View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 05:06 AM
Leman Offline

Send a message via AIM to Leman
Default Re: The Case of the Amazing Diamond of Tremendous Amounts of Wealth!

“It was as silent as before, with no sound other than the soft pitter patter of the rain, and the muffled sobs of Bertha. I walked away from the window, and hopped back onto my hammock, and picked up the book I was reading from the shelf. Sleuth was watching me closely; as if he hopped I would hint about what I had saw. I had seen nothing that would interest him, so I did not say anything. After about five minutes, I had not gotten off my hammock; he seemed slightly annoyed because I did not share anything with him. He growled.

Suddenly there was a loud thump on the front door. I walked over, and opened it about a crack, and peered into the rainy outside. Standing there, in the rain, was a short balding man wearing a moldy, old suit. It was brown, and looked like he had put it on hastily, because his shirt was half tucked in, and his color was stuck up. The man did not look a day under sixty, and was very timid looking. He was soaked, and shivering in the rain, and spoke quickly in a squeaky frightened voice.

“Umm, Hello,” he said nervously, “Is this where Inspector Kollon lives?”

I nodded, and opened the door to let him in. I was an entire foot taller than him, at least. I brought up the small wooden char from my desk, and told him to sit. Sleuth shut the door behind the man. He began to speak.

“Hello Inspector. I am Perkins, the Mortarman’s butler,” he began, “I have served them for the last forty or so years. When Sir George’s father was the head of that house, when I was much younger, he loved to keep many, many rare and valuable gemstones. In his old age, he became an alcoholic, and sold many of them to the museums for money to buy drinks. He died about two years ago. He was not that cruel to me, but his son is a monster. Sir George is over protective of the last gem that the family has: the Amazing Diamond of Tremendous Amounts of Wealth. Now it has been stolen, and he wants it back soon, or it’s off with my head! I must go back to the house, or they will accuse me of burglary! Would you be kind enough to help us?”

I thought about whether or not I should take this case, but the anxious, pleading look on the timid mans face made me make up my mind. I nodded.

He positively jumped for joy. He shook my hand, and said, “Thank you, Thank you!” and raced out the door.

I smiled and sat back onto the hammock, and started to read my book again. Within five minutes, the candle went out.

The next morning, I woke at the crack of dawn. The orange and yellow light was distorted by the grey looming clouds overhead. The rain had ceased, but the clouds had not rolled off. I quickly opened up the bottom drawer on one of the bookcases. I changed into a white shirt, and a pair of brown trousers. I grabbed my brown hat, with a short round bill, and a rounded top. There was an array of crisscrossing brown lines on the top of it, and I grabbed a coat with the same crisscrossing pattern.

Pig was sleeping on a soft pillow on my desk. I prodded Pig’s round, hairless brown nose with my long finger. It mumbled, “Mankey.“ in a sleepy groggy voice. It sat up began to rub its eyes.

“That’s the spirit!” I said encouragingly, but my words had the exact opposite affect on Pig than I wanted them to have. Instead of moving faster, it slumped back down on the pillow asleep.

“Come on, Pig,” I whispered, “We got our first case today! I’m not bringing Sleuth because it might rain.”

Pig did not move.

“Come, ON!” I said, and prodded him on the nose again, this time a little harder than before. This time Pig leapt up, on its feet screeching madly, jumping up and down. Soon, it calmed down, put on its long brown coat, and picked up a large, round magnifying glass. He jumped down from the desk, and leapt out of the door. I followed.

The Morterman Manor was large and grand. It was about three stories tall, and had one large window. The door was big, and made of a deep mahogany wood. There was a large brass lion in the center, with a circular handle on it. I grabbed it, and used it to knock on the door. The noise echoed through the house.

I heard a loud, quick repeating noise, like someone quickly walking down a flight of wooden stairs. An elderly man appeared from behind the door. It was Perkins. He opened it a crack, and spoke quickly.

“Hello, hello, Inspector. Do come in,” he said.

He opened the door wider, and stepped aside so Pig and I could walk in. The entrance hall was very large, and nearly empty, except for a large statue of an armless Greek statue of a man with a large discuss. There was a large golden chandelier hanging from the ceiling, with long golden chains, and was holding up many tall unlit candles.

As I was admiring the large chandeliers, when I heard a deep angry voice, from a room up stairs. I never saw the person who was speaking that day, but heard what he said loudly, and clearly.

“Perkins, you bumbling fool, don’t leave him in the entrance hall, bring him up here!” he said maliciously.

“Sorry sir,” mumbled Perkins quietly, as he ushered upstairs and me and Pig quickly.

We walked up the long staircase, and into a small, empty room. There was nothing in the room, except a tall pedestal, with a stand for a small gem, though it was empty. In front of it was a small gold plate, engraved with the words, “ The Heirloom of the Moterman family: The Amazing Diamond of Tremendous Amounts of Wealth” The stand exceptionally small, and could not have held anything larger than a walnut. Judging from how mad Sir George was last night, I would have thought that it was much larger. There was a gigantic window at my right side, over looking a large patch of lush, green grass. There was another smaller room that over looked my small, dingy hut. Pig began to pace around the room, obviously wondering what could reach this room, as Perkins walked in the room behind me, and close the door.

“Welcome to the room of the Amazing Diamond of Tremendous Amounts of Wealth. This is where it stood before it was stolen. We have a state-of-the-art security system built by a great professor, called lasers. Come stand by me,” he explained hastily.

