PDA

View Full Version : The Art Discussion Thread

Anastasia-R
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
The Art Discussion Thread
So, what do you do? This is a thread to discuss about art.

Have questions? Want to discuss something art related? Then, you can post here. However, drawings belong in the "Share a drawing" thread, not here. This is for questions, a discussion about Fan art or Original Art. So, feel free to ask some questions, or talk about art topics here. Just don't make another question thread or discussion thread. x..x;;

First Topic -- What do you enjoy the most? Fan Art or Original Art?
All drawings belong in your Gallery, or HERE (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1452).
Art requests belong HERE (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654).

Oh, I forgot to add, topics can be changed, after 6-7 posts that are referring to the topic. So if, one topic gets about 6-7 replies, then someone can start off a new topic.

So, I hope you enjoy.

Tombi
08-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Frist Topic

Little spelling mistake there, Ana. ^^;

I think I like original art the most. It requires more skill and imagination in my opinion. :3

Anastasia-R
08-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Little spelling mistake there, Ana. ^^;

I think I like original art the most. It requires more skill and imagination in my opinion. :3

Gemma fixed it XD

And, I like fan art a lot, since I make it most of the time. XD Original art is cool as well. =o

Gem N Ems
08-06-2009, 02:28 PM
*randomly walks in and fixes* x3

I'd have to say original art, because you can show off your own style more and create your own things!

But...most of my art is fan art. xD

Mitsuzo-kun
08-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure. While I love animé characters and stuff, it's hard to get them exactly right, and if you don't then they end up looking kinda weird. With original art, you can basically do whatever you want. So, I think I prefer original art. :3

Operative
08-06-2009, 06:03 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure. While I love animé characters and stuff, it's hard to get them exactly right, and if you don't then they end up looking kinda weird. With original art, you can basically do whatever you want. So, I think I prefer original art. :3

Well it all depends on what anime you draw. There's many different styles and such that you can expand on.

I prefer Original art because I love seeing realism in drawing. :3

Lusankya
08-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Well it all depends on what anime you draw. There's many different styles and such that you can expand on.

I prefer Original art because I love seeing realism in drawing. :3

Who says fan art can't be real?

Operative
08-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Who says fan art can't be real?

Stop proving me wrong, Lusyankya. XD

Gem N Ems
08-07-2009, 04:53 AM
*cough* You're both wrong. I win. :cool:

Anyway, what do you like drawing best?

For me, it's animals. I looooovvvee animals. <3 And Sonic fan art. ;3

Operative
08-07-2009, 05:13 PM
I usually don't draw, now. ;_;

But if I would, I'd be drawing strip comics. Because that's what I do in class.

Y'know, all those simply drawn characters with dot eyes and absolutely no shading at all? Just random lines drawn in to substitute real shadowing. That's what I do now.

Gem N Ems
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
I usually don't draw, now. ;_;

But if I would, I'd be drawing strip comics. Because that's what I do in class.

Y'know, all those simply drawn characters with dot eyes and absolutely no shading at all? Just random lines drawn in to substitute real shadowing. That's what I do now.

Aww, why don't you draw, Craig? D=

I love strip comics. xD I've never done any, but I really want to. For some reason I'm better at detailed things. Oo

And coolies~ Got any you can scan in to show us?

Winter
08-10-2009, 02:00 AM
I love drawing anime people, it's also what I do best considering I read so much manga.

Scytherwolf
08-10-2009, 04:00 AM
What do you enjoy the most? Fan Art or Original Art?
That's really kind of vague...for me it depends on what the subject is and whether or not I'm interested in it. I only like certain kinds of fan art and certain kinds of original art and they have to be of subjects I enjoy.

sheepskinfuton
01-02-2010, 01:06 AM
I prefer doing original art because it's just easier for me. If I try to draw something that someone else came up with it always ends up looking a little different.

Question- If I get a gallery, is it limited to just drawings, or can I put up other stuff too? Cause lately I've been way more into sculpture and crafts, I haven't drawn in ages. :O

Anastasia-R
01-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I prefer doing original art because it's just easier for me. If I try to draw something that someone else came up with it always ends up looking a little different.

Question- If I get a gallery, is it limited to just drawings, or can I put up other stuff too? Cause lately I've been way more into sculpture and crafts, I haven't drawn in ages. :O

I think you can post crafts and sculpture, too. Since, they don't belong in sprite or graphic. ^..^;; So, it's fine. =]

Dylan
01-02-2010, 01:37 AM
Original and fan art? That's the toughest question yet. I'd have to say fan art, though. And my favorite thing to draw is anime people. I watch so much anime, particularly Naruto, that I'm skilled in drawing my own anime characters. I think it's fun. If I choose not to be an architect, I'll probably make my own anime:smile:

Charmander009
01-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Anyway, what do you like drawing best?

For me, it's animals. I looooovvvee animals. <3 And Sonic fan art. ;3

I'm rather fond of drawing dragons. =D

Next favorite subject would have to be tigers and other animals. (coughPokemoncough)<3

Least favorite is people. I suck at portraits. x_x

kokovo
01-02-2010, 04:18 AM
I really enjoy drawing still-life as well as random things that come into my mind.

sheepskinfuton
01-02-2010, 04:44 AM
Okay, so I never do fan-art right?

Wrong. I've decided to do a series of David Bowie portraits using watercolors, masking fluid, acrylic, and anything that the drawing teacher will let me swipe from her closet.

I have no clue why, but David Bowie just seemed like a cool idea. (Plus he's kinda hot.)

You'll see these...eventually...after I finish all the other stuff I have to do. :oops: