View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Scytherwolf Offline

Default Re: Villains in Pokémon Fanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larvinator View Post
Unnecessary bump for justice!

This is a good guide, though I disagree with you on the principle that all cowardly villains are bad. Villains with certain cowardly qualities are actually not too bad. Heck, Voldemort has a massive fear of death.

You hit the nail on the head with the Dark Pokemon thing. x.X But you have to admit that they're more likely to be villains, theoretically. Superstition around Pokemon like Absol or fear of monster-looking Pokemon like Houndoom would likely leave them outcast, and being without any friends because of your appearance and the whatnot is a good breeding ground for a more twisted, easily mislead mind. And some Dark Pokemon are just evil in general; Murkrow's dex entry says it leads travelers deep into the wilderness until they're hopelessly lost. Nonetheless, it's always possible for Pokemon like Jigglypuff or the Eeveelutions to be villains. Hm, a Jigglypuff villain...

I overanalyze things. xP But more power to you for fighting the norms of villainy and heroes!
Thanks. x3

But my post isn't a guide, just my weird opinions. And I never said that cowardly villains were "bad", only that I'm annoyed with them if they run away without putting up much of a fight. That's what I meant, I'm just bad at explaining things. D= I mean, villains have fears just like everyone else of course^^

I get what you're saying about the dark types, I'm fine with it as long as they have a reason for being the way they are. And the Murkrow thing interests me. I don't think it's evil, but now for some reason I feel like writing a short story as to WHY it leads travelers away. Maybe it is to try to protect its home from humans and so leads them far away from where its home is? *random thought* Hm...

I don't really think any one species is all evil or all good, it just depends on the individual. (And I think some things about dark types would be just superstition.) But...I think I think about this too much. =O

Thanks to Lunar Latias for the banner and Kirimori for the picture!

-My Links-