility of paralyzing what comes out from the BP if possible. But with CM BP'ers you can never tell if they're going to attack or pass which puts them at a bigger advantage since if they do hit they deal considerable damage unlike Volbeat.

Wouldn't something like knock off Armaldo do that much better? Though then again there really isn't much Ilumise can do...
More or less true......I'd be amazed if you could even utilize Illumise properly in a 2vs2 battle which is what its meant for.

Deoxysfan3
07-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Can somebody give me a really simple set for each?

Nemesis
07-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Volbeat......I used him not too long ago, he has at least 2 decent movesets....

Volbeat @Choiceband -Swarm
-Trick
-Signal Beam
-Confuse Ray/Shadowball
-ShadowBall/Focus Punch

Your choice what you need.....with good prediction a Choicebanded Focus Punch can make up abit for his poor attack and CB Shadowball and Signal Beam benefits from it too.
If you put mainly attack, HP and speed evs in he can also do Trickband if necessary on slower support enemies and do a swarm + STAB 2x attack Signal Beam since more than likely he'll be in critical health after one attack. Shadowball is optional if you choose F-Punch or C-Ray if you chooce Shadowball.
This thing can actually do a considerable ammount of damage and has done for me in the past.

Volbeat @Leftovers
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Seismic Toss
-Shadowball/Signal Beam/Moonlight/Substitute

Pretty self explanatory....parafuse....and attack, mainly evs in defense, HP and special def.

As for Illumise I can don't have much experience with it since its that god awful....at least Volbeat can actually be used.
Only m-set I can think off the top of my head for it is....

Illumise @ Nothing
-Theif
-Encore
-Seismic Toss
-Wish/Thunder Wave

Theif I suppose works for stealing, you'll mainly need speed evs and a Timid personality I should think although somebody might be able to suggest better. Seismic Toss since either way it won't really do much damage at all anyway. Encore for some annoyance and Wish or T-Wave to wrap up to give the next pokemon a good advantage when this thing faints.

Illumise doesn't learn Calm Mind........failure for you.

Dragon_Seeker
07-18-2005, 01:55 AM
And who the hell is going to let you baton pass even a +6 special attack?

Nobody. But who the hell is going to use Volbeat in a serious game? :neutral:

In any event, yes, no one will ever let you pass more than 1 Tail Glow but the fact is that Volbeat can't *do* anything else; if he tries to CB we have to wonder why aren't you using Heracross for OU? Or Pinsir / Scyther for UU/BL? Tail Glow Passing is the only thing unique and somewhat useful something else doesn't do better... although the Calm Mind Passers and Smeargle *do* make a case against him...

Eh, if nothing else Max Attack Signal Beam makes quick work of most of them.

And nobody uses Moltres either.....he's nowhere near as strong as back in GSC even then he was only borderline useful. Blissey won't like a +6 but at best I can only see a +2 going through, thats being generous assuming...you switch to something else physical they Tail Glow and then you attack on their BP or second Tail Glow.

You'd probably BP. So the question becomes, quite simply, will whatever you're BPing to take the Glow be able to beat their pokemon or was it a waste? 85 Speed Base isn't terrible... you'll probably outrun what comes in unless it's Salamence or something, in which case I ask you: why are you using Volbeat?

Anyways...

Max SAtk Moltres with +2 deals ~50% to typical Blisseys. 75% if they use Sunny Day, which is somewhat common for Moltres. It can fight decently with support although something like Zapdos is really a better example of something grabbing the boosts since Zapdos can do more with 1 Tail Glow. Yes, the Calm Mind Passers are better in the long run... but there are a ton of better CB Bugs too.

Either way, what it boils down to is simple; they both suck.

Forsety
07-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Nobody. But who the hell is going to use Volbeat in a serious game? :neutral:
Me?

I used to spam the fellow in the OU environment till not too long ago. Being a person who sticks to using UU in the OU environment Volbeat actually fills alot of roles for me.....and not many pokemon out there learn a powerful accurate bug move which can actually be used plus Trickband.

Plus parafuse works too......heck hax play makes anything unusuable usuable. A all out assualt can't beat high luck.

Dragon_Seeker
07-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Me?

I used to spam the fellow in the OU environment till not too long ago. Being a person who sticks to using UU in the OU environment Volbeat actually fills alot of roles for me.....and not many pokemon out there learn a powerful accurate bug move which can actually be used plus Trickband.

Plus parafuse works too......heck hax play makes anything unusuable usuable. A all out assualt can't beat high luck.

Well, you're a lot more gutsy than I am; that's for sure. I don't promote luck but if it works for you then godspeed; my luck is terrible most of the time so I try not to avoid it. I suppose that's where the "High Luck" factor comes in. If you're lucky enough, Luck > All.

Eh... whatever. You seem to know UU better than I do so whatever works...