View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 08:27 PM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default PE2K Challenges You to the Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments!

PE2K Challenges You to the Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments!
-05/07/07-

Yes, I'm challenging you, everyone one of you, to the Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments! The prerelease tournaments will be held on the weekends of May 12th-13th and May 19th-20th, in cities across the US. I'll be playing on May 20th, at Santa Clara, California. So if you ever wanted to challenge me, the webmaster of PE2K, here's your chance.

I never played in an official Pokemon Organized Play event (just playing the video games and working on this site is time consuming enough, plus I'm usually busy being the photographer at these events), although I have played the Pokemon TCG casually with friends. So go easy on me (yea, I'm sure you will). Whoever beats me first in the tournament, gets a free PE2K t-shirt if just mention it if you beat me.

Haven't Played Before?
The Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments are a great way to learn how to play because of the less competitive environment. You can learn how to play through the online tutorial: http://www.pokemon-tcg.com/learnplay/. Plus, if you're unsure on something, there are judges at the event that can help you out.

No Deck? No Problem!
If you don't have a Pokemon TCG deck, no worries, you don't need to bring your own deck. The prerelease tournaments gives you 6 booster packs (included in the $25 admission fee) to build a deck to compete in the tournament (and of course, you get to keep all your cards when the tournament is over). On top of that, you get a free promo card and a Diamond/Pearl promotional item item as well (while supplies last). And once you complete the tournament, you get an additional two booster packs of Diamond and Pearl. So in the end, you get 8 booster packs for a $25 admission fee (buying them on their own at $3.79 each would cost you more than $30 already), plus you get the freebies like the promo card and the Diamond/Pearl promotional item. So it's a great deal, it's practically free with all the stuff you're getting.

-----

For more information, go here: Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments - FAQ
For dates and locations, go here: Pokemon TCG: Diamond and Pearl Prerelease Tournaments - Locator

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com