PDA

View Full Version : A Shojo Manga I Would Actually Like!?

Kendo
08-06-2009, 04:02 PM
I've just been reading shonen manga for a long time, and I wonder if there's a shojo manga I would actually be interested in.

I don't think InuYasha really counts as shojo, but the first two volumes looked good.
I guess Ranma 1/2 counts, and that was good. SO I GUESS I'D BE INTERESTED IN ONE SHOJO MANGA, THEN!?!?
Tokyo Mew Mew was a bit too grating. The manatee/dugong/whatever girl looks NOTHING like her animal thingy! WHA!?!? And how dare they keep dangling relationships in front of our faces!
Vampire Knight's art style just gets on my nerves. I don't care if the story is amazing, I just hate those huge eyes and pointed chins. They're just exaggerated even more here.
On a whim I just read some Kitchen Princess. Hated it. A girl is instantly in love with some boy who feeds her flan, the "Flan Prince" (ROTFLOL) and shouts "I'LL MAKE YOU THE BEST DESSERT IN THE WORLD!!". Just stupid.
I'm not sure if Fruits Basket would be the one for me or not. Maybe. But if it's just twelve people of the Zodiac who go through daily troubles, I'm pretty sure it won't be one of my favorites.
I watched a video review of Hana-Kimi, and the whole premise is stupid. Why crossdress your way into an all-boy's school JUST TO MEET ONE STUPID GUY WHO HAS NEVER EVEN MET YOU BEFORE!?!? ALL OF THE GIRLS IN THESE SCHOOL SHOJO MANGAS SEEM SO STUPID!!

So anyways, I'm looking for something where the main character girl isn't just looking for one stupid specific guy and something with a nice-to-look-at art style. Oh, and a solid plot. Is there anything that can be recommended!?

manga1313
08-08-2009, 12:30 PM
penguin brothers was awesome

Realityxxx
08-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Er.. If you don't mind ones with the whole 'Magical Girl' Concept, Shugo Chara is good. Skip Beat is pretty good, too..

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-11-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm not sure if Fruits Basket would be the one for me or not. Maybe. But if it's just twelve people of the Zodiac who go through daily troubles, I'm pretty sure it won't be one of my favorites.

I don't think that's all there is to Fruits Basket. I've read a little (but not all) of the manga before, and it's not just daily troubles they go through...

Er.. If you don't mind ones with the whole 'Magical Girl' Concept, Shugo Chara is good. Skip Beat is pretty good, too..

You forgot Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. I watched part of the anime, which was good. I should think this also applies to the manga.

Ryenne
08-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Fruits Basket was really good, but in my opinion Absolute Boyfriend is the best shojo ever...The main character isn't an airhead at all and it's really cute, but if you want more of a drama then read Kare Kano. It's amazing. ^^

Charizard Michelle
08-13-2009, 02:16 AM

I would double the Shugo Chara support. It is a very good magna series and funny if you like humor. Very interesting since it kind of different from other magical girl shojos.

I been reading Fruit Baskets for a long time now and it is very good. It is much more then just what you said and has a huge fanbase. Something as long as that has to be good. Actually the story is pretty deep.

Starkipraggy
08-13-2009, 04:33 AM
I don't think that's all there is to Fruits Basket. I've read a little (but not all) of the manga before, and it's not just daily troubles they go through...

You forgot Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. I watched part of the anime, which was good. I should think this also applies to the manga.
^ Nanoha is SEINEN. NOT SHOUJO.

I liked Vampire Knight, so bleh.

You can try reading Uwasa no Midori-kun, but it's a bit mature. >_< It's gender bender though.

Ah Beng I the Pikabeng
08-13-2009, 06:33 AM
^ Nanoha is SEINEN. NOT SHOUJO.

I liked Vampire Knight, so bleh.

You can try reading Uwasa no Midori-kun, but it's a bit mature. >_< It's gender bender though.

How do you classify manga, then? -_-