I walked over beside him, and then, Perkins pushed a small red button. Jets of red light shot out from the wall, and crisscrossed through the room, bouncing off small, cleverly placed mirrors throughout the room. Later in my life, I learned that these “lassers” were actually called “lasers”.

“If you touch them, an alarm will sound,“ explained Perkins, as they began to fade away. I began to strut over to the other side, but Perkins stopped me. “They aren’t gone,” he said, and pressed the button. “Now they are!”

Now I continued to the other side, and Pig began to ask questions. He jumped up on my shoulders, and said, “Mankey, man man, mankey key man!”

I nodded, and mumbled, “mmhm, mmhm.” Then I turned to Perkins, and said, “Pig said, ‘What color was this diamond?’” Pig slapped his hand on his head, and toppled off of my shoulder. I don’t think that that was what he meant. He began jumping up and down furiously screeching loudly.

“Erm, silver,” he said nervously.

Pig then tried again. “Mankey, man man, mankey key man!” he screeched.

“Oooh, I get it now,” I told Pig reassuringly, “Pig, says,“ I told Perkins, ”He says that, ‘Wh-‘“ I stopped abruptly. I saw a glint of light from the large window. I ran over to the large window, and saw a small critter running in a zigzagging pattern across the large green field. It was carrying a small shiny object and was a light brownish color.

I grabbed Pig by the arm, opened the window, and slid down the black, wet gutter. When we reached the soggy field bellow, I yelled, “Pig Karate Chop!” and threw the small pig-monkey onto the grass. It rolled onto its feet quickly, and began running, with one of its small arm raised. He was still wearing his cloak, but had lost his large hat and cigar. The cloak swayed out behind him, like a brown cape.

Suddenly he stopped, and looked around. There was nothing their. Whatever I had saw was gone. He looked at me perplexedly, and said, “Man, mankey man?” which probably meant, ”Where did it go?”

I surveyed the area as well, glancing around the entire field. The place looked empty, until I saw a silver glint. The thief leapt out of a small bush.

“Over there!” I yelled, pointing to it.

Pig turned, and saw the thief. He put up his arm, and began racing towards it again. The fluffy, little thief was faster. Pig was getting farther, and farther away from it.

“Throw something!” I yelled.

Pig stopped running, and put one of its small hands into its pocket and pulled out his small bubble-blowing pipe. He pulled his hand back, and threw the pipe as hard as he could towards the thief. The pipe soared through above the field like a boomerang, and smashed into the side of the thief’s head. It slumped to the floor, as I jogged over there.

When I got close enough, I realized what this particular thief was. It was a small Zigzagoon. Pig was jumping up and down happily, but his happiness was short lived. Zigzagoon stood up and angrily, and charged at Pig, with the diamond in his mouth. It ran straight towards Pig, quickly, and determinedly. He collided with pig, and tilted his brown, and white head upward, throwing the young detective into the air.

I yelled, and threw my arm up to prevent Pig from falling on me, if he happened to land on me. Fortunately, he didn’t but landed on the opposite side of Zigzagoon, with a soft thud. Pig groaned, and stood up slowly.

He stared at the little menace for while, panting angrily. His once brown fur, had turned reddish, and there was a vein throbbing horribly in his right temple. Zigzagoon, who had also been panting, angrily with his tail sticking up, and ears perked, suddenly dropped them. He began to whimper, which was muffled by the small diamond in his mouth. He turned, and began to run, in a straight line away from Pig.

Pig furiously began thrashing around, and banged its two fists on the ground. It screeched madly, and began darting at the small pest. It screeched, and yelled furiously, as the small Pokemon, as it tried to make an attempt to flee. Pig, no doubt fuelled by its rage, quickly and easily caught up to Zigzagoon.

Zigzagoon looked over its shoulder’s as it ran, to see its furious pursuer, hot on its tail. It tried to kick up a mouthful of dust, at Mankey’s furious face. Unfortunately, Zigzagoon learned that, kicking up sand while you are running, is hard, and it is foolish to do this to an already furious Mankey.

As he tried to kick up sand, Zigzagoon slowed down, merely hopping on his front two legs at times. Pig raced through the thick cloud of sand, and kicked blindly in the direction of the thief. Luckily, the kick met its mark, smashing through the sand, and into Zigzagoon’s fragile rib cage. There was a loud “CRACK” as Zigzagoon soar upwards into the sky, and back down on to the cold, hard ground. The small shiny diamond fell out of his mouth, and rolled away. Zigzagoon did not try to retrieve it.

“The only way to catch the thief,” I said to my self out loud. I took out a large blue and green ball, the size of an orange, and pressed the yellow button in the middle. It doubled in size, and I lobbed over towards the Zigzagoon.”

There was a skid, and screech of a car coming to halt after going at least 50 miles per hour. There was a sound of a door opening, and a person quickly shuffling out. Kollom looked up from his paper, and listened carefully.

There was a thud from below, and the sound of a gun being loaded. A horse voice then shouted, “Where is Kollom?!”

Zigzagoon=10k
Total characters w/out spaces = 13k
Total characters w/spaces = 15k

WEll, its sort of confusing, but I'm trying to catch the Zigzagoon in the blue part.

Done: 8680

I don't ref forum battles/1v1s. Don't PM me to ref, IM me instead.
I need to have basic battles.

I grade week old stories that are Hard rank or lower. :)

Last edited by Leman; 05-13-2007 at 05:20 PM.