PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of Newerth

Jet
07-30-2009, 06:19 AM
As much as I would like to yell NO ORIGINALITY in the face of the makers of this game... it's gameplay is still DotA-esque... hence I cannot totally diss it.

Yes no originality due to the fact that 90% of the skills, 99%, or probably 100% of the items and 95% of the map layout is ripped from DotA itself... they DID ask permission for dota to be the "skeleton"of it...

btw DotA Allstars (Defense of the Ancients) is a map in Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne; a map so famous that the World Cyber Games decided to split Warcraft III into 2 different categories; the typical ladder games where you collect resources, build units etc... then DotA; select a hero, gain resources by killing enemies and destroy the opposing base.

Heroes of Newerth is a dedicated game on its own, high end graphics and sounds... gameplay exactly similar to DotA... but... still enjoyable >_>

btw it's for the PC too, and you can only fight online

their site is empty, so no link :P search for it on google

Cybernetic Ghost
08-28-2009, 10:43 PM
Its decent. Alot of my friends are playing it right now, so I've been playing it. I still like regular dota more, but it isn't terrible. The UI Set up is better, the pathing is worse, and heroes that are carbon copies seem even better. Zeus, Krob, Sand King, and Enigma, all broken in real dota, are even more stupid in this for no reason. If the other team has the any of the last 3 especially, and they know how to use their arms, they pretty much win instantly.

Just went 6-3-26 or something with the Enigma rip off a few games ago actually. His jungling is more beast since there aren't armor types, so his summons do more damage comparatively. Had BOTH Engima and Sandking actually, so I'd blink in ult, and Sand King would just kill every single thing on the screen instantly with his ult.

Oh, and by the way, the site isn't empty, you just have to go to the beta site instead of the regular site. They give the ability to send beta invites when your account reaches a month old, and mine does in a week or two. If you don't have a key by then and you want one, I'll try to send one if I can.

Jet
08-30-2009, 03:30 AM
Its decent. Alot of my friends are playing it right now, so I've been playing it. I still like regular dota more, but it isn't terrible. The UI Set up is better, the pathing is worse, and heroes that are carbon copies seem even better. Zeus, Krob, Sand King, and Enigma, all broken in real dota, are even more stupid in this for no reason. If the other team has the any of the last 3 especially, and they know how to use their arms, they pretty much win instantly.

Just went 6-3-26 or something with the Enigma rip off a few games ago actually. His jungling is more beast since there aren't armor types, so his summons do more damage comparatively. Had BOTH Engima and Sandking actually, so I'd blink in ult, and Sand King would just kill every single thing on the screen instantly with his ult.

Oh, and by the way, the site isn't empty, you just have to go to the beta site instead of the regular site. They give the ability to send beta invites when your account reaches a month old, and mine does in a week or two. If you don't have a key by then and you want one, I'll try to send one if I can.
finally someone else XD. Pathing is kinda the same... the real crap part about is that the creeps move faster than you if you have no boots.

uh... no one is broken in DotA, they're all balanced in one way or the other, so too in HoN... except for Puppet Master... and Electrician... because his Mana Shield doesn't go away like Medusa, and as long as he has 1 point of mana, the next damage WILL be reduced by 50%

the main site is kinda empty, yea you need to be an actual "tester"...

just search youtube for Heroes of Newerth gameplay people :P

Poltergeist
08-30-2009, 07:51 AM
Heroes of Newerth, no way! League of Legends FTW!!!!!!!

Heh Heh, I kid. Each is good in it's own way. Anyway, I am also currently in the HON beta, though I usually play just when the servers are down for LoL. I'm kind of a Noob though. :oops:

Cybernetic Ghost
08-30-2009, 10:10 AM
finally someone else XD. Pathing is kinda the same... the real crap part about is that the creeps move faster than you if you have no boots.

uh... no one is broken in DotA, they're all balanced in one way or the other, so too in HoN... except for Puppet Master... and Electrician... because his Mana Shield doesn't go away like Medusa, and as long as he has 1 point of mana, the next damage WILL be reduced by 50%

the main site is kinda empty, yea you need to be an actual "tester"...

just search youtube for Heroes of Newerth gameplay people :P

Naw, there is definitely broken characters in dota in competitive play, or CM and CD wouldn't have been added. Enigma, NA, Dirge, Levi and a few others ruin matches.

