View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 04:49 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: [RP] Digimon Severance

It was quite cool within the trees here. All my life I'd gone down these highways and looked at the trees here, wondering if they were any use to anyone, but now that I was within them, within their misty silence and freedom from the rest of the world, I was glad that they had been there, waiting for me. I still breathed heavily, glad and surprised at the same time that the grass underneath me was as soft as it was. I didn't think that these parts were actually tended to, where that in fact may have been true, but whatever the case it felt like I was in someone's well cared-for yard.

I looked to Gabumon who was looking up into the trees above us. He seemed to be deep in though, about something that obviously was a bit more worrisome than what we had just gone through. 'Ian," he said after an almost unbearable silence.

He looked at me, our eyes locking. What could possibly be this distressing?

"What is it, Gabumon?" I asked, trying to regain my composure.

"There's something you need to know..."

I raised an eyebrow, still bothered by whatever this could've been. "Yeah?"

"I was sent here to find you," he said.

"Well if that wasn't clear enough," I said almost sarcastically. "Yeah, so what? You found me, here I am. I don't see what's bothering you so much."

"That's not it!" Gabumon exclaimed. "I was sent here to take you to the Digital World! Prophecy is coming so, and I was one of the chosen digimon sent out to the human world to go and find my digidestined partner! I have to take you back to my world and try and restore order!"

My eyes lit up with the sound of adventure. Despite the attacks that had actually made it to the news - those horrible, bloody deaths - I was still excited by the sound of this. But still, Gabumon was worried about something... what could it be that's so bad? "Awesome!" I nearly shouted. "When do we leave?"

His eyes opened wide with surprise, obviously not hearing what he had expected. "Aren't you worried? You have a whole family here! Danger lies ahead of us, and I've been sent to find who turned out to be one of the nicest humans I've ever heard of and steal you away from your world! Doesn't that bother you?"

I tilted my head back and started laughin. When I saw the confusion on his face, along with another blush of embarassment, I quickly reformed myself. "Well, at least now I see what you might be worried about." The digimon's ears pricked up at the word 'might.' "But what you may be looking at as something terrible, 'stealing me,' as you called it, is actually..." I thought about it for a moment, looking for the right word. "Saving me."

(A view from Highway 1)

Credit to Exophi for making such a splendid banner!

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker