View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 AM
PokemonElite2000 Offline

Send a message via ICQ to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via AIM to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via MSN to PokemonElite2000 Send a message via Yahoo to PokemonElite2000
Default Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Pokemon Trainer and Deoxys!

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Pokemon Trainer and Deoxys!
-08/28/07-

Pokemon Trainer
A new character for Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the Pokemon Trainer. Like all Pokemon trainers, the Pokemon Trainer doesn't participate in the battle himself, but uses a rotation of three Pokemon: Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard. The Pokemon Trainer can use a special move called Pokemon Change to switch among the three Pokemon in the set order. The damage meter stays the same on all three Pokemon, so switching won't get you a new damage meter. The trick in using the Pokemon is knowing when to keep them in and when to switch out. If you keep the same Pokemon too often or change Pokemon too often, it's not good for the Pokemon.

-----

Poke Ball Pokemon: Deoxys
Deoxys will be available as one of the Pokemon inside the Poke Ball item in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. When Deoxys is sent out it will fly up and unleash a Hyper Beam attack.

-----

PE2K Comment
I've talked to many fans about possible Pokemon characters in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. In some of those conversations, we talked about possibly adding Ash to the characters (though at the time I would think it would be highly unlikely, since Ash doesn't actually "fight"). I guess I'm wrong, partly. It's not Ash, but it's a Pokemon trainer, so that works. And instead of fist fighting himself (which wouldn't make much sense), the trainer is using different Pokemon to fight, which is a great idea. So far, the only Pokemon related playable characters confirmed are Pikachu and the Pokemon Trainer. Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Pichu, whom appeared in the previous Super Smash Bros. Melee, are not yet confirmed to return, so we're still awaiting word on that, and any other new Pokemon characters that might join the battle (I'm hoping for Psyduck).

-----

Related Links
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html - Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Website

-----

*For news complete with pictures, go to the website: http://www.pokemonelite2000.com