View Single Post
Old 10-23-2007, 02:14 AM
DreamWalker Offline
Amateur Trainer

Default Re: [RP] Digimon Severance

Gabumon's eyes practically bulged out of his head as I said that. "What?" he asked, almost mortified with my statement. "Shouldn't you be mad at me for trying to take you away from your world?"

I shook my head, grinning a little bit.

"But I've come to take you away! Away from all your friends and family, away from everything that you call familiar and believe to be safe, to throw you into a world of perils and danger! There are good and bad digimon everywhere, and I altlhough I promise that I'll protect you with my life, I can't guarantee that we'll ever be completely safe in any situation! Doesn't that bother you?"

I shook my head once more. "Not in the slightest," I replied.

He sighed a bit, almost upset that I wasn't.

"In fact," I said, "I'd be prepared to leave this world this instant if you asked me to."

Gabumon couldn't contain himself then. He nearly fell over in surprise, shocked that anyone could be so detached to their own world at any given moment. "Are you sure?" he asked. "If I could guarantee you access to the Digital World at any time, there would be nothing that you'd want to go and do or say?"

"Well," I said, hesitating a bit. I noticed that Gabumon sighed a bit in relief that he had me on something. "I might want to go and get some supplies," I said. "But on a more rational thought, I'd see that that'd be impossible for me to leave the house again anytime soon, after the way I left tonight, and besides that, there'd barely be any time at all before someone would call the police after seeing you. Frankly, we're proably collectively safer in your world than this one. I can't protect you very well in this world, since that would be the case."

Gabumon sighed once again, this time in relief. It appeared that he didn't really want to go through any serious work for just getting me into his world, just that he was worried mainly for me that I might have second thoughts partway through. "So I guess the only thing left to do is to find a digital gate, and at the rate that our worlds are unravelling, it would seem that there should be another reachable one before the moon comes up."

My eyebrows raised in surprise at his comment. He obviously knew more about the crisis at hand than any other human in this world, apparently. In fact, he knew just so much, that it was barely an hour that had passed before his nose started sniffing loudly.

"A portal is coming," he said. "We must make haste."

Credit to Exophi for making such a splendid banner!

Oboedio Voculas
-DreamWalker