View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 AM
-Pichu Boy- Offline

Send a message via AIM to -Pichu Boy-
Default Re: The URPG National Park is opening it's doors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
It's not a Roleplaying Game if there's no actual Roleplaying involved, amirite?

The URPG is a role-play because it's not real life. You're using your imagination to create a world around you...

Ok, that was just the worst explanation ever, so I'm letting Wikipedia take over.

Quote:
In roleplaying, participants adopt and act out the role of characters, or parts, that may have personalities, motivations, and backgrounds different from their own. Roleplaying, also known as RP to some, is like being in an improvisational drama or free-form theater, in which the participants are the actors who are playing parts, and the audience.

People use the phrase "role-playing" in at least three distinct ways:

to refer to the playing of roles generally such as in a theater, or educational setting;
to refer to a wide range of games including computer role-playing games, play-by-mail games and more;
or to refer specifically to role-playing games.
So, just by applying for a starter, you're role-playing. You don't need to 'put the RP back in URPG', because it's already there.

Ok, now I've got that across, time to say my opionions on this.

I haven't read the stickies, partly because I don't have the attention span to. But from what I see, it's basically writing with two people... and each person has no idea what the other will put.

Interesting, but I think it's still too-alike stories. Maybe, yes, the stickies would explain how it's different, but I haven't read them yet, and intend to sometime, so I can get the jist of all this. :)

My two cents pennies.