View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 06:55 AM
Manjoume Jun Offline

Send a message via AIM to Manjoume Jun Send a message via MSN to Manjoume Jun
Default Re: FireRed and LeafGreen Move Tutor Moves

Due to the way the URPG works, there are plenty of Pokémon that already learn far too many moves.

For example, as Mana brought up a while ago in this thread, Starmie and Snorlax can learn a whole hoarde of TMs, plus their natural movesets are quite nasty too.

If the fact that Pokémon will have too many moves after this is a problem, then why don't we start putting restrictions on the Pokémon that already have too many moves?

Why... because it doesn't make a difference.

You look at all the people who have Pokémon which have been taught every single TM available to them in the URPG. Some of the Pokémon who have been around since RBY have access to over 100 TMs, whereas the newcomers have access only to the TMs that could be attained in their own respective games.

Think about Chansey, that could learn a TON of TMs just in RBY, and because of its stats, the URPG has labelled it as one of the most powerful Pokémon a trainer could possibly own, which is why so few people have one.

So just saying that these Move Tutor moves will make the amount of moves learnable by one Pokémon too much is pointless, as some Pokémon already classify this way.

We finally got round to opening the Breeding Centre, right?

There are some Pokémon who can learn more moves via breeding than they can via the FR/LG Move Tutors, which again puzzles me as to why this idea is so heavily viewed against by certain individuals.

Well, that's all I have to say for now, I'll let you all decide, I mean, whenever he posts, what Jack says goes, so I might as well argue now rather than later.