And yeah, I'll give you electrician, but puppetmaster isn't that bad imo. Some good CC, but hes squishy, so I don't care about him as much as like, people with mass AoE.

Nirvash
08-30-2009, 06:27 PM
I've been looking for a beta invite EVERYWHERE. D:

Jet
08-31-2009, 03:48 AM
Naw, there is definitely broken characters in dota in competitive play, or CM and CD wouldn't have been added. Enigma, NA, Dirge, Levi and a few others ruin matches.

And yeah, I'll give you electrician, but puppetmaster isn't that bad imo. Some good CC, but hes squishy, so I don't care about him as much as like, people with mass AoE.
yes mass AoE will shut Puppet down, but for those that wisely pick him last... FARK...

he can take on 3 by himself... was victimized by one... Dark Lady, Pyro (me, ulti was only 12 seconds CD so I thought hey I can still make it) and Hammerstorm <no more GS> went for a lone Puppet Master with Butterfly, Helm of Domi, Threads, Buriz... he Crazed Dark Lady while silence effect is on (she had buriz too), and just so happens I was the target; after I died he took on Dark Lady... died... he was about to die but managed to string hammerstorm and went into fog... some confusion he used the ulti on hammerstorm and voom -_-

and no CM isn't broken LOL she's squishy as ever... and... CD? XD

Cybernetic Ghost
08-31-2009, 10:19 AM
yes mass AoE will shut Puppet down, but for those that wisely pick him last... FARK...

he can take on 3 by himself... was victimized by one... Dark Lady, Pyro (me, ulti was only 12 seconds CD so I thought hey I can still make it) and Hammerstorm <no more GS> went for a lone Puppet Master with Butterfly, Helm of Domi, Threads, Buriz... he Crazed Dark Lady while silence effect is on (she had buriz too), and just so happens I was the target; after I died he took on Dark Lady... died... he was about to die but managed to string hammerstorm and went into fog... some confusion he used the ulti on hammerstorm and voom -_-

and no CM isn't broken LOL she's squishy as ever... and... CD? XD

Captain Mode and Captain Draft, not the characters.

There are modes in dota to ban characters, because characters are imbalanced and have been forever. Had the 4/4 on Sent back in the .3-.4 days, had the original invoker back in the 5.days, and the farther you go back, the worse it gets. Its definitely more balanced than it used to be, but it definitely isn't fully balanced.

Jet
08-31-2009, 10:31 AM
Captain Mode and Captain Draft, not the characters.

There are modes in dota to ban characters, because characters are imbalanced and have been forever. Had the 4/4 on Sent back in the .3-.4 days, had the original invoker back in the 5.days, and the farther you go back, the worse it gets. Its definitely more balanced than it used to be, but it definitely isn't fully balanced.
oh yeah lol... ah I miss the old Silencer with Starfall and Rain of Chaos XD

Cybernetic Ghost
08-31-2009, 08:45 PM
oh yeah lol... ah I miss the old Silencer with Starfall and Rain of Chaos XD

There is my point, lol. Any well played character by a well played guy is going to do better than a bad player, obviously, but certain characters are so innately game breaking(Earthshaker after a blink dagger, Zeus with like, nothing, Enigma with a Blink, NA because he ganks like a beast and wrecks anyone's early game) that its hard to call it balanced, but that can be said about ANY game. Every game that doesn't have like, the same characters is usually going to have tiers. Except like, Virtua Fighter, which to my knowledge, somehow actually is a balanced game.