PDA

View Full Version : [Academy of Original/Fan Art --- Improve Your Original/Fan Art Skills!]

Tombi
08-07-2009, 07:02 PM
- Academy of Original/Fan Art -
Credit to Phantasm.Angel for this cool idea!

::::::::

::About.
The Academy of Original/Fan Art is here to help. Learn the basics of drawing or more advanced techniques, or if all goes well, a bit of both! This system is set all throughout the art boards to help everybody in all aspects of visual art, so don't hesitate- for private or public tutoring, enlist in The Academy of Original/Fan Art today!

::What.
The Academy of Original/Fan Art focuses on traditional and digital artwork only. Using an apprentice/master system, we will pair up members of PE2K and set them off learning and teaching. For apprentices it is a way to learn; for masters it is a way tohone your skills and perhaps become a little more mature.

The Academy of Sprites/Pixel Art (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2877821)

The Academy of Graphic Arts (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99976)

::Rules.
| All standard PE2K rules apply
| No spamming, flaming or cursing
| Use this thread for discussion, questions and to sign up
| Only one pick, master or apprentice. You can't be both.

No more than five apprentices per master.

::::::::

Masters

These are the people that are going to help the apprentices learn. Remember that just because you are labelled as a master doesn’t mean you can boss around anyone else and make them do your bidding. This is a place of learning and to work with others. Having ideas to share is the basis of this program and, as such, constant communication is vital. We need those who are going to be active and not just participate for a couple of days and then leave. Your job is to teach and inform, then step back and admire your handiwork. Don’t control others, either; share an idea and then help if they get stuck.

If a master is found to be bullying or doing anything out of order to their apprentice they will be dismissed immediately, without any arguements. This is to be fun, not a way for anybody to be mean to others about their artwork.

Apprentices

You’re here to learn, and we respect that. You need to communicate and listen to your masters when they tell you something. That doesn’t mean if they say “jump off a cliff” you have to do it, just respect them; they’re there to guide you. Whether you take in their advice or not is up to you, but it would be best to try everything out just for the sake of learning. And remember: If a master teaches you a specific style, you are not to go around using that style in your banners/avis etc. You must discover your own style for yourself. A style is part of someone and stealing that is not tolerated. Use the techniques; don't steal the style.

Tutorials and Trial Runs

Once you apprentices think you’ve gotten the hang of things, you should make an image and get your master to C+CC it for you, while you keep their advice in mind. Keep repeating this process, as well as trialling new techniques along the way and you’re sure to get better in no time!

You can sign up and discuss in this thread, but keep the chat to the point – we don’t want needless spamming.

Golden rule, remember to communicate and have fun!

-- Edited from Lunar Latias by Tombi

Tombi
08-07-2009, 07:02 PM
M a s t e r s

- Anastasia-R
- Lunar Latias
- Tombi
- Pink Leon
- Kayla Ann

A p p r e n t i c e s

- Operative
- Graceful_Suicune
- Misstress Meg
- Lusankya
- Phantom Kat
- Atropos
- Lunar Lime
- xxxLatiasxxx
- Gaby

Operative
08-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm coming in here as an Apprentice.

Sign me up, pl0x.

Tombi
08-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Added to the list.

Graceful_Suicune
08-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Hai, I'd like to be an apprentice, pwease. 0w0

~Xanthe.

5TailedDemonLizard
08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey, id also like to be an apprentice! I want to get back into drawing as well

Tombi
08-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Both are added to the list.

Lusankya
08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Me umm... four? Just add me as an apprentice, please.

Gem N Ems
08-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Me umm... four? Just add me as an apprentice, please.

*cough*YOU'REMINE*cough*

Hi Caitlin. ^^

Pink Leon
08-14-2009, 04:36 AM
may i suggest something?

I do believe this would be a lot more effective if you put by
the apprentices' names with the info on what they want to learn
(like digital art, or traditional - basics,
middle, or advanced - and what they are focusing on like coloring,
outlines, realism, cartoon, anime, etc. etc....) if its traditional art,
let mediums be specified. as well as what the masters, and what they are willing to teach.

it will make it much easier to pair an apprentice to a master.

example:

Masters:
jenna (teaching traditional art using oil pastels, landscapes)

then try to match the master with someone who wants to learn those specific skills, or
vise-versa.

...see where i'm getting at? :oops:

Also, I would love to be a master, specifically for traditional art / prisma colored pencil techniques, if thats okay. :)
thanks for posting this thread. its a great idea, to be honest. :D

TotodileHop24
08-15-2009, 03:14 PM
may i suggest something?

I do believe this would be a lot more effective if you put by
the apprentices' names with the info on what they want to learn
(like digital art, or traditional - basics,
middle, or advanced - and what they are focusing on like coloring,
outlines, realism, cartoon, anime, etc. etc....) if its traditional art,
let mediums be specified. as well as what the masters, and what they are willing to teach.

it will make it much easier to pair an apprentice to a master.

example:

Masters:
jenna (teaching traditional art using oil pastels, landscapes)

then try to match the master with someone who wants to learn those specific skills, or
vise-versa.

...see where i'm getting at? :oops:

I was thinking something along those lines too Leon, you just beat me to it, heh. This would be especially true the more people sign up... more masters = more individual styles to chose from and therefore make things easier for the apprentices to narrow down which masters to cling to. ^^;

I have another small suggestion which also might help later on... posting small thumbnails or links to examples of their art to further help the apprentices pick who they'd like to follow. It doesn't have to be anything incredibly fancy or gigantic... just showing enough of their style and what the apprentice will be expected to imitate.

I wish a lot of success with this thread! Again, it's a very nice idea. :angel:

Phantom Kat
08-15-2009, 06:34 PM
*waves hand* I need helps with art! D:

I would like to sign up as an apprentice. What I want to work on is human anatomy and poses, which I currently suck on. If anybody could give me some tips and tricks on this, I would be forever grateful. ^^;

- Kat

Atropos
08-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Can I be signed up as an apprentice, por favor? I really need to learn how to do shading, poses, foreshortening, that fun stuff.:tongue:

Lunar Lime
10-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Pwease sign me up as an apprentice. :>

I'm not good at shaing or drawing and i'm too lazy
to change my font to what it usually is. :<

Kthx. :D

xxxLatiasxxx
11-05-2009, 10:15 PM
May I please sign up as an apprentice.

Kayla Ann
11-06-2009, 10:35 PM
May I be a master pleasee? I havent drawn in a week, but I am in art class in school ( until i find a photography class) soo yeah.

Tombi
12-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Alll updated! Thank you to xxxLatiasxxx for reminding me. ^^

Gaby
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
And I also srsly need drawing improvement, I suck at this if I'm not looking at something already-drawn, and I STILL ain't that good. xD So I'd like to be apprentice. With Sensei as Sensei if possible. o 3o;;

Tombi
12-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Added to the list, Gaby. ;D

Gaby
12-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaay! 8D Now I am officially your Genin in actual teachingness! Ftw!

Dylan
12-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I'd like to be an apprentice, please. I still have a whole lot to learn. Which ever master can teach me how to draw with a pencil and paper is best for me, I already have all of the supplies for art :happy: So whoever wishes to be my master (Not the master I worship) can teach me through PM or AIM, that sort of thing?