View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 03:19 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default PE2K at Pokemon TCG National Championships (Thursday)!

PE2K at Pokemon TCG National Championships (Thursday)!
-07/05/07-

Hi everyone! Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July! Today I'm reporting from the Pokemon TCG National Championships at the Origins International Game Expo in Columbus, Ohio. The Pokemon TCG North American Professor Cup will be held on July 6th (Friday), a tournament exclusively for Pokemon Professors (judges). And the Pokemon TCG National Championships will be held during July 7th-8th (Saturday and Sunday).

Today on July 5th (Thursday), the side events for the Pokemon TCG begun. This includes the Pokemon TCG League Play, Pokemon TCG Modified Constructed, Pokemon TCG Sealed Deck, and 8 person pick-up tournaments will occur throughout the weekend. At the Exhibit Hall, the Pokemon Trading Figure Game is available for demo. It won't be released here in the US until August 15th, so this is a great chance for fans to learn and play the game. They also gave out some free stuff for convention goers: posters of the Pokemon TCG World Championships, POP Series 3 packs, and inflatable Pokeballs. Unfortunately, they don't have any other Pokemon products for sale in their booth (though I did see other vendors there selling Pokemon cards).

Of course, the Origins International Game Expo offers many other events and exhibits, so I'll be checking out some of that as well.

For more pictures of the event, go here: Pokemon TCG National Championships at Origins

Check back here in the news for more updates from PE2K at the Pokemon TCG National Championships at Origins!

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com